The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=233330)

bryce December 18 2013 08:11 PM

Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)...
 
I just bought one of these, it was the 2nd to the last one in the store still in a box (and that one had a very noticable paint defect) but I didn't test it out until I got home, and I didn't play with the display model first (like I did before a few weeks ago.) And I wanna make sure mine still works, or if I need to find another Hallmark that *hopefully* might still have one...lol...(or try to trade it for the floor model!)

(I would just go back to the store - or another - but I have no car so it means a LONG bus ride to any Hallmark - after calling around to find one that might still have the ornament in stock - I would have bought it earlier, but I was in the hospital.)

Questions:

1. Is it supposed to make any noises. I though I remembered the floor model did - but I may have imagined it.

2. That strip on the bottom of the saucer section doesn't light up, does it? It's looks just like black paint, but I thought I remembered a light - but again, I am probaby imagining it.

3. Tiny defects in these are unavoidable, aren't they? I looked at mine up close when I got home last night, and the engineeringing section was glued down but there's a slight slant to on side...like it was press down to dry in proper place on one side, but the other it wasn't, and there is a *tiny* line where you can see that it wasn't glued in *quite* straight...but I figure I am obsessing over nothing, and even if I find another...it's will have some other flaw.

Plus, maybe this is a common flaw, and those of you who bought the ornaments may have noticed it too..so I wanted to ask.

Is this something that YOU would take it back over...? I mean, it's just a Christmas tree ornament - but then again, it's cost like $36!!!!

(I know I am obsessing a bit - I have OCD...so I do this...)

bryce December 18 2013 09:36 PM

Re: Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)...
 
No one?

Am I too obsessive? (Probably.)

Finn December 18 2013 11:40 PM

Re: Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)...
 
^only an hour and 25 min passed between your posts. Be patient :)

I've seen those but I don't recall any issues

Avro Arrow December 19 2013 06:52 AM

Re: Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)...
 
Quote:

bryce wrote: (Post 9028070)
I just bought one of these, it was the 2nd to the last one in the store still in a box (and that one had a very noticable paint defect) but I didn't test it out until I got home, and I didn't play with the display model first (like I did before a few weeks ago.) And I wanna make sure mine still works, or if I need to find another Hallmark that *hopefully* might still have one...lol...(or try to trade it for the floor model!)

(I would just go back to the store - or another - but I have no car so it means a LONG bus ride to any Hallmark - after calling around to find one that might still have the ornament in stock - I would have bought it earlier, but I was in the hospital.)

Questions:

1. Is it supposed to make any noises. I though I remembered the floor model did - but I may have imagined it.

The Kelvin ornament does not make any sounds.

Quote:

2. That strip on the bottom of the saucer section doesn't light up, does it? It's looks just like black paint, but I thought I remembered a light - but again, I am probaby imagining it.
I'll be honest, I haven't actually put the batteries in mine, because I don't normally bother with the light-up feature. But judging by this YouTube video, the strip you refer to does not light up.

Quote:

3. Tiny defects in these are unavoidable, aren't they?
Probably. :)

Quote:

I looked at mine up close when I got home last night, and the engineeringing section was glued down but there's a slight slant to on side...like it was press down to dry in proper place on one side, but the other it wasn't, and there is a *tiny* line where you can see that it wasn't glued in *quite* straight...but I figure I am obsessing over nothing, and even if I find another...it's will have some other flaw.

Plus, maybe this is a common flaw, and those of you who bought the ornaments may have noticed it too..so I wanted to ask.
I don't notice that particular flaw on mine. (But TBH if it was really small, I just might not be able to see it properly.)

Quote:

Is this something that YOU would take it back over...? I mean, it's just a Christmas tree ornament - but then again, it's cost like $36!!!!
Me? Probably not. But it's really up to you... it's your money, so you have to do what will make you happy. And although I probably wouldn't personally return the ornament for the flaw you described, I have exchanged other things in the past for minor issues that bugged me that other people probably would think were nothing! ;)

HTH

bbailey861 December 19 2013 02:39 PM

Re: Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)...
 
I won't know the answers to your questions until Dec 25th. I am fully expecting Santa to deposit the three new ornaments into my stocking.:bolian:

PicardSpeedo December 19 2013 02:50 PM

Re: Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)...
 
Keep a fire extinguisher handy. I had a Voyager ornament that caught fire on both warp nacelles at the same time (not joking).

Richard Baker December 19 2013 08:29 PM

Re: Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)...
 
Quote:

PicardSpeedo wrote: (Post 9030893)
Keep a fire extinguisher handy. I had a Voyager ornament that caught fire on both warp nacelles at the same time (not joking).

Mine has been working fine for years- I think your Voyager had a bad starboard power coupling...

Push The Button December 20 2013 04:58 AM

Re: Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)...
 
Quote:

PicardSpeedo wrote: (Post 9030893)
Keep a fire extinguisher handy. I had a Voyager ornament that caught fire on both warp nacelles at the same time (not joking).

Was it too close to your Borg Cube ornament?

PicardSpeedo December 20 2013 05:08 AM

Re: Hallmark 2013 Kelvin Christmas Ornament question(s)...
 
Quote:

Push The Button wrote: (Post 9033926)
Quote:

PicardSpeedo wrote: (Post 9030893)
Keep a fire extinguisher handy. I had a Voyager ornament that caught fire on both warp nacelles at the same time (not joking).

Was it too close to your Borg Cube ornament?

No, I think Deanna Troi was at the helm...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.