The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Future of Trek (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   new star trek show (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=234724)

Xzpezer January 5 2014 05:45 PM

new star trek show

Out of these opticians what new star trek show would you want.
Star fleet academy
Klingon's
mirror universe
25 century

USS Triumphant January 5 2014 05:50 PM

Re: new star trek show

I voted 25th century, but really I'd like any of them except the Academy idea (and I don't understand why anyone wants that, really) - but I'd probably watch it, too. :lol:

The real next option wasn't in your poll, though. If there is a new series, it will almost certainly be set on another ship in the same universe and time period as the current movies.

Xzpezer January 5 2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

USS Triumphant wrote: (Post 9087532)
I voted 25th century, but really I'd like any of them except the Academy idea (and I don't understand why anyone wants that, really) - but I'd probably watch it, too. :lol:

The real next option wasn't in your poll, though. If there is a new series, it will almost certainly be set on another ship in the same universe and time period as the current movies.

Do you think a mirror universe show would be good I would love it it would be a dark take on star trek.The mirror universe is so cool the uniforms look cool the ships look bad ass.I would like to see how the Terran empire got created.

mythme January 5 2014 06:02 PM

I really don't wanna be THAT guy, but I gotta say it - if you think Trek is about "cool ships" and being dark and bad ass, well you're REALLY missing the point

Hober Mallow January 5 2014 06:09 PM

Of those options I'd rather watch the Food Network.

King Daniel Into Darkness January 5 2014 06:13 PM

I think a Smallville inspired Trek prequel series (although probably more of a reboot itself, as SV was) with Kirk, Spock and others at the academy could be a lot of fun. I loved the academy scenes in ST'09.

Xzpezer January 5 2014 06:17 PM

A mirror universe show would be great maybe we could see the origins of the Terran empire.

Bry_Sinclair January 5 2014 10:14 PM

Of those options, I went with a Starfleet Academy series. Has the most potential for character growth and development, without relying on catsuits, big space battles, or hostile aliens every single week. Also it could give the chance for some cameos from TNG/DS9/VOY characters.

Out of the others: A Klingon series would be dull; Mirror Universe would mean that the focus would be on the baddies and the horrific things they would do to get ahead; and 25th century would run the risk of being very technobabbly.

Xzpezer January 5 2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Bry_Sinclair wrote: (Post 9088690)
Of those options, I went with a Starfleet Academy series. Has the most potential for character growth and development, without relying on catsuits, big space battles, or hostile aliens every single week. Also it could give the chance for some cameos from TNG/DS9/VOY characters.

Out of the others: A Klingon series would be dull; Mirror Universe would mean that the focus would be on the baddies and the horrific things they would do to get ahead; and 25th century would run the risk of being very technobabbly.

That is why i would like to see a star trek show based in the mirror universe it would be a dark take on star trek and we would see what humanity has become in this universe.

Harvey January 5 2014 10:32 PM

I'd watch an Academy series. I think the Pocket Book young adult novels from the '90s (both TOS and TNG) showed Starfleet Academy to be fertile ground for interesting sf stories without having Kirk (or whoever) save the world/universe every time, and the first Abrams movie had fun there, too.

(No, I haven't read those books since before I was a teenager; I'll stick to my nostalgic memories rather than revisit them, thank you. :p)

surak-toc January 5 2014 10:51 PM

for me i would say mirror universe Starfleet academy, that would be interesting

bbjeg January 5 2014 11:28 PM

Though I'd enjoy an Academy series, I'd rather see a 25th century series. I've discussed this in a couple threads but I'd focus a 25th century series on a fleet (an Admiral and several lead captains).

A Klingon movie, I'd watch, but a series would be too much. Also, a mirror universe episode is okay but a series would be overkill (figuratively and literally).

urbandefault January 5 2014 11:33 PM

Sorry, none of the above. But I really don't think there will be another TV series anyway, so the point is moot.

Pondwater January 6 2014 01:12 AM

25th Century.

dragunzng January 6 2014 02:45 AM

Would have to go for 25th Century. That said, I'm not optimistic that a new Trek show would be able to capture the odd balance between warm/fuzzy and tense drama that the show probably should have.