The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   'Star Trek XI' Official Teaser Online (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=43288)

TrekToday January 22 2008 12:27 AM

'Star Trek XI' Official Teaser Online

As seen at the official Star Trek XI site, the teaser shown recently with Cloverfield at theaters has been offered online for the first time.

Trekmovie.com is reporting that the idea for the construction of the Enterprise came from a fan-made image that has been circulating on the Internet for some time. That image shows the Enterprise being built at 'TENNECO Newport News' which is now called Northrop Grumman Newport News and is located in Newport News, Virginia. By coincidence, both aircraft carriers named "Enterprise" were built there.

In other Star Trek news, the short film for the USS Titan shown at Star Trek The Tour has been posted at IESB. The film stars both <font color=yellow>Wil Wheaton</font> (Wesley Crusher) and <font color=yellow>Tim Russ</font> (Tuvok) in a Star Trek adventure where they face a familiar Star Trek enemy.

Pictures of the USS Titan model have been posted at Trekbbs. To see the pictures, head to the link located here.

To see the article with the fan-made Enterprise, head to the link located here. The Star Trek The Tour short Wheaton/Russ film can be seen here.<center></center>

DarkHelmet January 22 2008 12:49 AM

Re: 'Star Trek XI' Official Teaser Online

So much better than the Youtube version. This looked great!

I am so incredibly psyched.

SJSharksfan39 January 22 2008 01:03 AM

I still say the Teaser looked way too dark but just hearing Nimoy doing the "Space, the Final Frontier" makes me feel all giddy inside.

CaptainJon January 22 2008 01:16 AM

I love it and how they had the historical voice-overs, followed by Nimoy's narration! Sweet! I can't wait for Christmas!

DorkBoy [TM] January 22 2008 03:14 AM

Fantastic!

WeAreTheBorg January 22 2008 05:05 AM

Wow that was good.

ELURIA January 22 2008 01:52 PM

I like this teaser alot. Hopefully, I'll get to see it on the big screen as well :)

daedalus5 January 22 2008 06:52 PM

Hurray for Nimoy! Brilliant teaser. The visuals and music are fabuluous. Am REALLY excited now about Christmas. And yeah, I felt goosebumps too! :D

Kadratis January 22 2008 09:41 PM

Was bored so here's a YouTube mirror for the Tour video and a transcript:

----------------------------------------

Computer: Federation observers now assembled in Interstellar Cartography. Activating Engineering-Lab com link.

Crusher: Welcome aboard the U.S.S. Titan, I'm Assistant Chief Engineer Crusher.

Computer: Data transfer complete.

Crusher: Isolate computer core memory from holographic stasis. The Titan has been tasked for transferring sensitive tactical data that's too valuable to risk subspace transmission to Starfleet Command.

Computer: Holographic stasis stabilized. Core functions nominal.

Crusher: Engineering to Bridge, transfer complete, Captain. observers in place and ready for review.

Tuvok: Mr. Crusher, this is Commander Tuvok. Captain Riker remained aboard the proving station for debriefing. You may commence your review.

Crusher: Computer, access code zero two delta six nine. Visual analysis mode. Let's take a look at what we can.

Computer: Dimensional status display activated. U.S.S Titan -- NCC 80102, Luna class, 450 meters, launch date Earth year 2379, standard human and non-human crew of 350.

Crusher: This is amazing! This data stream includes tactical logs from virtually every Starfleet mission!

Tuvok: Bridge to Engineering. Cancel that review, Mr. Crusher. We just received a priority transmission from the Klingon High Council.

Crusher: Trouble, sir?

Tuvok: Unknown. The transmission was jammed before we could decode. As a precaution, secure the computer core while we investigate.

Crusher: Commander, with the data already in stasis, I don't think that's necessary. Aye, sir. Activating security protocols.

Computer: Core monitoring engaged.

Crusher: Prepare for systems isolation. What the Hell?

Tuvok: Mr. Crusher...

Crusher: I'm losing control. Something's wrong with the system. A viral code from external source.

Computer: Security alert. Computer core breached.

Tuvok: Tactical data...?

Crusher: It's streaming off-board. Someone's stealing it.

Computer: Facsimile alert; subspace disturbance.

