The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=30849)

Caprica_Six September 1 2005 04:19 PM

Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Ok here's the deal, I want a one stop spoiler thread for the drugs we all know as BSG spoilers :drool: So don't bother with the code here, but don't change the thread title to give away spoilers.

So for those who want to know more then they should, who want to speculate or want to add some spoiler news post here.

I have a spoiler for you ;)

Laura Roslin and her fate

Quote:

Tonight on Shunomac's Subject2Discussion show at lvrocks, a major spoiler was revealed concerning Laura Roslin's fate on the new Battlestar Galactica series.

In Episode 212, airing right after 211 where Cain's fate is sealed, President Roslin is close to the point of death from her cancer. But Dr. Gaius Baltar saves the day by taking stem cells from Boomer-Caprica's unborn child, thus saving Roslin.

So the next inquiry is if Laura is indeed given a clean bill of health, who is the dying leader that will lead the Galacticans to Earth? Is it perhaps Commander Adama or maybe some other character?

In any case, this one episode will be generating a flurry of activity on the Galactica boards for months to come. Remember that you read it here first on Flight Deck. And keep watching Battlestar Galactica for more twists and turns to come this second season.

Link:
http://galacticastation.com/

If that ain't a spoiler I don't know what is :lol:

Stem cells people way to bring on the controversy Mr Moore.
Waits for the heads to roll :p

FluffyUnbound September 1 2005 04:30 PM

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Quote:

Posted by insert_name_here:
Ok here's the deal, I want a one stop spoiler thread for the drugs we all know as BSG spoilers :drool: So don't bother with the code here, but don't change the thread title to give away spoilers.

So for those who want to know more then they should, who want to speculate or want to add some spoiler news post here.

I have a spoiler for you ;)

Laura Roslin and her fate

Quote:

Tonight on Shunomac's Subject2Discussion show at lvrocks, a major spoiler was revealed concerning Laura Roslin's fate on the new Battlestar Galactica series.

In Episode 212, airing right after 211 where Cain's fate is sealed, President Roslin is close to the point of death from her cancer. But Dr. Gaius Baltar saves the day by taking stem cells from Boomer-Caprica's unborn child, thus saving Roslin.

So the next inquiry is if Laura is indeed given a clean bill of health, who is the dying leader that will lead the Galacticans to Earth? Is it perhaps Commander Adama or maybe some other character?

In any case, this one episode will be generating a flurry of activity on the Galactica boards for months to come. Remember that you read it here first on Flight Deck. And keep watching Battlestar Galactica for more twists and turns to come this second season.

Link:
http://galacticastation.com/

If that ain't a spoiler I don't know what is :lol:

Stem cells people way to bring on the controversy Mr Moore.
Waits for the heads to roll :p

Lamest. Spoiler. Ever.

Some of the storylines being spoiled for post-Pegasus sound really, really, really weak.

I'm torn right now whether "stem cells" is the worst, or whether "Lee's son" is the worst. That's pretty tough competition.

"Stem cells" may be the worst, because it's both TOO topical [there is a line between metaphor to modern political situations, and pure hamhanded hackery. "Flesh and Bone" is on the right side of that line. Without even seeing the episode I can tell you that "Stem Cells" is on the wrong side of that line] and because it sounds very, very technobabbly - Caprican medical science couldn't cure cancer, but Baltar can whip something up in ten minutes in a lab the size of a walk-in closet, just because he gets magical "stem cells"? Dumb. Dumbie dumb dumb.

watermelony2k September 1 2005 04:36 PM

No where does this say that it cures her.. Maybe just keeps her from dying at the moment?

P.S. Does this mean her spine will glow red now?

Agent Richard07 September 1 2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by watermelony2k:
No where does this say that it cures her.. Maybe just keeps her from dying at the moment?

A move like that would prevent the show from becoming too "sharky-jumpy". It could also open up other story ideas involving the consequences of her having been cured with Cylon base cells.

Lucky Red September 1 2005 04:57 PM

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Cool, a spoiler-kit. :drool:

Trubinator September 1 2005 05:01 PM

I'm not too pleased about the cure for Roslin's cancer. Not only does it mean that the writers took the cheap route in referencing stem cells, but they're now backtracking on Roslin being the dying leader.

Caprica_Six September 1 2005 05:10 PM

Quote:

Posted by Trubinator:
I'm not too pleased about the cure for Roslin's cancer. Not only does it mean that the writers took the cheap route in referencing stem cells, but they're now backtracking on Roslin being the dying leader.

It's actually quite clever way of keeping Mary on the show while opening up new storylines of how we are going to view the cylons. As I've said before this could just be a temporary thing, until they get closer to earth and the cancer resurfaces.

Trubinator September 1 2005 05:12 PM

It's still a Trek solution. Baltar magically invents a cure or puts her cancer in remission when we've been told throughout the series that she will die. If you disagree with this, at least concede that using stem cells to cure the president is a bit preachy political in a shameless and uncreative way.

Bock September 1 2005 05:18 PM

It's not the use of the stem cells that bothers me. It's the abortion that usually precedes the harvesting of stem cells. If there's a way around killing the unborn, I don't have a problem.

Caprica_Six September 1 2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Trubinator:
It's still a Trek solution. Baltar magically invents a cure or puts her cancer in remission when we've been told throughout the series that she will die. If you disagree with this, at least concede that using stem cells to cure the president is a bit preachy political in a shameless and uncreative way.

Well considering I haven't seen the episode yet I can't make that judgement call. I trust the writing on BSG though. She won't be magically cured anyway, in the script she is still in a wheelchair at the end of the episode.

T'Pers0n September 1 2005 05:36 PM

If this leads to the death of Sharon's baby and a never-ending remission for Roslin's cancer, I'm out. That just seems like a cheap and tasteless out for 2 pending issues played up through the first season. But hopefully whatever reaches the screen won't be so simple.

Q2UnME September 1 2005 05:45 PM

Well, if there ever was a thread title that would cause me to stop dead in my tracks, this one was it. I'm such a spoiler whore....

Insert_name_here was there anything in the original spoiler source to indicate what the disposition was of Sharron's cylon/human baby? Did Baltar do his "magic" without affecting the pregnancy? Inquiring Spoiler hound minds want to know...

Q2

Swarles Barkley September 1 2005 06:09 PM

Oh SJ...you're a bad girl. How am I ever going to resist the lure of this thread? It's going to just sit there, like some ever-brightening beacon...pulling me in..."Go into the lightttt...all are welcome!"

:eek:

frankncc72405a September 1 2005 06:12 PM

<Yoda Mode>Unfortunate this is and unexpected.<end mode>
:eek: :eek: :eek:
It is a sad development and more than likely true considering the source (lvrocks). They have brought us huge true spoilers before (Admiral Cain (Michelle Forbes) is the most recent). :( :( :(

Dorian Thompson September 1 2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

I'm torn right now whether "stem cells" is the worst, or whether "Lee's son" is the worst

It's a little girl, and it's not his child. Why is everyone saying it's his kid. It's not. He's having major regrets over an incident in his life. And he kills someone.

People can't see the potential for great storyline if Roslin is cured, or put into temporary remission, by stem cells from a half-cylon child? God almighty, I sure can.