The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Small things you'd've liked to've happened in TNG (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=230554)

Dixie Flatline November 11 2013 03:11 AM

Small things you'd've liked to've happened in TNG

In 'Measure of a Man', I'd have liked if Worf had taken Data aside and offered to help him to escape the Enterprise should his defense at his hearing fail. Worf does a similar thing for Riker in 'The Outcast', and I reckon it would've been a great moment true to the character.

borgboy November 11 2013 03:40 AM

Re: Small things you'd've liked to've happened in TNG

Oh I do like that. I'm now going to assume that was Worf's plan all along even if it wasn't spoken of.

Dixie Flatline November 11 2013 03:53 AM

Quote:

borgboy wrote: (Post 8875087)
Oh I do like that. I'm now going to assume that was Worf's plan all along even if it wasn't spoken of.

I'm currently enjoying that assumption immensely. :)

GalaxyX November 11 2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Dixie Flatline wrote: (Post 8875141)
Quote:

borgboy wrote: (Post 8875087)

I'm currently enjoying that assumption immensely. :)

I admit it would have been cool. Definitely in line with Worf's character.

Avro Arrow November 12 2013 04:42 AM

I would have liked Beverly to have told Picard whatever it was she was trying to tell him throughout season one...

T'Girl November 12 2013 12:55 PM

I would have liked there to be a different doctor on the Enterprise at the start of every season.

First Crusher, then Pulaski, then ...

:)

bbjeg November 12 2013 02:19 PM

I would have liked it if they revisited the aliens of the week more. Maybe catch up on the Tamarians or have Starfleet ask them for assistance (that ship was a match if not stronger than the Enterprise D).

Lance November 13 2013 03:45 AM

I'd have liked the Chief Engineer seen in 'The Naked Now' to have been included in more season one scripts. I thought she was great.

"These are not TOYS!!!"

R. Star November 13 2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Lance wrote: (Post 8883619)
I'd have liked the Chief Engineer seen in 'The Naked Now' to have been included in more season one scripts. I thought she was great.

"These are not TOYS!!!"

Sorry, when a kid hijacks your department and your number two person just randomly pulls crap apart... you're done. ;)

T'Girl November 13 2013 07:27 PM

^ What does that say about Picard? When the same kid (in the same episode) hijacks his ship?

R. Star November 13 2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

T'Girl wrote: (Post 8886214)
^ What does that say about Picard? When the same kid (in the same episode) hijacks his ship?

Shit rolls downhill. It was her department that screwed up and let a kid hijack it and the ship. It would be interesting to see the official report of that incident. Bet there was a lot of spin doctoring. ;)

Finn November 14 2013 12:03 AM

Same way certain characters get away with things over the years across the series- The doctor confirms they weren't in the right mind. :lol:

As for the purpose of this thread...

Someone tells Riker he has a kid, in front of Deanna.

Okay, I"m not that serious.

bbjeg November 14 2013 12:15 AM

IIRC They kinda did that already, but it was an alien and Troi was "dead".

2takesfrakes November 14 2013 12:28 AM

I would've liked to have seen Picard speaking French, beyond certain well-known French phrases, from time-to-time. As well, I would've liked to see Picard actually spending time in France, outside of his brother's vineyard, or the Holodeck! I know it's corny, or whatever, but to see him under the Eiffel Tower would've been The Bomb! Viva La France, I say ...

bbjeg November 14 2013 12:51 AM

^Just because he had a French last name, doesn't mean he should speak French. My last name is Scottish but I don't speak Celtic.