Tuvok: On screen. Klingon Bird of Prey. Red alert. The High Council was trying to warn us. Shields up, evasive maneuvers.

Computer: Impulse engines compromised.

Tuvok: Mr. Crusher, I need control of the ship.

Crusher: The Klingon computer code is jamming our control memories.

Computer: Shields deactivating.

Tuvok: Switch to auxiliary power.

Crusher: Not possible. Isolinear circuits are cut off from the command processors.

Computer: Hull breach, deck seven.

Crusher: Commander, it might be time to retreat.

Tuvok: That is not the logical alternative at this time.

Crusher: The ship can't take much more.

Tuvok: Mr. Crusher, sometimes it's best to let your enemies defeat themselves.

Crusher: Sir?

Tuvok: These Klingons are brave enough to attack a Federation starship, but so over confident that they don't bother to cover their own tracks.

Crusher: The data stream! Of course! A parasitic code attached to the very data they're stealing would infect their own computer.

Tuvok: An obvious flaw in their strategy.

Crusher: I'm on it.

Computer: Shields deactivated.

Tuvok: And a delay would be a flaw of ours.

Crusher: Sending code. Transmission on.

Tuvok: Brace for impact. Mr. Crusher?

Crusher: Almost.

Tuvok: Mr. Crusher...

Crusher: Yes! Klingon shields deactivated! Commander, I'm neutralizing the Klingon virus. You've got control.

Tuvok: Diverting all power to weapons. On my mark... fire.

Computer: Klingon vessel destroyed.

Tuvok: Scan debris field for survivors. Damage control all decks. Cancel red alert. Well done, Mr. Crusher. I'm sure our guests appreciated their lesson in starship performance...? Now, one request please.

Crusher: Sir?

Tuvok: Secure the computer core.

Crusher: Securing now.

Tuvok: Helm, return to original course, warp four. And Mr. Crusher, please clear all non-essential personnel off the engineering decks.

Crusher: Yes, sir.

Crusher: Computer, initiate exit sequence.

Computer: Please gather all your belongings and exit through the open doors.

Crusher: Sorry for all the excitement, but there is no such thing as a routine Starfleet assignment. Crusher out.

Procutus January 23 2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

DarkHelmet said:

So much better than the Youtube version. This looked great!

No kidding! The first ten or so seconds seemed to have a bit of a problem streaming on my laptop, but after that, it flowed smoothly.

I can't adequately find words to describe how incredibly real this version of the Enterprise looks. I'm having fangasms over the ship itself.

What a wonderful Christmas present this will make.

Takomaguy January 25 2008 04:14 AM

The thing that kills me about this entire movie is that NCC-1701, if you go by TOS, was online, at least 17 years before Kirk became Captain. Remember the episode in which Spock kidnaps Pike, and jacks the Enterprise? The events of the Enterprise at Talos IV took place about 17 BEFORE. At that time, Spock was an junior bridge officer already.

Why didn't they just do a reboot!?!?!?!?

ancient January 25 2008 04:24 AM

I'm OK with this route.

It's like the reimagining they did with Superman Returns & Batman Begins, which was very respectful to the previous films/comics, but which messed with the details.

A reboot would entail that crazy Borg-Superman with the gun who kills people. (ugh)

Takomaguy January 25 2008 05:08 AM

"A reboot would entail that crazy Borg-Superman with the gun who kills people. (ugh)"

Huh????? Y? A Superman reboot could just have Clark wearing a shirt and slacks instead of a thee-piece suit? Ever visit a the newsroom of a major metropolitan newspaper? None of the reporters wear suits. Hell, they can't afford them!

Nom for me a Star Trek reboot would be something like this, Matt Damon as Kirk, torturing himself to be best at everything, trying to gain the love of his dead parents, because deep down, he feels that they left him because they didn't love him, or because he wasn't as good as his brother Sam. This is the reason why he and Spock got along so well, because Spock deed down was still trying to work hgis b-racial thing. This is the reason why he was always trying to be more Vulcan than anyone else. McCoy being the most balanced, would be there to even the two of them out.

That would be a reboot! To bad Gary Sinese is to old (maybe) to play McCoy. On the other hand, senior level medical officer on a ship like the Enterprise could be about 40...