The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   HEADS UP!! The Light Fantastic might be on sale already! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=247009)

Mage June 13 2014 10:04 PM

HEADS UP!! The Light Fantastic might be on sale already!

So, here I am, browsing my usual online retailer of Star Trek novels, when I spot The Light Fantastic is available. And not even for pre-order or stuff, no, actually available.

Meaning, other retailers might also selling this already.

Good news for Data fans! :D

Sto-Vo-Kory June 13 2014 11:59 PM

Re: HEADS UP!! The Light Fantastic might be on sale already!

Quote:

Mage wrote: (Post 9700507)
So, here I am, browsing my usual online retailer of Star Trek novels, when I spot The Light Fantastic is available. And not even for pre-order or stuff, no, actually available.

Meaning, other retailers might also selling this already.

Good news for Data fans! :D

I'm so ready for this book. Lang is a great writer.

JD June 14 2014 12:27 AM

That is the one disadvantage of E-books, you're pretty much stuff waiting for the official release date.

Therin of Andor June 14 2014 03:40 AM

Quote:

Mage wrote: (Post 9700507)
So, here I am, browsing my usual online retailer of Star Trek novels, when I spot The Light Fantastic is available.

The author received his box of complimentary copies the other day! Pic on his Facebook page!

2of1million June 14 2014 06:33 AM

Wish I was so lucky to get it now. I want this book!!!!!!!

The Wormhole June 14 2014 06:58 PM

My copy is actually in the mail. I pre-ordered the book on Thursday and got shipping confirmation on Friday.

Ronald Held June 14 2014 08:22 PM

Awaiting my download. I suppose it would not be of any harm to look in my B&N later in the week....

borgboy June 14 2014 08:37 PM

My copy hasn't shipped from Amazon yet, but since I took the free shipping option, that usually delays the shipping by a couple of days.
It's an odd thing. I have a Kindle, but since I already have such a large collection of Trek print books, I compulsively still need to get new Trek books in print. I am getting the ebook exclusives in kindle format though, so I'm not opposed to Trek ebooks.

Jeffrey_Lang June 15 2014 01:42 AM

Neat. Continue to report sightings, please.

James Swallow June 15 2014 11:17 AM

Saw this on sale in London's branch of Forbidden Planet yesterday...

2of1million June 15 2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

borgboy wrote: (Post 9704074)
My copy hasn't shipped from Amazon yet, but since I took the free shipping option, that usually delays the shipping by a couple of days.
It's an odd thing. I have a Kindle, but since I already have such a large collection of Trek print books, I compulsively still need to get new Trek books in print. I am getting the ebook exclusives in kindle format though, so I'm not opposed to Trek ebooks.

I always buy the ebook, unless the local stores have it in early. (Which rarely happens.)

borgboy June 15 2014 08:17 PM

Most of the time I can get the print versions cheaper than the ebooks, which is ridiculous, but true.

BillJ June 16 2014 05:40 AM

Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 9701047)
That is the one disadvantage of E-books, you're pretty much stuff waiting for the official release date.

The flip side being you don't have to waste time going to the book store, hunting for the book or waiting on the mail. You know exactly when it'll be available and have it in minutes.

I'm finding that I love the latter.

JD June 16 2014 06:57 AM

Oh yeah, it's really nice for me. I don't drive, so when I used to buy paper books I used to rely on my mom for a ride, and she would get frustrated when I kept wanting to go back and look for books. Luckily now I can get whatever books I want without even getting off the couch. I love modern technology.

CaptainDonovin June 16 2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 9709930)
Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 9701047)

The flip side being you don't have to waste time going to the book store, hunting for the book or waiting on the mail. You know exactly when it'll be available and have it in minutes.

I'm finding that I love the latter.

I love that I no longer have to find a place on the book shelf for the next trk novel, saves space.