The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return. (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=229867)

Cara007 November 1 2013 12:44 PM

Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
I wish this guys don't return for the third film. No offence, I am not saying they are awful but they don't just work for a franchise like Star Trek. Orci and his friends are male fan writers so it is only logical that their writing in film lacks depth, substance and is filled with too much explosions, twisted sex scenes, unnecessary nudity and all the shallowness there is with little story.

They also care too much about showing off a woman's hotness and using her as a sex object than writing her as a strong formidable woman.

Star Trek films should have a very deep story with a lot of philosophical and intellectual influences. Star Trek has never falling into the mindless summer action flicks that no one will remember again once the summer is over talk less of before the year is over.

Orci and his friends are more suited for the popcorn action flicks with all the cars and the girls like Transformers and Fast and the Furious. They just don't fit Star Trek.

I advice Paramount to get real credible and intelligent science fiction writers like Micko Kaku or Neil deGrasse Tyson to at least write the story for Star Trek and then get an Oscar winning or nominated indie screen writer or a screen writers with a large body of work that has been met with high critical acclaim to write the script for the next film.

I have been so torn with how I feel about Into Darkness but now that the year is almost over, I can now say the film was a missed opportunity and the fault is with story.

I don't except Paramount to listen to many fans. All they care about is making money and the only way to make money is to have explosions explosions and explosions with really hot girls that do nothing.

Its sad especially with Gravity out. Gravity was a beautiful and well in depth sci-fi film that will be remembered for a long time. It is what Star Trek Into Darkness should have been.:confused:

teacake November 1 2013 12:57 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Twisted sex scenes?!

BillJ November 1 2013 12:57 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Here we go again...

Quote:

I wish this guys don't return for the third film. No offence, I am not saying they are awful but they don't just work for a franchise like Star Trek. Orci and his friends are male fan writers so it is only logical that their writing in film lacks depth, substance and is filled with too much explosions, twisted sex scenes, unnecessary nudity and all the shallowness there is with little story.
There must be a definition of "nudity" and "twisted" that I'm unaware of?

Quote:

Star Trek films should have a very deep story with a lot of philosophical and intellectual influences. Star Trek has never falling into the mindless summer action flicks that no one will remember again once the summer is over talk less of before the year is over.

Orci and his friends are more suited for the popcorn action flicks with all the cars and the girls like Transformers and Fast and the Furious. They just don't fit Star Trek.

I advice Paramount to get real credible and intelligent science fiction writers like Micko Kaku or Neil deGrasse Tyson to at least write the story for Star Trek and then get an Oscar winning or nominated indie screen writer or a screen writers with a large body of work that has been met with high critical acclaim to write the script for the next film.
I'm not interested in sucking all the fun out of Star Trek. I started watching Star Trek when I was four in 1975, it was never this deep intellectual experience some people seem to keep trying to pass it off as.

Quote:

I don't except Paramount to listen to many fans. All they care about is making money and the only way to make money is to have explosions explosions and explosions with really hot girls that do nothing.
Paramount isn't a charity and they're not making Star Trek out of the kindness of their hearts. Roddenberry made Star Trek to make money.

Quote:

Its sad especially with Gravity out. Gravity was a beautiful and well in depth sci-fi film that will be remembered for a long time. It is what Star Trek Into Darkness should have been.
Gravity is a different type of film that would never work as a Star Trek movie. Sorry.

teacake November 1 2013 01:00 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Hey we saw two people stuck in space, expecting to die in Star Trek already.. it was called Shuttlepod One.

captainkirk November 1 2013 01:01 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

Cara007 wrote: (Post 8836411)
Orci and his friends are male fan writers so it is only logical that their writing in film lacks depth

Uh, what?!

teacake November 1 2013 01:03 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
D.C. Fontana is still alive, let's bring her back.

Cara007 November 1 2013 01:07 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

teacock wrote: (Post 8836423)
Twisted sex scenes?!


Why is Kirk having sex with two cat women at the same time. Orci and his friends writes Kirk as an 18 years old college frat boy freshman who loves to experiment with sex because its fun.

