The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=47420)

TrekToday March 2 2008 09:34 PM

Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
<i>Dancing in the Dark</i>, starring <font color=yellow>Scott Bakula</font> opens March 4th in San Diego's Old Globe Theater.<p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.fox6.com/">Fox6 San Diego</A>, <i>Dancing in the Dark</i> opens this week with Scott Bakula playing the lead role of Tony Hunter, a Hollywood star whose career is waning and who returns to New York to create a new musical. The musical is based on the movie <i>The Band Wagon</i>. It is directed by <font color=yellow>Gary Griffin</font> and choreographed by <font color=yellow>Warren Carlyle</font>.<p>Discussing his character Tony's motivations for returning to New York, Bakula said, "He started there and it's about him rediscovering his roots and rediscovering what makes him happy and what creatively makes him happy."<p>The Old Globe has a reputation for success. "The Old Globe has this incredible reputation of doing new work and new work that is successful new work and new work that moves on," said Bakula. Twenty-one of the musicals that have debuted there have made it to Broadway.<p>Bakula hopes that the San Diego audiences are just as excited by the production as the cast is. "...When you're working with an audience...it's a team kind of situation. It's a remarkable experience and it's the ultimate in performing."<p>To see the video, head to the link located <A class="link" HREF="http://www.fox6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=422790@video.fox6.com&navCatId= 5&rss=800">here</A>.<center></center>

Pioneer March 3 2008 05:59 AM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Uh huh. That's nice. Good for him. I like Scott Bakula. Really.

However:

Do we have to keep track of every - little - thing that anybody that ever had a part in anything that was Star Trek related is involved with now? At what point do we need to let go of what is essentially non-Star Trek related news?

Hey! News Flash!!!! Whoopi Goldberg is still on "The View"!

Is there some kind of news-bot generating this crap?

T'Bonz March 3 2008 07:16 AM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Well, we offer a wide variety. Believe it or not, some of the actors/actresses have devoted fans who enjoy the news.

Bakula is a sweetie and who minds reading about him?

Besides, ever try finding news for every single day of the year, that is Trek-related? Lots of luck!

I've been called many things before, but never a bot. ;)

Pioneer March 5 2008 07:33 AM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Quote:

T'Bonz wrote: (Post 1399383)
I've been called many things before, but never a bot. ;)

OH! So you're the culprit, eh? I'll have to keep my eye on you so you don't keep boring the crap out of us. There are slow news days, you know.:p

T'Bonz March 5 2008 07:21 PM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Try being ME. I have to read ALL of the stuff. ;)

Pioneer March 6 2008 06:05 PM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Quote:

T'Bonz wrote: (Post 1408102)
Try being ME. I have to read ALL of the stuff. ;)

T'Bonz, I've decided that I like you. You're a funny guy.

T'Bonz March 7 2008 02:44 AM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Oh great, instead of being a bot, I've acquired a penis instead.

My luck is really out lately.

(I'm female.)

Pioneer March 8 2008 05:49 PM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Quote:

T'Bonz wrote: (Post 1412805)
Oh great, instead of being a bot, I've acquired a penis instead.

My luck is really out lately.

(I'm female.)

Sorry about that! But how am I supposed to know? The public profiles don't show gender or real names or anything like that. And I can't necessarily go by your avatar because people like "Jack Bauer" have female avatars but are guys. So what's a fella to do? (I'm a guy, in case you haven't guessed.:))

T'Bonz March 8 2008 08:32 PM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Fair enough. Usually I have an av that leaves no one in doubt that I'm female, but someone gave me the Romulan Commander one as a gift.

You're off the hook....THIS time. :devil:

Pavlova March 15 2008 04:49 AM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Quote:

Pioneer wrote: (Post 1399273)
Uh huh. That's nice. Good for him. I like Scott Bakula. Really.

However:

Do we have to keep track of every - little - thing that anybody that ever had a part in anything that was Star Trek related is involved with now? At what point do we need to let go of what is essentially non-Star Trek related news?

Hey! News Flash!!!! Whoopi Goldberg is still on "The View"!

Is there some kind of news-bot generating this crap?

I must say that I'm just that little bit offended by Pioneer's comment.

Scott Bakula didn't merely have some "little - thing" to do with Trek. He is and always will be the Captain of the NX-01!

As a Trek fan and an Enterprise fan, who also happens to be a Bakula fan, I really appreciate T'Bonz posting this news item.

Thanks, T'Bonz :thumbsup:

Anna Yolei March 18 2008 10:34 AM

Re: Scott Bakula Takes On Former Fred Astaire Part
 
Quote:

Pavlova wrote: (Post 1438028)
Quote:

Pioneer wrote: (Post 1399273)
Uh huh. That's nice. Good for him. I like Scott Bakula. Really.

However:

Do we have to keep track of every - little - thing that anybody that ever had a part in anything that was Star Trek related is involved with now? At what point do we need to let go of what is essentially non-Star Trek related news?

Hey! News Flash!!!! Whoopi Goldberg is still on "The View"!

Is there some kind of news-bot generating this crap?

I must say that I'm just that little bit offended by Pioneer's comment.

Scott Bakula didn't merely have some "little - thing" to do with Trek. He is and always will be the Captain of the NX-01!

You'd be surprised how few people I've come across in RL even know SB was ever *on* a Trek series at all. Great promotion of the show, UPN. :rolleyes: I'm not sure what the offense is over, however, since I assume the poster was referring to the whole of Trek actors and not just Bakula.

Anyway...T'Bonz,do you have to search for these articles yourself, or do they get forwarded to you? *is unsure* either way, wow, what a lot of work for one admin. :eek:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.