The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   The Best PS3 Exclusive Games? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=231985)

Mr Light November 29 2013 04:51 AM

The Best PS3 Exclusive Games?

Thanks to Black Friday I finally bought a Playstation 3 for only $199! It came with Batman Arkham Origins and The Last of Us.

I've been playing 360 games all these years so I was wondering what the best PS3-only games are.

My wish list already:
--Infamous 1 & 2: I absolutely love games that give you freedom of motion like Crackdown and Prototype
--Uncharted 1 & 2 & 3: heard lots of good for these, game of the year and all that
--Resistance 1 & 2 & 3: I know it's a big shooter... is it the PS3's Halo?
--God of War 3: I played some of 1 and didn't really like it but I heard amazing things about this game.

Kelthaz November 29 2013 05:06 AM

Re: The Best PS3 Exclusive Games?

If you just want a big list of games I recommend http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_3, but if you want more specific suggestions then let us know your tastes. What games do you like to play?

FPS?
Open-world?
Indie?
WRPG?
JRPG?
Platformer?

Rincewiend November 29 2013 11:51 AM

The Ratchett & Clank series...
Though skip al-4-one...

3D Dot Game Heroes if you like classic Zelda...

AgentDreidel November 29 2013 11:30 PM

The first Infamous was pretty fun, but I didn't feel compelled to play the second one. Uncharted rules. Buy it. I also agree about Ratchet & Clank. Hugely fun games.

It's an older game, but Metal Gear Solid 4 is amazing. You can probably get it pretty cheap, but the story might be a little hard to follow if you haven't played the other games in the series.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a really good RPG. Just make sure you get XIII-2, not XIII.

Mr Light November 30 2013 03:21 AM

I mainly play action/shooter and action/rpg.

I have no interest in the Metal Gear Solid games :)

FF isn't PS3 exclusive. I hated 13 :p

At Gamestop's Black Friday sale I bought Resistance, Infamous 2 (didn't have 1), Uncharted 1 & 2.

RoJoHen November 30 2013 03:45 AM

It came with "The Last of Us?" That's awesome! Absolutely fantastic game.

I love the first Infamous. It's one of my favorite games, and the second one is definitely playable (though I just wasn't big a fan of the story).

The Uncharted series is probably my favorite, with Uncharted 2 being the most fun game I've ever played.

Mr. Adventure November 30 2013 03:55 AM

Nice bundle! I'll second the recommendation of Uncharted 1/2 but I didn't care much for 3 and stopped part way in and haven't gone back yet.

Owain Taggart November 30 2013 05:45 AM

Yep, absolutely love the Uncharted games. Uncharted 2 even felt like a better Indiana Jones than Indy 4. I felt 3 was rather weak though, especially towards the end.

Rincewiend November 30 2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Mr Light wrote: (Post 8957026)
I mainly play action/shooter and action/rpg.

I have no interest in the Metal Gear Solid games :)

FF isn't PS3 exclusive. I hated 13 :p

At Gamestop's Black Friday sale I bought Resistance, Infamous 2 (didn't have 1), Uncharted 1 & 2.

The Resistance trilogy is a good series as well. nice alternative history going on...

Mr Light November 30 2013 01:07 PM

I'm going to hit up a different Gamestop today to look for Infamous 1, perhaps I'll look for Resistance 2-3 and God of War 3...

Mr. Adventure November 30 2013 01:39 PM

You mentioned that you tried God of War and didn't care for it but I just wanted to add you can get the first two games in a nice upgraded package. It's how I played through them the first time and it's a decent way to go if you had an inkling to try again.

GoW III is a nice step up in graphics but I don't think it's very different gameplay wise. If you didn't like the first I don't know if you'll ultimately care for it.

Reminds me I still have an unplayed GoW Ascension that I got too good of a deal to pass on, my gaming backlog would probably take a century to catch up to...

AlphaMan November 30 2013 02:53 PM

You've got a pretty good list so far. I'd add Heavy Rain as a must have too. I picked up Beyond: Two Souls yesterday, but I understand it has mixed reviews.

You absolutely must play Journey. It's a 2 hour experience that will strike you like no other piece of any media.

RoJoHen November 30 2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Owain Taggart wrote: (Post 8957335)
Yep, absolutely love the Uncharted games. Uncharted 2 even felt like a better Indiana Jones than Indy 4. I felt 3 was rather weak though, especially towards the end.

UC3 was gorgeous to look at, but the story and gameplay were kind of meh. It was fun enough, I guess, but it wasn't a worthy successor to UC2.

Owain Taggart November 30 2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

RoJoHen wrote: (Post 8959003)
Quote:

Owain Taggart wrote: (Post 8957335)

UC3 was gorgeous to look at, but the story and gameplay were kind of meh. It was fun enough, I guess, but it wasn't a worthy successor to UC2.

Yep, I agree. It was a fun and gorgeous game, but the story wasn't nearly as good. Uncharted 2 also felt like a much longer game by comparison, whereas Uncharted 3 felt like it ended rather abruptly. Not nearly as satisfying either. And that ending?? Pft. When one goes on a long journey, I expect more than a simple QTE to end it. One does not just QTE into Mordor! :lol:

In all seriousness, I know there were lots of people that hated the boss fight in 2, but I felt it was satisfying.

Mr Light November 30 2013 09:53 PM

Welp, I went a little crazy with the Game Stop deal haha...

I now have...
Uncharted 1-2-3
Infamous 1-2
God of War 3
Kill Zone 2
Resistance 1-2-3
Crysis 2
Modern Warfare 2

The awesome thing I spent an average of $5 on most of these :cool: