The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Bajoran Solar Sail craft, Put them in more when remastered. (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=38782)

DumbDumb2007 November 26 2007 06:29 PM

Bajoran Solar Sail craft, Put them in more when remastered.

The Bajoran Solar Sail ships. They were pretty cool. When the show gets remastered completly they should get put into more episodes.

Kegek November 26 2007 06:30 PM

Re: Bajoran solar sail craft, Put thenm in more when remastered

I can't see where. Why would anyone fly around with them in normal conditions? "Explorers" and "Accession" are the only times use of the ship makes any sense.

Nice design, though.

OmarB November 27 2007 07:47 PM

Re: Bajoran solar sail craft, Put thenm in more when remaste

I think that it's one of the most elegant ships ever in the ST universe. That episode when Sisco and his son rebuilds one is one of my favorites. Sure I can see them working them into remastered episodes in the background. They are old technology, not great for long distances, cheap. I can imagine poorer Bajorans using them as their main transportation between Bajor and the station or other small hops. Just like all over the world small boats are a huge part of some countries transport infrastructure.

Jono November 28 2007 04:10 AM

I think the two times these ships showed up was enough. Inserted them randomly through the series I don't think is worth the time or the money.

HRHTheKING November 28 2007 07:20 AM

It's unlikely that 24th century Bajorans were still flying around in lightships.

watermelony2k November 28 2007 08:54 AM

maybe some sail around in them for fun?

Akiraprise November 28 2007 09:21 AM

I think it's unlikely DS9, or for that matter VOY, will ever see any remastering. TNG stands a chance.

That said bring on the lightships. :thumbsup:
They were cool.

HRHTheKING November 28 2007 09:31 AM

If DS9 was remastered, then perhaps some of the stock footage reused in the battles could be replaced.

Although aside from that, there's nothing in DS9 that needs altering.

Delta1 November 28 2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

watermelony2k said:
maybe some sail around in them for fun?

I doubt much recreational sailing is allowed near DS9 or the wormhole. There could be tens of thousands of sailing afficionados in the Bajoran system, but unless they got within a few hundred meters of DS9 or a hero ship, we'd never see them.

AviTrek November 28 2007 03:15 PM

Also, the Siskos had never seen a solar ship before Captain Sisko built it. Jake didn't even believe it would fly. How can you reconcile that opinion with solar ships flying around Bajoran space all the time.

AdmiralGarak November 28 2007 05:36 PM

^ I believe most of the concern was over the particular design Sisko used. An ancient design made with wood and all of that jazz. I could accept that the Bajorans might have solar-sailed craft that were made with sturdier modern materials.

That said, I don't really want their to be a solar system full of them. It would make the two we saw less special.