Kirk is more of a horn dog. There is a fine line between been a ladies man and been a horn dog. A perfect example is how Nolan and his writer brother David Nolan wrote Bruce Wayne in their Barman film series.


Am sorry but the year is almost over. I can't defend STID anymore. the film was good but it was just a missed opportunity overall.

BillJ November 1 2013 01:09 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

Cara007 wrote: (Post 8836462)

Why is Kirk have sex with two cat women at the same time.

If it's consensual between all three parties, what exactly is the problem? People experiment with sex all through their lives.

teacake November 1 2013 01:10 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

Cara007 wrote: (Post 8836462)

Why is Kirk have sex with two cat women at the same time.

Maybe they are born in litters so only have sex in litters and Kirk is being sensitive to other species by agreeing to frak them both.

Hythlodeus November 1 2013 01:26 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

Cara007 wrote: (Post 8836462)


Why is Kirk have sex with two cat women at the same time. Orci and his friends writes Kirk as an 18 years old college frat boy freshman who loves to experiment with sex because its fun.

I'm far from a 18 year old frat boy, but believe me, experimental sex IS fun

Cara007 November 1 2013 01:28 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

captainkirk wrote: (Post 8836438)
Quote:

Cara007 wrote: (Post 8836411)
Orci and his friends are male fan writers so it is only logical that their writing in film lacks depth

Uh, what?!

When I say the film lacks depth. I am talking of story. I was watching Django Unchained yesterday and I was so amazed that the film was so story driven.

In Django Unchained every moment in the film had a story to tell. that is the depth.

In TNG, I still get chills watching Picard, Worf, Riker,
Dr. Crusher, Geordi, Deanna and Data all sitting together in the commanding room giving their opinions on things or what the next step there is to take.

STiD had neither of this things I mentioned. That character interaction that has been the core of Trek was missing in STID because of how fast paced and action packed the film was.

It is not Abram's fault. It is the writing that is the problem. Now that Abram's is co writing Star Wars, I am eager to see how the story of the film will turn out.

Romulan_spy November 1 2013 01:29 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

Cara007 wrote: (Post 8836411)
I advice Paramount to get real credible and intelligent science fiction writers like Micko Kaku or Neil deGrasse Tyson to at least write the story for Star Trek

I would not refer to Michio Kaku and Neil deGrasse Tyson as science fiction writers. I am not really aware of them writing science fiction. They are both highly respected PhD physicists who have written science books, not science fiction books.

BillJ November 1 2013 01:34 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

Cara007 wrote: (Post 8836495)

In TNG, I still get chills watching Picard, Worf, Riker,
Dr. Crusher, Geordi, Deanna and Data all sitting together in the commanding room giving their opinions on things or what the next step there is to take.

Most of the time, I got sleepy.

The above is the kiss of death for a Trek movie. Most no one wants to pay $10-15 to watch people sit around a conference table hashing things out.

Quote:


STiD had neither of this things I mentioned. That character interaction that has been the core of Trek was missing in STID because of how fast paced and action packed the film was.
It has its interactions based on TOS. You know? The series the Abramsverse films are based on.

Cara007 November 1 2013 01:34 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

Romulan_spy wrote: (Post 8836498)
Quote:

Cara007 wrote: (Post 8836411)
I advice Paramount to get real credible and intelligent science fiction writers like Micko Kaku or Neil deGrasse Tyson to at least write the story for Star Trek

I would not refer to Michio Kaku and Neil deGrasse Tyson as science fiction writers. I am not really aware of them writing science fiction. They are both highly respected PhD physicists who have written science books, not science fiction books.


I don't mean sci fi book like Star Trek novels. Both men write books based on science hypotheses in other words what we see in our sci-fi films.

Both men have written books and published articles about time travel, wormholes, parallel universes. This are all still classified as science fictions.

BillJ November 1 2013 01:37 PM

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.
 
Quote:

Cara007 wrote: (Post 8836507)

Both men have written books and published articles about time travel, wormholes, parallel universes. This are all still classified as science fictions.

Huh? Those would be books about theoretical physics, not science fiction. Science fiction is dramatic storytelling set against a possible science background.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.