The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Main Trek Characters - where are they now? [MAJOR SPOILERS] (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=230533)

Danlav05 November 10 2013 09:37 PM

The Main Trek Characters - where are they now? [MAJOR SPOILERS]

Hi

I don't follow the novel universe as avidly as others but I do catch up via Memory Beta, and I know things have changed quite dramatically in the Trek novel universe since Nemesis, which seems to be the most developed (STO and IDW's Hive have similar ideas but don't fit) with things such as new DS9, Kira as a Vedek, Data's resurrection, Voyager returning to the Delta Quadrant etc.

I watched all the Hidden Frontier fan films with mainly new characters, but what about our old friends?

Is there a summary of all the developments, maybe even a chart showing where everyone is, for example:

Picard: Still on the Enteprise, with Beverley
Tuvok: Tactical Officer; USS Titan

etc...? Memory Beta are very good with things like this, the book and character pages are relatively up to date, but is there something more direct?

JD November 10 2013 09:54 PM

Re: The Main Trek Characters - where are they now? [MAJOR SPOILERS]

Memory Beta is the only site I know with a lot of detailed info about what has happened to specific characters in the books.

Sran November 10 2013 10:00 PM

There's no other definitive listing that I'm aware of, but we could certainly try to put something together in this thread. Thanks for starting it. Nice avatar, too!

This is what I know. Anyone should feel free to point out changes I'm not aware of. I didn't include characters who are already deceased, just those who are living or unaccounted for.

--Sran

bbjeg November 10 2013 10:33 PM

Picard becomes an Admiral and commands a fleet of ships comprised of many prior series characters. Chekote is his XO.

Danlav05 November 10 2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

bbjeg wrote: (Post 8873800)
Picard becomes an Admiral and commands a fleet of ships comprised of many prior series characters. Chekote is his XO.

That's Memory Gamma but I've seen that - there is no 'story' behind it just the biogs!

I wanna read it though it sounds good

Masiral November 11 2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Sran wrote: (Post 8873665)
There's no other definitive listing that I'm aware of, but we could certainly try to put something together in this thread. Thanks for starting it. Nice avatar, too!

This is what I know. Anyone should feel free to point out changes I'm not aware of. I didn't include characters who are already deceased, just those who are living or unaccounted for.

--Sran

King Daniel Into Darkness November 11 2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Sran wrote: (Post 8873665)

--Sran

Scotty's actually...

Nob Akimoto November 11 2013 03:49 AM

Well but Indistinguishable From Magic has kind of been retconned out of existence in the Typhon Pact/The Fall era.

King Daniel Into Darkness November 11 2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Nob Akimoto wrote: (Post 8875126)
Well but Indistinguishable From Magic has kind of been retconned out of existence in the Typhon Pact/The Fall era.

Not quite - the events of it were briefly recapped in Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night.

Paris November 11 2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Nob Akimoto wrote: (Post 8875126)

Not really.

JD November 13 2013 05:19 AM

Paris November 13 2013 02:25 PM

^No offence to JD, but there are a few tiny things to correct from that post. Please feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken :

JD November 14 2013 02:58 AM

No problem, I'll admit my memory isn't the greatest and like I said I only just started The Eternal Tide. I appreciate the correction. I'd feel bad if I gave someone inaccurate information and nobody corrected me.
I can't believe I forgot Janeway is an Admiral, that one I actually did know.
I thought Neelix had some kind of an official position, but I couldn't find it when I skimmed his article on Memory Beta.