The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   MLP:FiM S4E09 - "Pinkie Apple Pie" - Grading & Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=235240)

Rainbow Dash January 11 2014 12:06 AM

MLP:FiM S4E09 - "Pinkie Apple Pie" - Grading & Discussion

Episode Title: "Pinkie Apple Pie"
Air Date: Jan. 11th, 2014

Summary: "Pinkie makes an astonishing discovery that may link the Pie family to the Apple clan, and no one is more excited than Pinkie to hop on the Apple wagon to find the pony who will know for sure. Along the way they must learn to appreciate each other’s strengths and faults to find out what really makes a family."

Live Streams:
BronyState Theaters
Brony Network
Xyro HD Stream
Worlds of Equestria

REMEMBER: DO NOT POST SPOILERS UNTIL AFTER 1:00 PM EST (6 PM UTC/GMT)

=-

This one has had quite a bit of talk dedicated to it in the pony fandom. While I have no idea what will or will not happen, I am interested to see what turns up, and whether what few hunches I have are going to be true or not. So onward, to the episode! :D

Fearless January 11 2014 02:55 AM

Re: MLP:FiM S4E09 - "Pinkie Apple Pie" - Grading & Discussion

Sounds fun as this show should be. :)

Gep Malakai January 11 2014 06:21 AM

Finally, we can hear "Apples to the Core" in glorious high quality and not the bootleg Comic-Con preview. :D

Rainbow Dash January 11 2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

TayLaLaLa wrote: (Post 9109279)
Sounds fun as this show should be. :)

Indeed it should. Hello TayLaLaLa, I haven't seen you around here before! Forgive me if you have, I have a terrible memory. It's been that way all of my life.

I think. ;)

Quote:

Gep Malakai wrote: (Post 9109729)
Finally, we can hear "Apples to the Core" in glorious high quality and not the bootleg Comic-Con preview. :D

Ooh, a new song? Sweet!

Fearless January 11 2014 08:00 AM

I was Samaritan. :)

Rainbow Dash January 11 2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

TayLaLaLa wrote: (Post 9109948)
I was Samaritan. :)

*shock* Witchcraft!

Fearless January 11 2014 08:08 AM

T'Bonz changed my name a few days back...I was trying to get it changed in DEC but the holiday.

About MLP. I look at it through "kid eyes". I don't take it so serious as some in the fandom.

Gep Malakai January 11 2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

J. Allen wrote: (Post 9109939)
Ooh, a new song? Sweet!

I forget if you watched the Comic-Con preview, but if not – they previewed a song in it, and it was great.

If you did, well, we're finally getting that song this week.

Rainbow Dash January 11 2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

TayLaLaLa wrote: (Post 9109957)
T'Bonz changed my name a few days back...I was trying to get it changed in DEC but the holiday.

About MLP. I look at it through "kid eyes". I don't take it so serious as some in the fandom.

I'm the same way. When it comes to the show, I take it exactly as it is. Of course, when I write my stories, I up the content to a more mature level, where I like to tackle more social issues, but the show is really a chance for me to just be a kid again, and I love it.

Quote:

Gep Malakai wrote: (Post 9110005)
Quote:

J. Allen wrote: (Post 9109939)
Ooh, a new song? Sweet!

I forget if you watched the Comic-Con preview, but if not – they previewed a song in it, and it was great.

If you did, well, we're finally getting that song this week.

I try to keep myself unspoiled. It's tough considering that I frequently use the internet, but I generally stay 90% spoiler free. Also, I can't wait for the new song! :D

Count Zero January 11 2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

J. Allen wrote: (Post 9110053)
Quote:

TayLaLaLa wrote: (Post 9109957)

I'm the same way. When it comes to the show, I take it exactly as it is. Of course, when I write my stories, I up the content to a more mature level, where I like to tackle more social issues, but the show is really a chance for me to just be a kid again, and I love it.

I have a similar policy. I wouldn't say that I'm being a kid again when I watch the show but I, too, take it as it is and am not overly concerned with continuity (unless it would be something really jarring). I have a similar approach to Doctor Who regarding continuity (most of the time, anyway).

Chemahkuu January 11 2014 04:51 PM

That's one anti-social Eagle.

But the song was awesome and we're getting plenty of AJ/AB and Mac.

Still think it's going to turn out to be someone else on the parchement when they get back to Twilight.

And apparently Zubats exist in Equestria too.

Peach Wookiee January 11 2014 05:02 PM

Solid A from me!

Chemahkuu January 11 2014 05:04 PM

"A"

I know they didn't explicitly state it, but Apple Sauce was doing a lot of the same little mannerisms Pinkie was at the start of the episode, I think that's all the confirmation we need.

DarkHorizon January 11 2014 05:06 PM

That was fun! Good song, too.

Also: Peter New was Goldie. :rofl:

Peach Wookiee January 11 2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Chemahkuu wrote: (Post 9110623)
"A"

I know they didn't explicitly state it, but Apple Sauce was doing a lot of the same little mannerisms Pinkie was at the start of the episode, I think that's all the confirmation we need.

Her mane even looks like Pinkie's!