The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Child Spock Cast (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=47032)

TrekToday February 27 2008 08:29 PM

Child Spock Cast

<font color=yellow>Jacob Kogan</font> is slated to appear as the child Spock in <i>Star Trek XI</i>.<p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://trekmovie.com">Trekmovie.com</A>, Kogan, a twelve-year-old who was seen in the 2007 horror film <i>Joshua</i>, will be playing a young Spock in <i>Star Trek XI</i>.<p>He will appear only briefly in the film, having at least one scene with <font color=yellow>Winona Ryder</font>, who is playing his mother, Amanda Grayson. It is not yet known if he will be in any scenes with <font color=yellow>Ben Cross</font>, who plays Sarek, his father.<p>Kogan, the son of Russian actor <font color=yellow>Pavel Kogan</font>, was born and raised in New York. He has appeared in multiple episodes of the MTV2 sketch comedy show <i>Wonder Showzen</i> as well as his appearance in <i>Joshua</i>. <p>Kogan has been cast another film, the comedy <i>Wherever You Are</i>, which is currently in post-production. In spite of this, his career may be limited by the rules imposed by his mother, which are: no sitcoms, no commercials, no dumb films and no relocating to Los Angeles. <p>To read more, head to the link located <A class="link" HREF="http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/27/meet-little-spock/">here</A>.<center></center>

The Scrooge Doctor February 27 2008 10:27 PM

Re: Child Spock Cast

Quote:

TrekToday wrote: (Post 1385244)
In spite of this, his career may be limited by the rules imposed by his mother, which are: no sitcoms, no commercials, no dumb films and no relocating to Los Angeles.

(Emphasis mine) And yet he's in several comedy projects and a horror film. :lol:

Temis the Vorta February 27 2008 10:56 PM

Cool. Now they know who to get for those Sylar flashbacks.

(I'd be far more interested in seeing Sylar's childhood than Spock's. I'm a bad disloyal Trekkie. :()

Tralah February 28 2008 01:51 AM

Hee! That's an interesting point. I'm really not sure whose childhood's flashbacks I'd enjoying seeing more, Sylar's or Spock's. We're going to get a glimpse of Spock's though, so here's hoping we might with Sylar too!

Pioneer February 28 2008 02:55 AM

And what about Sybock?

Tralah February 28 2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

Pioneer wrote: (Post 1386630)
And what about Sybock?

Shh! I don't know about you but I'm rather hoping they forget about him. :p

Jack Bauer February 28 2008 06:19 AM

Sybok who?

Tralah February 28 2008 06:48 AM

Oh wow! I just watched the clip of this kid linked by Trekmovie.com where he plays this creepy psychopathic kid in that horror film. The have GOT to have him play little Sylar if Heroes does flashbacks. He would be absolutely perfect for it.

StarMan February 28 2008 12:53 PM

He looks the part.

Spider February 29 2008 12:01 AM

Now that they've thrown in the kitchen sink, what's next? A water heater? :guffaw:

Temis the Vorta February 29 2008 04:57 AM

The funny thing is, I think Sybok could work out okay as a character - just assume Spock has a half brother who was an adult (or teen) when Spock was born, but doesn't accept all the Vulcan horsepucky and gets more or less disowned as a result. That's an interesting factor to add to Spock's backstory.

Re Sylar vs Spock - I feel like I sorta know how Spock's childhood was, but Sylar's is a mystery. Was he a normal kid with a somewhat flaky mom till the "bad genes" kicked in? Or was he screwed up by his parents, a la Elle, possibly because they guessed that powers would emerge? Mom didn't seem to know specifics, but what about his till-now unseen dad, who was apparently someone Sylar was either desperate for the approval of, or deeply resented, or both?

Tralah February 29 2008 08:28 PM

Yeah, I guess the idea of Spock having an older half brother that rejected Vulcan teachings wasn't too bad. I did really hate the way they used Sybok in the movie, and having him be Spock's half-brother just seemed like a cheap twist just for the sake of having a twist, and not something that enhanced the movie or Spock's character.

Sharr Khan February 29 2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Tralah wrote: (Post 1392732)
Yeah, I guess the idea of Spock having an older half brother that rejected Vulcan teachings wasn't too bad. I did really hate the way they used Sybok in the movie, and having him be Spock's half-brother just seemed like a cheap twist just for the sake of having a twist, and not something that enhanced the movie or Spock's character.

I completely disagree the contrast is almost poetic. Now I wouldn't be so surprised if indeed Sybok does turn up... just cause we haven't heard that he's there yet doesn't mean he isn't. Given the apparent awareness of detail those involved have concerning Trek and all.

Sharr

MadBaggins March 2 2008 03:02 PM

Why didn't they just use the same actor who played the child Spock in Star Trek 3?

Jack Bauer March 3 2008 05:48 AM

Because he's no longer a child? :confused: