The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   If you were bitten by a zombie (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=234415)

EmoBorg January 2 2014 09:02 AM

If you were bitten by a zombie

Let say that you are a character who inhabits The Walking Dead universe . You are bitten by a walker during an encounter. The wound is unnoticeable under your clothes. What would you do ?

Phily B January 2 2014 09:12 AM

Re: If you were bitten by a zombie

Regenerate

EmoBorg January 2 2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Phily B wrote: (Post 9075535)
Regenerate

I don't think that you are a borg.

Sephiroth January 2 2014 09:51 AM

Take my weapon and walk into the nearest infected population center, against the walking dead's shamblers I could kill a hundred before being over ran

Blip January 2 2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

EmoBorg wrote: (Post 9075550)
Quote:

Phily B wrote: (Post 9075535)
Regenerate

I don't think that you are a borg.

Not Borg, Timelord! :cool:

Gaith January 2 2014 02:40 PM

How long do you have until you get turned? Haven't seen the show. I also assume hanky-panky is a no-no?

Sindatur January 2 2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 9075868)
How long do you have until you get turned? Haven't seen the show. I also assume hanky-panky is a no-no?

You don't turn until after you die.

Once you die, it could be rather quick in a few minutes, up to many hours before you re-animate.

No, Hanky Panky is fine, but, a complicated birth could become extremely complicated and dangerous without proper sterilized Medical facilities (Which would of course go for sexually transmitted or any other diseases/viruses as well)

Ancient Mariner January 2 2014 03:36 PM

What? No option for "Bite back"?

Gaith January 2 2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Sindatur wrote: (Post 9075907)
Quote:

But how long would that take? Are you saying the bite itself isn't poisonous/fatal? Because if it isn't, and everyone who dies turns anyway, not sure I see the point of the question...

NightJim January 2 2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Once you die, it could be rather quick in a few minutes, up to many hours before you re-animate.

No, Hanky Panky is fine, but, a complicated birth could become extremely complicated and dangerous without proper sterilized Medical facilities (Which would of course go for sexually transmitted or any other diseases/viruses as well)

While true, once bitten your time is incredibly limited. We're talking a few hours before you croak, then re-animation time on top of that.

Outside of the Walking Dead, in an game of All Flesh Must Be Eaten, my character was bitten. In game you have three stages to hold off changing. From that point on, I was first through every door, all care went out the window as I saw my job now was to get everyone else somewhere safe. Stage 2 set in (and knowing Stage 3 would be the death of me) I stepped outside and blew my brains out.

Lonemagpie January 2 2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

EmoBorg wrote: (Post 9075520)
Let say that you are a character who inhabits The Walking Dead universe . You are bitten by a walker during an encounter. The wound is unnoticeable under your clothes. What would you do ?

I'd assume "become a zombie" is the usual answer...

Sindatur January 2 2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 9076069)
Quote:

Quote:

But how long would that take? Are you saying the bite itself isn't poisonous/fatal? Because if it isn't, and everyone who dies turns anyway, not sure I see the point of the question...

You generally die fairly quickly, from a bite, but, it could be a whole day before you actually reanimate from death (IE: Turn).

EmoBorg January 2 2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 9076069)
Quote:

Quote:

In the Walking Dead Universe, Everyone turns once they die. That could take years or even decades if you live that long. But with a zombie bite, you have limited time. You only have a few hours before you die from the infected bite.

The poll is about about your immediate actions after you are bitten, knowing that you will die soon.

Pondwater January 2 2014 04:55 PM

Turn and be put down.

Lonemagpie January 2 2014 05:26 PM

I'd prefer an option for "keep quiet and infiltrate a rival group filled with people I don't like. Om nom nom."