The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   'Star Trek XI' May Release Early (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=42658)

TrekToday January 14 2008 11:27 PM

'Star Trek XI' May Release Early

Christmas 2008 may come a bit early for Star Trek fans with a possible earlier release of the movie.

As reported at The Trek Movie Report, the delay of Angels & Demons has created a possible opening for Star Trek XI. There is discussion at Paramount regarding moving Star Trek XI up to December 19th or another date before Christmas, when it was due to be released.

It is not uncommon to have movies open earlier than expected. Several high-profile movies, including Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End and Transformers have done just that recently.

In other Star Trek XI as reported at TV Guide, <font color=yellow>Jennifer Morrison</font>, who will be portraying Winona Kirk (James T. Kirk's mother), was another with praise for <font color=yellow>J.J. Abrams</font>. "When I got the call to even come in and meet on it," she said, "I thought, 'Oh gosh, this is never going to work. I don't know anything about this. But J.J. Abrams has got a really cool vision for it and I fit into that. It was lucky for me."

To read more, head to the articles located here and here.<center></center>

Ethros January 14 2008 11:35 PM

Re: 'Star Trek XI' May Release Early

Wow I got excited then, I only glanced at the title and at first thought it said "Star Trek XI Released Early in May"

:lol: 7 months early, that would be impressive!

number6 January 14 2008 11:37 PM

The film coming out early means that Paramount has no faith in the franchise and therefore Early Release=FLOP!

Beat you to it.
:p

Darth_Daver January 14 2008 11:38 PM

nah... it's already being cancelled... :)

that's the only way to save it from being a FLOP. by never releasing it! :thumbsup:

Scout101 January 14 2008 11:54 PM

Morrison is playing Kirk's MOM? How old is Kirk going to be, again? She's not THAT old, figured she'd be a crewmember, not Kirk's friggin' mother...

Photoman15 January 15 2008 12:44 AM

She's his mother shown pregnant with him, not when he's in Starfleet. I was hoping she'd be Carol Marcus

ChristopherPike January 15 2008 01:11 AM

Heck, why don't they just have it available to buy on DVD next Christmas... :lol:

Procutus January 15 2008 02:11 AM

^

Works for me!

:thumbsup:

donners22 January 15 2008 05:25 AM

Rats, I was hoping to go from the Boxing Day Test at the MCG straight to Crown for the premiere. Talk about a perfect day...

Mutara Nebula 1967 January 15 2008 06:41 PM

Finally common sense prevails. Christmas Day is a dumb time to release a film...Ask ALIEN V. PREDATOR 2.

Photoman15 January 15 2008 08:47 PM

It's a dumb time to release a crappy film. Hopefully that won't be the case with Trek XI

Morpheus 02 January 16 2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

ChristopherPike said:
Heck, why don't they just have it available to buy on DVD next Christmas... :lol:

It will be in some areas...just ask the Bootleg Man! :klingon:

Jack Bauer January 16 2008 07:07 AM

Christmas time is one of the biggest money making times at the box office. So a release around this time is very good and shows Paramount has confidence in it.

Scout101 January 17 2008 07:28 PM

Then again, they were confident enough to put Nemesis against one of the LOTR films, and how did that work out...?

Morpheus 02 January 17 2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Scout101 said:
Then again, they were confident enough to put Nemesis against one of the LOTR films, and how did that work out...?

Very good point...the main thing is that they schedule the movie away from any other blockbuster-types, especially those that will appeal to the genre.

Also, they need to buil hype form different areas...Jay Leno seems to be a Trekker (he has plenty of TOS jokes), so they should definitely use him to build interest in the movie.