The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Character dialogue exchanges (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=229099)

LMFAOschwarz October 23 2013 06:52 AM

Character dialogue exchanges

Are there any members of the main crew who never exchanged dialogue onscreen? I was thinking about this for whatever reason, and I could not think of one time that Sulu and Chapel spoke to each other, for example.

Of course, I'm sure you knowledgeable folks will point out about thirty examples of when they did! :lol:

Maurice October 23 2013 07:27 AM

Re: Character dialogue exchanges

Rand never spoke to Chekov for obvious reasons. Did she ever speak to Chapel?

CorporalCaptain October 23 2013 08:06 AM

As far as I can tell, the only episode that has both Rand and Chapel in it is The Naked Time, and they don't speak to each other.

Melakon October 23 2013 06:12 PM

Sometimes I think Rand was booted out just so Chapel could have more lines. Though that doesn't agree with published accounts of the circumstances.

bbailey861 October 23 2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 8804770)
Sometimes I think Rand was booted out just so Chapel could have more lines. Though that doesn't agree with published accounts of the circumstances.

I think that if had been for something as simple as that, Grace Lee Whitney wouldn't have had any reticence in saying so.

LMFAOschwarz October 23 2013 09:25 PM

The thing there is, how many decent lines did Chapel ever get? She had a few good episodes where she actually exuded a personality and professional competence, but other than that, as I've pointed out elsewhere, she mostly stammered...in fact, one of these upcoming cold snowy nights I'm going to do a count of lines: I want to see if McCoy either spoke to her, or yelled at her more! :lol:

(And I still can't picture her talking to Sulu... :confused: )

Metryq October 24 2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Closed Caption wrote: (Post 8803492)
As far as I can tell, the only episode that has both Rand and Chapel in it is The Naked Time, and they don't speak to each other.

Because they were both getting in some Naked Time with Sulu.

Timewalker October 24 2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Didn't they both appear in non-speaking parts in one of the movies? I'm thinking of the scene in The Search For Spock, when the crowd is watching the Enterprise coming in, and gasping over how damaged it was.

EnsignHarper October 24 2013 12:33 PM

Rand and Scotty

CorporalCaptain October 24 2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Timewalker wrote: (Post 8807707)
Quote:

Didn't they both appear in non-speaking parts in one of the movies? I'm thinking of the scene in The Search For Spock, when the crowd is watching the Enterprise coming in, and gasping over how damaged it was.

They were both in TMP and TVH (AFAIK, they didn't speak to each other then, either), but the subject is TOS.

Rayna October 25 2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

EnsignHarper wrote: (Post 8807935)
Rand and Scotty

What about Scotty and Chapel, for that matter?

Corylea October 25 2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Rayna wrote: (Post 8811400)
Quote:

Rand and Scotty

In "A Private Little War," when Chapel hits Spock to bring him out of the healing trance, Scotty grabs her and tells her to stop. I believe his lines are "What are you doing, woman?" and "Have you gone daft?"

Push The Button October 25 2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Rand and Scotty

Scotty yells at her while she's slapping the injured Spock in sickbay in A Private Little War.

Timewalker October 25 2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Closed Caption wrote: (Post 8809531)
Quote:

Timewalker wrote: (Post 8807707)
Quote:

They were both in TMP and TVH (AFAIK, they didn't speak to each other then, either), but the subject is TOS.

Those are TOS movies, so what's your problem? :rolleyes:

Quote:

Push The Button wrote: (Post 8811481)
Quote:

Quote:

Rand and Scotty

Scotty yells at her while she's slapping the injured Spock in sickbay in A Private Little War.

Chapel also complimented Scotty on his "bedside manner" with Mira - she said that "with a bedside manner like that, yer in th' wrong business!"

LMFAOschwarz October 25 2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Timewalker wrote: (Post 8811553)
Chapel also complimented Scotty on his "bedside manner" with Mira - she said that "with a bedside manner like that, yer in th' wrong business!"

That's actually my favorite Chapel scene!