The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   When was it found out that Section 31 was i the film? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=228871)

Noddy October 20 2013 01:31 PM

When was it found out that Section 31 was i the film?

I know a lot of things were kept under wraps for a while with STID, but does anyone remember precisely when it was first discovered that Section 31 was going to have some involvement in the film's plot?

ChowdaHead October 20 2013 06:33 PM

Re: When was it found out that Section 31 was i the film?

um. during the movie? this thread is stupid.

Greg Cox October 20 2013 07:21 PM

Honestly, there were lots of rumors, but nothing was "known" until the movie opened.

bullethead October 20 2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Noddy wrote: (Post 8792047)
I know a lot of things were kept under wraps for a while with STID, but does anyone remember precisely when it was first discovered that Section 31 was going to have some involvement in the film's plot?

People who read the Ongoing comic had a really strong feeling the Section 31 was going to be involved before the Countdown to Darkness comic basically confirmed it.

The last US trailer before the movie came out that revealed the Vengeance pretty much sealed the deal for everyone else.

M'Sharak October 20 2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

It had been speculated for months by some that Section 31 might figure in the story in some way, but I don't believe it was known for certain until a synopsis was posted in a comment thread at IMDb, on or about 23rd April (by someone who'd attended the Sydney premiere showing, I'd presume.) Also confirmed in the same synopsis: that John Harrison was actually Khan.

Therin of Andor October 20 2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 8792839)
I don't believe it was known for certain until a synopsis was posted in a comment thread at IMDb, on or about 23rd April (by someone who'd attended the Sydney premiere showing, I'd presume.)

Yep. She was sending updates to the web from an iPad during the movie. I was sitting in her row. ;)

The Wormhole October 20 2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

bullethead wrote: (Post 8792812)
People who read the Ongoing comic had a really strong feeling the Section 31 was going to be involved before the Countdown to Darkness comic basically confirmed it.

Indeed, the comic adaptation of Return of the Archons featured a group of shady Starfleet officers who everyone believed (and still does, I guess) to be Section 31. Since then it was speculated that they'd be featured in STID.

Hober Mallow October 20 2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 8792839)
Quote:

It had been speculated for months by some that Section 31 might figure in the story in some way, but I don't believe it was known for certain until a synopsis was posted in a comment thread at IMDb, on or about 23rd April (by someone who'd attended the Sydney premiere showing, I'd presume.) Also confirmed in the same synopsis: that John Harrison was actually Khan.

And I think a lot of people didn't believe the synopsis was true because of the Section 31 reference.