The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=236395)

Shaka Zulu January 25 2014 08:54 AM

Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
Phil Collins: 'I've Just Started to Work With Adele'

The thing is, when I saw the documentary on the added DVD that came with Going Back, I thought that he said that he would stay retired and only write songs that only he himself would hear. Guess he got tired of retirement.

At any rate, it'll be good to hear Phil again.

Thoughts from anybody else? (Apologies if this news has been already posted.)

auntiehill January 25 2014 07:19 PM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
I think not being able to play drums anymore was a pretty devastating thing--not just the constant physical pain but emotionally, as well. But now he's re-discovered interest in other aspects of music-making; I think that's great.

Kirby January 25 2014 07:57 PM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
The dress code in the recording studio will be no jacket required... Sorry, that was incredibly lame.
Good to hear Phil is coming back, even though he can't play the drums, he can still write music, sing, produce... works for me.
I'd still love to see a full Genesis tour with Phil and Peter Gabriel sharing vocals, and just use a different drummer.

Random_Spock January 25 2014 08:29 PM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
@ Kirby: I saw him in person once, in concert and he was either drunk and/or stoned :(. And was bad mouthing his ex wife. Wanted my money back. Didn't listen to any of his music for around 2 years.

All water under the bridge now, and best of luck to both him and Adele :). Hope it works out music wise.

Shaka Zulu January 25 2014 09:18 PM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
Quote:

Kirby wrote: (Post 9167176)
I'd still love to see a full Genesis tour with Phil and Peter Gabriel sharing vocals, and just use a different drummer.

So would I, but I don't know if that would or could happen due to the way Phil is now; would he be able to stand up and sing, or would he need help?

Enterprise is Great January 25 2014 11:58 PM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
This is good news. I've been a fan of his for a long time.

Tosk January 26 2014 01:20 AM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
Quote:

Kirby wrote: (Post 9167176)
Good to hear Phil is coming back, even though he can't play the drums, he can still write music, sing, produce...

Nope, he can't sing.

Or dance. But he can walk.



Hey, it's no worse a joke than the jacket thing. ;)

Mr. Laser Beam January 26 2014 01:23 AM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
Quote:

Kirby wrote: (Post 9167176)
The dress code in the recording studio will be no jacket required... Sorry, that was incredibly lame.

There's a girl that's been on Phil's mind. All the time. In the su-su-studio.

(That was worse.)

And I had no idea that Phil can no longer play drums. :sigh: He was one of the best drummers I've ever heard.

ManOnTheWave January 26 2014 05:29 AM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
I am glad that he can keep working in some fashion despite his illness.

the G-man January 26 2014 06:25 AM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
The best description I ever heard of Phil Collins music was that he had a voice like a prehistoric bird

Shaka Zulu January 26 2014 03:25 PM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 9168253)
And I had no idea that Phil can no longer play drums. :sigh: He was one of the best drummers I've ever heard.

He needed operations just to play the drums on most of the songs of Going Back as it was.

Kirby January 26 2014 04:35 PM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
Quote:

Random_Spock wrote: (Post 9167302)
@ Kirby: I saw him in person once, in concert and he was either drunk and/or stoned :(. And was bad mouthing his ex wife. Wanted my money back. Didn't listen to any of his music for around 2 years.

That's a shame; I saw him in 84 or 85 on the No Jacket Required tour and it was a great show.

I don't know if it's true or a rumor, but did he really tell one of his ex-wives that were getting a divorce via a fax?

Locutus of Bored January 27 2014 03:43 AM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
Sorry to hear that he can't play the drums any more, but I think him and Adele will make a great musical pairing. I look forward to hearing their stuff.

Random_Spock January 27 2014 06:43 AM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
Quote:

Kirby wrote: (Post 9170041)
Quote:

Random_Spock wrote: (Post 9167302)
@ Kirby: I saw him in person once, in concert and he was either drunk and/or stoned :(. And was bad mouthing his ex wife. Wanted my money back. Didn't listen to any of his music for around 2 years.

That's a shame; I saw him in 84 or 85 on the No Jacket Required tour and it was a great show.

I don't know if it's true or a rumor, but did he really tell one of his ex-wives that were getting a divorce via a fax?

Yea it was. A friend of mine got me and my mom, along with herself some tickets as a birthday gift... was looking forward to it, tbh, was a huge fan of both Genesis and him. So it sucked to hear him act that way and the acoustics were just terrible :(.

Not sure. But I can say that he was pretty pissed off on stage. Said some pretty nasty stuff. I wanted to go and have my friend get the money back for our tickets.

Lucky :). I used to have a tape of that album. Got one of the songs on my ipod, along with some of his other music. Can listen to it now just fine.

Got any favorite songs?

Pingfah January 27 2014 05:34 PM

Re: Phil Collins to return to music and work with Adele
 
I have a soft spot for Phil.

I can't say I am a big fan, although he has lots of decent pop songs, just pop isn't my thing, but I respect anybody that can take a critical drubbing like he has done for his whole career and just thumb his nose and shift another 10 million records.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.