The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Voyager (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Voyager Back to the Future Reference (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=228892)

Nine of Four October 20 2013 09:28 PM

Voyager Back to the Future Reference

I just watched episode 13 of season 2, "Prototype", and I noticed a reference, whether intentional or not, that I thought was pretty cool.

Right before Prototype 0001 wakes up, Torres says, " I'm going to try adjusting the flux capacitance."

It's a time-traveling robot!!!!! :bolian:

Melakon October 20 2013 09:56 PM

Re: Voyager Back to the Future Reference

A similar reference occurs in TNG: Hollow Pursuits. Barclay's scripted line included the words "flow capacitor", but Dwight Schultz says "flux capacitor", either by accident or design.

SiddFinch1 October 20 2013 10:58 PM

1.21 gigawatts!

Tosk October 21 2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 8793373)
A similar reference occurs in TNG: Hollow Pursuits. Barclay's scripted line included the words "flow capacitor", but Dwight Schultz says "flux capacitor", either by accident or design.

And over on DS9, Miles once mentioned a "warp matrix flux capacitor" to Julian. :)

FreddyE October 21 2013 09:42 AM

What IS a flux capacitor anyway? I always took it as a fancy way to say "a valve" ;-)

Captain Kathryn October 21 2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

FreddyE wrote: (Post 8795284)
What IS a flux capacitor anyway? I always took it as a fancy way to say "a valve" ;-)

It's the essential component of a time machine. :p :lol:

R. Star October 21 2013 09:48 PM

I always thought it was utterly hilarious that Kirk and company stole Christopher Lloyd's Bird of Prey, then used it to time travel. ;)

"Once this baby hits warp 8.8 you're gonna see some serious shit."

Captain Kathryn October 22 2013 02:52 AM

Christopher Lloyd should have been on Trek as a regular on a series. I love that dude.

Lance October 22 2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

GoRe Star wrote: (Post 8797252)
I always thought it was utterly hilarious that Kirk and company stole Christopher Lloyd's Bird of Prey, then used it to time travel. ;)

"Once this baby hits warp 8.8 you're gonna see some serious shit."

LOL, I hadn't thought about it before but you're absolutely right. :D

Lord Manitou October 22 2013 10:58 PM

No doubt it was used to handle enormous amounts of energy and not just electricity and do it efficiently. I suppose the flux characteristic handled high energy warp plasma. The capacitor itself must have been very small. There was nothing said about time travel.

ZeNd October 22 2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

SiddFinch1 wrote: (Post 8793712)
1.21 gigawatts!

jiggawatts

Tosk October 23 2013 04:20 AM

Nope. :vulcan:

Nebusj October 23 2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Lord Manitou wrote: (Post 8801692)
No doubt it was used to handle enormous amounts of energy and not just electricity and do it efficiently. I suppose the flux characteristic handled high energy warp plasma. The capacitor itself must have been very small. There was nothing said about time travel.

Because if there's one thing Voyager stayed well away from, it was time travel shenanigans.