The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Art (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C - CLOSED - DO NOT RESTART TOPIC (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=237784)

Patrickivan February 11 2014 03:29 PM

Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C - CLOSED - DO NOT RESTART TOPIC
 
It's nice to see this created for Probert. I dig it so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgYA3krHlCI

From Star Trek Futures (whatever that is- I'm looking it up right now)

Oh- looked it up. Meh.

I love the ship though!

Albertese February 11 2014 04:28 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Yes! That is the best take on that design I've seen yet!

--Alex

Ensign Ro- February 11 2014 05:12 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Tobias Richter modeled that out based directly on Probert's design and did a wonderful job.

Robert Comsol February 11 2014 08:13 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
I do not like this You Tube Video! :thumbdown:

...

It is way too fracking short! :rofl:


Seriously, you may believe what you want, but last week I finished the first draft for a long treatise (those that know my threads know how long these can get :rolleyes:) to approach the issue from a completely new angle by dispensing the "Ambassador Class" issue and focus entirely on the Enterprise-C (to show that we actually have no evidence to be certain that the Enterprise-C did not look like this starship in the YouTube video or on the conference lounge wall of the Enterprise-D in the reality of "our" TNG universe) - here is the link to the corresponding BBS thread: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=237559

Talking about this with some other fans in private E-Mail correspondence this weekend, suddenly this YouTube video popped up, almost as if it had come out of nowhere (or a different future) and it's not "just" Tobias Richter's original USS Ambassador CGI recreation - but Andrew Probert's Enterprise NCC-1701-C! :eek:

Since I really have absolutely nothing to do with this YouTube video, you can go ahead and calculate the chances for such a coincidence.

Apparently the "cosmic consciousness is not without a sense of humor" (Sir Arthur C. Clarke) ;)
"... and purpose" I should like to add.

Bob

P.S. Here's my message in a bottle to these fine artists who made that video possible: More, please! :techman::bolian::techman::bolian::techman:

(or my lawyer is going to sue you for the epilepsy attack I'm getting for watching an endless loop of the video :klingon:)

sojourner February 12 2014 04:32 AM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Tobias modeled this 3 years ago. You can find the entire build thread here:
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/s...dor&highlight=

No cosmic coincidences needed to further anyone's delusions.

Patrickivan February 12 2014 01:43 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Quote:

Robert Comsol wrote: (Post 9235450)
I do not like this You Tube Video! :thumbdown:

...

It is way too fracking short! :rofl:


Seriously, you may believe what you want, but last week I finished the first draft for a long treatise (those that know my threads know how long these can get :rolleyes:) to approach the issue from a completely new angle by dispensing the "Ambassador Class" issue and focus entirely on the Enterprise-C (to show that we actually have no evidence to be certain that the Enterprise-C did not look like this starship in the YouTube video or on the conference lounge wall of the Enterprise-D in the reality of "our" TNG universe) - here is the link to the corresponding BBS thread: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=237559

Talking about this with some other fans in private E-Mail correspondence this weekend, suddenly this YouTube video popped up, almost as if it had come out of nowhere (or a different future) and it's not "just" Tobias Richter's original USS Ambassador CGI recreation - but Andrew Probert's Enterprise NCC-1701-C! :eek:

Since I really have absolutely nothing to do with this YouTube video, you can go ahead and calculate the chances for such a coincidence.

Apparently the "cosmic consciousness is not without a sense of humor" (Sir Arthur C. Clarke) ;)
"... and purpose" I should like to add.

Bob

P.S. Here's my message in a bottle to these fine artists who made that video possible: More, please! :techman::bolian::techman::bolian::techman:

(or my lawyer is going to sue you for the epilepsy attack I'm getting for watching an endless loop of the video :klingon:)

Agreed. I wish they posted more, but I imagine they will if their fan film gets going.

Quote:

sojourner wrote: (Post 9237577)
Tobias modeled this 3 years ago. You can find the entire build thread here:
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/s...dor&highlight=

No cosmic coincidences needed to further anyone's delusions.

No way?!

Let's stop looking at it now. This is three years old! ;)

SPCTRE February 12 2014 02:02 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...57911745_n.jpg

Robert Comsol February 12 2014 07:34 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Quote:

sojourner wrote: (Post 9237577)
No cosmic coincidences needed to further anyone's delusions.

Charming! :rolleyes: Fact is that I finished the draft for my treatise (including Parts II and III I haven't published yet) on February 6th.

The uploading date of the YouTube clip, the one I saw when I first looked at it, was on February 6th.

Since the last previous "public" activity was the publication of Tobias Richter's CGI Images in late 2011, chances that two different and totally unrelated people do something on behalf of Andrew Probert's Enterprise-C the same month and day are rather low, I'd say.

Bob

Kirby February 12 2014 07:55 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
That is a gorgeous ship, I always liked the one in Yesterday's Enterprise better, but not anymore. I'd love to see Y.E. remastered to include it.

sojourner February 12 2014 08:03 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
And yet, still not a sign of the divine. Your "treatise" is a case study for wishful thinking and rationalization beyond the breaking point. It's a beautiful example of "shoehorning" to no useful end as it won't have any change on canon.

Albertese February 13 2014 06:11 AM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Quote:

Kirby wrote: (Post 9239356)
That is a gorgeous ship, I always liked the one in Yesterday's Enterprise better, but not anymore. I'd love to see Y.E. remastered to include it.

I agree!

--Alex

Maurice February 13 2014 11:15 AM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Coincidence? I think...so. ;)

Starship February 13 2014 02:26 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Quote:

Patrickivan wrote: (Post 9234628)
It's nice to see this created for Probert. I dig it so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgYA3krHlCI

From Star Trek Futures (whatever that is- I'm looking it up right now)

Oh- looked it up. Meh.

I love the ship though!

Itīs about this: http://www.startrekfutures.com ;)

Robert Comsol February 13 2014 05:52 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Quote:

sojourner wrote: (Post 9239377)
And yet, still not a sign of the divine. Your "treatise" is a case study for wishful thinking and rationalization beyond the breaking point. It's a beautiful example of "shoehorning" to no useful end as it won't have any change on canon.

I find it remarkable that you cast judgement before having read the parts that are yet to come, I clearly used Part I and Part II (posted that a few minutes ago) headings to get that across (and in case you had a preview of the draft I'd like to point out that I have changed structure and flow of the treatise to get the message better across).

In my discussions with Bernd Schneider he applied that "shoehorning" argument and used these K/S fan stories as an example for over-interpretation. While these K/S writers have no evidence for their claims, other than wishful thinking, I will present evidence. How to evaluate the evidence is another thing, suffice to say the treatise won't be without substance.

Bob

sojourner February 13 2014 09:29 PM

Re: Probert's REAL N.C.C.-1701-C
 
Taken to the other thread to stop the derail of this one.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.