The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   'Star Trek' 2008-2009 Book Projects Announced (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=52274)

TrekToday April 20 2008 04:35 AM

'Star Trek' 2008-2009 Book Projects Announced

A list of <i>Star Trek</i> books projected to be released through early 2009 was released today at the New York Comic-Con.<p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://trekbbs.com/">TrekBBS</A>, the <i>Star Trek</i> Book panel at Comic-Con, run by <font color=yellow>Marco Palmieri</font>, <font color=yellow>Margaret Clark</font>, <font color=yellow>David Mack</font>, <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett</font> and <font color=yellow>Keith R.A. DeCandido</font>, announced the forthcoming <i>Star Trek</i> books that will appear in bookstores from May 2008 through May 2009.<p><i>Terok Nor: Night of the Wolves</i> by <font color=yellow>S.D. Perry & Britta Dennison</font> will be released in May of 2008.<p>June 2008 will see the appearance of two books: <i>DS9: These Haunted Seas</i> by <font color=yellow>David R. George III & Heather Jarman</font>, and <i>Terok Nor: Dawn of the Eagles</i> by <font color=yellow>S.D. Perry & Britta Dennison</font><p>Two books will also be offered in July of 2008: <i>Myriad Universes: Infinity's Prism</i> by <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett, William Leisner</font> and <font color=yellow>James Swallow</font> and <i>DS9: Fearful Symmetry</i> by <font color=yellow>Olivia Woods</font>.<p>In August, look for <i>Myriad Universes: Echoes and Refractions</i> by <font color=yellow>Keith R.A. DeCandido, Chris Roberson</font> and <font color=yellow>Geoff Trowbridge</font>; and <i>TNG: Greater than the Sum</i> by <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett</font>.<p>September 2008 will see the publication of <i>Star Trek 101</i>, authored by <font color=yellow>Terry J. Erdmann</font> and <font color=yellow>Paula M. Block</font>. <i>Star Trek 101</i> is a primer for the new or casual <i>Star Trek</i> fan, who may be interested in <i>Star Trek XI</i>. There will also be some fun things included for more dedicated fans. Also in September, look for <i>Enterprise: Kobayashi Maru</i> by <font color=yellow>Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels</font>.<p>October's books are: <i>COE: Wounds</i> by <font color=yellow>Ilsa J. Bick, Keith R.A. DeCandido, John J. Ordover, Terri Osborne</font> and <font color=yellow>Cory Rushton</font> plus <i>Destiny: Gods of Night</i> by <font color=yellow>David Mack</font>.<p>Two more books by <font color=yellow>David Mack</font> will appear in November and December 2008: <i>Destiny: Mere Mortals</i> and <i>Destiny: Lost Souls</i>.<p>2009 begins with the January release of <i>Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows</i>. The authors will be: <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett</font>, <font color=yellow>Margaret Wander Bonanno</font>, <font color=yellow>Peter David</font>, <font color=yellow>Keith R.A. DeCandido</font>, <font color=yellow>Michael Jan Friedman</font>, <font color=yellow>Jim Johnson</font>, <font color=yellow>Rudy Josephs</font>, <font color=yellow>David Mack</font>, <font color=yellow>Dave Stern</font>, <font color=yellow>James Swallow</font>, <font color=yellow>Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore</font> and <font color=yellow>Susan Wright</font>. January will also offer: <i>TOS: Errand of Fury: Book 3: Sacrifices of War</i> by <font color=yellow>Kevin Ryan</font>.<p><i>A Singular Destiny</i>, a follow-up novel to <font color=yellow>David Mack's</font> <i>Destiny</i> Trilogy, will be released in February of 2009. <i>A Singular Destiny</i> is about the political fallout from <i>Destiny's</i> events, and is written along the lines of a Tom Clancy-style political thriller. <i>A Singular Destiny</i> is written by <font color=yellow>Keith R.A. DeCandido</font>.<p>March 2009 will see the appearance of <i>TOS: Mere Anarchy</i> by <font color=yellow>Mike W. Barr</font>, <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett</font>, <font color=yellow>Margaret Wander Bonanno</font>, <font color=yellow>Dave Galanter</font>, <font color=yellow>Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore</font> and <font color=yellow>Howard Weinstein</font>. March will also see the release of <i>Titan: Over a Torrent Sea</i> by <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett</font>. <i>Titan: Over a Torrent Sea</i> picks up where <i>Destiny</i> leaves off.<p><i>Voyager: Full Circle</i> by <font color=yellow>Kirsten Beyer</font> will debut in April of 2009. It will pick up where <i>Star Trek Voyager: Spirit Walk: Book 2</i> left off and will take Voyager all the way to <i>Destiny</i> and will also set the tone for future post-finale <i>Voyager</i> fiction.<p><i>Vanguard: Book 4</i> by <font color=yellow>Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore</font> is on tap for a May 2009 release.<p>To read more, head to the article located <A class="link" HREF="http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=52233">here</A>.<center></center>

KRAD April 20 2008 06:13 AM

Re: 'Star Trek' 2008-2009 Book Projects Announced

Just to be clear, this isn't everything being published in the timeframe, simply the new things that were announced for the first time at Comic-Con.

T'Bonz April 20 2008 07:14 AM

It is now. ;) I found and added the rest. If I've missed anything, it'll have to wait 'til tomorrow.

KRAD April 20 2008 02:16 PM

^ Cool beanies. Thanks muchly! :techman:

donners22 April 21 2008 07:34 AM

I presume PAD is writing a New Frontier chapter in the new Mirror Universe book. I was really frustrated by the first two - some interesting plots but terrible execution, IMHO.

BlazerBoy April 23 2008 01:33 AM

I'm paying keen attention to the Destiny Trilogy, A Singular Destiny, and Full Circle. Resistance, Q&A, and Before Dishonor were some of the best reading I've had SINCE the A Time to.. series. If they are any indication of what these books will be like, I will be first in line to buy all of them. I'd only been somewhat interested in the Voyager relaunch novels, but I'm hoping Destiny and Full Circle will get it back on track also. Its going to be damn exciting literary year!

donners22 April 24 2008 10:38 AM

^ So you're the person who liked Before Dishonour? ;)