The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=236137)

Ro_Laren January 22 2014 03:05 AM

Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
I saw this hilarious compilation video of how Riker sits. Did you ever notice how funny he sits down? BTW, notice how he gets out of his chair at 0:17. How in the world did Frakes decide to start swinging his leg over his chair to sit down (or get up)?

Random_Spock January 22 2014 03:07 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
Good catch! Yea it is rather funny. XD

jimbotron January 22 2014 05:03 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
Haha, he got a little less flexible by the end.

Flux Capacitor January 22 2014 05:04 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
This was pretty much the most popular question at the San Francisco Convention. A lot of people (including myself) had to scramble to think of another question once someone asked Mr. Frakes about it. He has apparently seen that video. :)

Trekker4747 January 22 2014 05:08 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
I dunno, when the back of the chair is below crotch-level and you have the dexterity and height to do it, why not?

Ro_Laren January 22 2014 06:30 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
Quote:

Flux Capacitor wrote: (Post 9153001)
This was pretty much the most popular question at the San Francisco Convention. A lot of people (including myself) had to scramble to think of another question once someone asked Mr. Frakes about it. He has apparently seen that video. :)

What did he say about the video?

Flux Capacitor January 22 2014 08:09 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
I don't quite remember, I was too nervous about getting to talk to them. :lol:

2takesfrakes January 22 2014 01:01 PM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
Actors have to not only say things that are contrary to reality, but they have to behave in such a way, as well. Between this and the Riker lean, it gave him his own, signature style ... something unique to the character.

trekker670 January 22 2014 02:00 PM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
The first time this video started to go around (probably a year or so ago), someone asked him about it and he stated it was due to an old back injury that he had, which made it difficult for him to sit in a chair "normally"

Ar-Pharazon January 22 2014 10:50 PM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
Between that, putting his foot up next to Data's console, the way he cocks his head, the way he looks the opposite direction when he turns into a corridor, etc.

The man has a lot of odd mannerisms for sure.

jimbotron January 23 2014 01:29 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
Him putting his leg on Data's console and hunching is so he can stay in frame. He is pretty tall, after all.

Lance January 23 2014 01:33 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
Quote:

Ar-Pharazon wrote: (Post 9155533)
Between that, putting his foot up next to Data's console, the way he cocks his head, the way he looks the opposite direction when he turns into a corridor, etc.

The man has a lot of odd mannerisms for sure.

As it 2takesfrakes said up thread, it makes for a distinct character. We're always looking out for these familiar mannerisms. :)

Mr. Adventure January 23 2014 01:34 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
I like that even did one in a dismount.

Ro_Laren January 23 2014 02:11 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
Quote:

Ar-Pharazon wrote: (Post 9155533)
Between that, putting his foot up next to Data's console, the way he cocks his head, the way he looks the opposite direction when he turns into a corridor, etc.

The man has a lot of odd mannerisms for sure.

Hahaha :lol:

Trekker4747 January 23 2014 02:29 AM

Re: Did You Ever Notice Riker Doing This?
 
Quote:

jimbotron wrote: (Post 9156142)
Him putting his leg on Data's console and hunching is so he can stay in frame. He is pretty tall, after all.

Years ago we had a "meme" here on the board where we called Riker "Stinknuts" because of that. The idea being that Riker is so promiscuous from all of the alien tail he was getting that he had a smelly crotch but he was proud of it and liked to have everyone at crotch-smelling level to him.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.