The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=230377)

bbjeg November 8 2013 02:03 PM

The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Let's try this again. Choose up to 3 villains you think stands above the rest.

jpv2000 November 8 2013 03:56 PM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Khan, Kang and the Borg Queen.

TREK_GOD_1 November 8 2013 04:04 PM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Kor, Khan and Romulan Commander (Balance of Terror).

bbjeg November 8 2013 04:17 PM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
I chose Gul Dukat, The Borg Queen, and Soran.

Dukat (even before he became a puppet to the Pah-wraiths and became true evil) was responsible for countless deaths and atrocities in the name of his people.

Soran destroyed a planet for his own selfish personal gain and then left the weapon in the hands of the Duras sisters who would have reeked havoc across the alpha quadrant (they'll attack the Romulans that betrayed them, the Humans that defied them, and even the other Klingons that stood against them).

The Borg may be mindless drones but the Queen who directs them would stop at nothing to assimilate everyone in the galaxy and she wouldn't even hesitate to sacrifice her own drones just to prove a point.

TheGoodStuff November 8 2013 10:41 PM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Dukat, Borg Queen & Khan for me.

BillJ November 8 2013 11:30 PM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Roman Pro-counsel
Kang
Kodos the Executioner

BigJake November 9 2013 12:11 AM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Had to go with Annorax, oddly enough. VOY had its problems but he was one of the best Trek villains period, chillingly monstrous with a psychologically realistic core, and more truly heinous in the larger sense than Khan.

My first pick would have been Kivas Fajo -- am I going to cause angst by asking "why no Kivas Fajo"? His is a much more personal, intimate heinousness and in some ways more creepy and effective because of that; he's no world-destroying super-baddie, just a greedy, petty, pretentious sociopath, and he's all the more memorable for that.

BillJ November 9 2013 12:17 AM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Quote:

BigJake wrote: (Post 8867203)

My first pick would have been Kivas Fajo -- am I going to cause angst by asking "why no Kivas Fajo"? His is a much more personal, intimate heinousness and in some ways more creepy and effective because of that; he's no world-destroying super-baddie, just a greedy, petty, pretentious sociopath, and he's all the more memorable for that.

Saul Rubinek was awesome in that role.

BigJake November 9 2013 12:18 AM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 8867248)
Quote:

BigJake wrote: (Post 8867203)

My first pick would have been Kivas Fajo -- am I going to cause angst by asking "why no Kivas Fajo"? His is a much more personal, intimate heinousness and in some ways more creepy and effective because of that; he's no world-destroying super-baddie, just a greedy, petty, pretentious sociopath, and he's all the more memorable for that.

Saul Rubinek was awesome in that role.

Agreed. I'm a big Rubinek fan :)

Pondwater November 9 2013 12:25 AM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
KHAAAAAAANNNNN!!!

The Female Founder

The Borg Queen (First Contact & Endgame)

Melakon November 9 2013 12:44 AM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
His Assholiness, Gul Dukat.
Her Hineyness, the Borg Queen.
And Soran, for being a selfish bastard.


My thanks to the film Flesh Gordon for providing the titles of address.

Ghrakh November 9 2013 01:39 AM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Quote:

BigJake wrote: (Post 8867203)
am I going to cause angst by asking "why no Kivas Fajo"?

Yeah, or Lore for that matter...

bbjeg November 9 2013 06:31 AM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Well, I'm always accepting input in my poll prep thread.
http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=230098

But there are people on the list that's far worse. Is it just for recognition?

BigJake November 9 2013 06:34 AM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
Quote:

bbjeg wrote: (Post 8868499)
Well, I'm always accepting input in my poll prep thread.
http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=230098

But there are people on the list that's far worse. Is it just for recognition?

I shoulda checked in, for sure. :p For me, heinousness is a matter of style as much as scale. And for my money a lot of the big world / galaxy-smashers on the list hail from rather too moustache-twirling places on the Villain Spectrum to really make the grade (cf. House of Duras). Never much cared for the way the Borg Queen concept turned the Borg (at least poetically) into a kind of insect hive analogy, either, though Alice Krige is awesome.

Bagliun Edar November 9 2013 11:48 AM

Re: The Most Heinous Star Trek Villain
 
My vote goes to Gul Dukat, Khan, and The Borg Queen.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.