The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Future of Trek (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Star Trek TNG Reboot coming? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=245671)

LtChange May 26 2014 09:35 PM

Star Trek TNG Reboot coming?

Quote:

Star Trek

All the salt for this completely unsubstantiated rumor: A new Star Trek TV series will begin after the next movie finishes production. And they might be thinking of at least partially rebooting The Next Generation in the new universe, if the rumor that they're looking to cast a young Deanna Troi is any indication
http://io9.com/drew-goddard-leaves-d...ium=socialflow

Maybe this is true and they will introduce (as a time traveler?) Deanna already in Star Trek 2016?

urbandefault May 26 2014 09:39 PM

Re: Star Trek TNG Reboot coming?

I hope not.

BigJake May 26 2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

LtChange wrote: (Post 9626467)
Maybe this is true and they will introduce (as a time traveler?) Deanna already in Star Trek 2016?

The source of the rumor is Marina Sirtis. I suspect this is rather like how Michael Dorn keeps talking about the "Captain Worf" show that'll be happening any day now.

ChristopherPike May 26 2014 10:40 PM

One generation living vicariously through the Next. No, thanks. I hope the kids eventually have their own version of Star Trek. Something that doesn't already exist.

King Daniel Into Darkness May 26 2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

LtChange wrote: (Post 9626467)
Quote:

Star Trek

All the salt for this completely unsubstantiated rumor: A new Star Trek TV series will begin after the next movie finishes production. And they might be thinking of at least partially rebooting The Next Generation in the new universe, if the rumor that they're looking to cast a young Deanna Troi is any indication
http://io9.com/drew-goddard-leaves-d...ium=socialflow

I almost want Troi in the next movie in the TOS era, because I don't think we've ever actually been told her age and suddenly making her 100+ at the time of TNG would generate some entertaining fan meltdowns.

BigJake May 26 2014 11:17 PM

Any woman who could like like late Eighties-early Nineties Marina Sirtis at the age of 100 would immediately become a million times more badass.

King Daniel Into Darkness May 26 2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

BigJake wrote: (Post 9626824)
Any woman who could like like late Eighties-early Nineties Marina Sirtis at the age of 100 would immediately become a million times more badass.

:lol:
But... but... the long-held fan assumptions!

BigJake May 26 2014 11:27 PM

Heh. :)

Bry_Sinclair May 27 2014 06:35 AM

Oh dear gods I hope not!

Quote:

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: (Post 9626812)
I almost want Troi in the next movie in the TOS era, because I don't think we've ever actually been told her age and suddenly making her 100+ at the time of TNG would generate some entertaining fan meltdowns.

Deanna Troi was born on March 29, 2336 (according to Memory Alpha, so it was established from one canon source). Then again this would be NuTrek so that'd go out the airlock--they'd probably make her three-breasted as well :rolleyes:

BigJake May 27 2014 06:43 AM

^ Nah, they'd save that for Wesley. ;)

Melakon May 27 2014 08:44 AM

If they want a three-breasted girl they should just go with the original, Lycia Naff from Verhoeven's Total Recall.

King Daniel Into Darkness May 27 2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Bry_Sinclair wrote: (Post 9627985)
Oh dear gods I hope not!

Quote:

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: (Post 9626812)

Deanna Troi was born on March 29, 2336 (according to Memory Alpha, so it was established from one canon source).

Memory Alpha includes things like illegible graphics and things in the scripts but cut from episodes as canon, so it's entirely possible her age has not actually been established.
Quote:

they'd probably make her three-breasted as well
True to Roddenberry's original concept;)

Enterprise is Great May 27 2014 05:10 PM

Roddenberry sure was rather freaky.

BillJ May 27 2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Bry_Sinclair wrote: (Post 9627985)
Deanna Troi was born on March 29, 2336 (according to Memory Alpha, so it was established from one canon source). Then again this would be NuTrek so that'd go out the airlock--they'd probably make her three-breasted as well :rolleyes:

Seems odd to me that a fully-licensed, multi-species, practicing therapist would only be 28 years old. Which would be Troi's age in "Encounter at Farpoint" if you use the 2336 date.

Troi was originally suppose to have three-breasts. So what's the problem?

Lord Garth May 27 2014 05:47 PM

I hate to reign in on the fun but "Dark Page" (TNG Season 7) shows that Troi had an older sister who died as a young girl that Troi didn't know about. At the time, Troi's father was wearing an early-24th Century style uniform (TWOK uniform with undershirt but no collar).

Sorry. I know it's not as fun as saying "There's nothing to say that she wasn't 100!" but there we are.

Everything's up in the air for the new universe but in the old one, no dice. :p