The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=238912)

Nebusj February 25 2014 05:32 AM

Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Well, I got to play the new Star Trek pinball, and it's a really fun one. It's got a beautiful play field, making good use of the color-changing LEDs that made The Wizard of Oz pinball so eye-catching; the different modes are a lot of fun, particularly because one of the multi ball modes yells out ``Klingon Jackpot'' if you get it; and the play field has nice toy models of the Enterprise and the Vengeance.

And as a result of it I only just now realized why the starship in Into Darkness was named Vengeance, so, yes, that's how slow on the uptake I am. Please enjoy laughing at me.

HIjol February 25 2014 10:27 AM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
...OK, this is not "Star Trek" related, but I bet I gotcha beat...I spent two years of my life sure the Rolling Stones were singing "Don Shula", not "Brown Shuggah"...it was during the two year Miami Dolphin domination of the NFL...

...betcha feel LOADS better now...

Nebusj February 26 2014 05:53 AM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Quote:

HIjol wrote: (Post 9289885)
...betcha feel LOADS better now...

Ha ha! Yes, I do, and thank you for it.

HIjol February 26 2014 01:11 PM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Happy to oblige...I still laugh at that every time I hear that song...and SO glad to hear it is not just a techno-fossil like me that still plays pinball...

bbailey861 February 26 2014 06:41 PM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Quote:

Nebusj wrote: (Post 9289357)
Well, I got to play the new Star Trek pinball, and it's a really fun one. It's got a beautiful play field, making good use of the color-changing LEDs that made The Wizard of Oz pinball so eye-catching; the different modes are a lot of fun, particularly because one of the multi ball modes yells out ``Klingon Jackpot'' if you get it; and the play field has nice toy models of the Enterprise and the Vengeance.

And as a result of it I only just now realized why the starship in Into Darkness was named Vengeance, so, yes, that's how slow on the uptake I am. Please enjoy laughing at me.

Hell, I'm not laughing. I wanna play, too.

Shaka Zulu February 27 2014 07:59 AM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Quote:

Nebusj wrote: (Post 9289357)
Well, I got to play the new Star Trek pinball, and it's a really fun one. It's got a beautiful play field, making good use of the color-changing LEDs that made The Wizard of Oz pinball so eye-catching; the different modes are a lot of fun, particularly because one of the multi ball modes yells out ``Klingon Jackpot'' if you get it; and the play field has nice toy models of the Enterprise and the Vengeance.

And as a result of it I only just now realized why the starship in Into Darkness was named Vengeance, so, yes, that's how slow on the uptake I am. Please enjoy laughing at me.

Where did you play the pinball game at?

Nebusj February 28 2014 12:38 AM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Quote:

Shaka Zulu wrote: (Post 9298531)
Where did you play the pinball game at?

Oh, that was at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, an arcade of a kind --- it's also got a lot of automata and mechanical gizmos, plus (apparently) P T Barnum's fake Cardiff Giant --- in Farmington Hills, Michigan (a suburb of Detroit).

The Keeper February 28 2014 03:01 AM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Me likey. :)



http://screencrush.com/star-trek-pin...s-his-support/

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/st...k-premium.aspx

Shaka Zulu February 28 2014 07:59 PM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Quote:

Nebusj wrote: (Post 9301663)
Quote:

Shaka Zulu wrote: (Post 9298531)
Where did you play the pinball game at?

Oh, that was at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, an arcade of a kind --- it's also got a lot of automata and mechanical gizmos, plus (apparently) P T Barnum's fake Cardiff Giant --- in Farmington Hills, Michigan (a suburb of Detroit).

You Michiganders are so lucky to have this place-here in Toronto, all of our arcades are completely gone (except for some in the nearby but separate cities of Richmond Hill and Mississauga) and I'd have to go to the arcade in Mississauga to play this game, or hope that it comes to the local multiplex that has an amusement section.

trekker670 February 28 2014 10:05 PM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
As a Michigander, while I was aware of Pinball Pete's, I had never heard of this place. I have a new place to visit one weekend!

Nebusj March 1 2014 06:10 AM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Quote:

trekker670 wrote: (Post 9304978)
As a Michigander, while I was aware of Pinball Pete's, I had never heard of this place. I have a new place to visit one weekend!

Ooh. Ann Arbor or East Lansing Pinball Pete's?

trekker670 March 3 2014 09:56 PM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Ann Arbor. Wolverine here!

Nebusj March 3 2014 11:18 PM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Aw, man, sorry about the flooding then.

Pinball Pete's provides the machines for the Lansing pinball league, and that's a pretty fun, low-key hangout.

CorporalClegg March 4 2014 09:56 AM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
Um. What's pinball?

J. Allen March 4 2014 11:46 AM

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am
 
There's a game you can download on Steam called "Pinball Arcade" by Williams, and in Season One of their machines, is Star Trek: The Next Generation. It is so much fun, as these machines emulate the real pinball machines from look to sound, and everything. I mean, it took me WAAAAAAAY back. You have to check it out. It's not the real thing, sure, but for those of us who are nowhere near any arcade, it's so awesome.

Here's their site: http://www.pinballarcade.com/


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.