The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Any Trek actors on this board? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=245623)

evangelist6589 May 26 2014 04:08 AM

Any Trek actors on this board?

Do we have any Trek actors on this board? Perhaps they may not want to reveal their identity or perhaps not.

T'Girl May 26 2014 05:47 PM

Re: Any Trek actors on this board?

Chase Masterson graced us with her presence a few years back, but she has since moved on.

:)

erastus25 May 26 2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

T'Girl wrote: (Post 9625783)
Chase Masterson graced us with her presence a few years back, but she has since moved on.

lol. that's a nice way of putting it...

King Daniel Into Darkness May 27 2014 11:03 AM

Didn't William Shatner ('s PR person) post once upon a long ago to hype something or other?

I would laugh my ass off if it turned out we were arguing these characters with the people who played them. Several production staff have posted here in the the past, although to the best of my knowledge, none involved with TOS - Rick Sternbach, Andrew Probert, Mike Okuda (who worked on TOS-R, so he kinda counts), Mike Sussman and several of the Trek novel writers (Greg Cox, Christopher Bennett, David Mack, David McIntee, Kirsten Beyer, David R. George III and others in the Trek Lit forum) either post or have done so in the past.

1001001 May 27 2014 04:09 PM

Moving to General Trek, as this does not seem TOS specific.

Frontier May 27 2014 04:15 PM

I doubt if any where here that they'd fess up. ;)

Ro_Laren May 27 2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

erastus25 wrote: (Post 9626725)
Quote:

How did you know it was really her? What happened?

1001001 May 27 2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Ro_Laren wrote: (Post 9628996)
Quote:

erastus25 wrote: (Post 9626725)
Quote:

How did you know it was really her? What happened?

It was definitely her.

A certain Mod who shall not be named banned her thinking she was an imposter. It became clear that she was not.

Then when she returned, let's just say some posters were not very tactful.

T'Girl May 27 2014 06:13 PM

Her experience here might be one of the reasons Trek actors avoid this website like the plague. If you think about it, this would be a good place for them to plug their various projects. If the Trek authors can hawk their wares, why not the actors?

Alrik May 27 2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: (Post 9628282)
Didn't William Shatner ('s PR person) post once upon a long ago to hype something or other?

I remember something about that. IIIRC he or his promoter made a couple of posts then was gone. I think the thread lasted for a while though.

Delta Vega May 28 2014 01:17 AM

Yeah, I have played a plastic rock on several occasions.

MacLeod May 28 2014 05:01 PM

As others have siad there have been a few in the past. As for today there are some writers and sometimes the likes of Rick Sternbach post. But you never know perhaps there are one or two that post anonymously. In some respects that could be a better way of interacting.

Timewalker May 28 2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: (Post 9628282)

I would laugh my ass off if it turned out we were arguing these characters with the people who played them. Several production staff have posted here in the the past, although to the best of my knowledge, none involved with TOS - Rick Sternbach, Andrew Probert, Mike Okuda (who worked on TOS-R, so he kinda counts), Mike Sussman and several of the Trek novel writers (Greg Cox, Christopher Bennett, David Mack, David McIntee, Kirsten Beyer, David R. George III and others in the Trek Lit forum) either post or have done so in the past.

Alan Dean Foster posted once or twice - under another name, but it was obviously him.

Drone May 28 2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

T'Girl wrote: (Post 9629206)
Her experience here might be one of the reasons Trek actors avoid this website like the plague. If you think about it, this would be a good place for them to plug their various projects. If the Trek authors can hawk their wares, why not the actors?

I read through a good bit of that unpleasantness. It makes me wonder that if talent might be reticent about joining the fray here, they would likely not even give a nanosecond's thought of doing so at other forums that lack any modicum of civility. I'm thinking of a well known, if latterly degraded one where Kes bashing long seemed universal and particularly vile.... as Lynx can well attest. :(

MacLeod May 28 2014 11:28 PM

Unfortunantly there is nearly always one or two people that spoil it for everyone else.