The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=228778)

MANT! October 19 2013 01:52 AM

R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
http://www.animationmagazine.net/peo...mer-1929-2013/

Quote:

Scheimer, a graduate of Carnegie-Mellon University, won a Daytime Emmy in 1975 for Star Trek and received four Daytime Emmy nominations for Best Children’s and Animated Series for his work on Star Trek and Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. He received a primetime Emmy nom for the 1977 production Fat Albert Christmas Special. In 2003, ASIFA-Hollywood gave him an Annie for Special Achievement in Animation.
It may have been Cheap Star Trek, but it was still Star Trek..

requiescat in pace, Lou you were a big part of my childhood..

Sir Rhosis October 19 2013 02:53 AM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
RIP.

bbailey861 October 19 2013 02:58 AM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
Quote:

MANT! wrote: (Post 8787106)
It may have been Cheap Star Trek, but it was still Star Trek.

Indeed is was. RIP.

RandyS October 19 2013 04:32 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
Wow. He died on his birthday?

RIP.

Mysterion October 19 2013 04:38 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
Bummer. He was responsible for some very entertaining work. Judging from the interviews on the DVDs for Space Academy, Ark II, and Jason of Star Command, he was a really interesting and engaging guy who I think i would have liked to have met in person.

RIP.

Christopher October 19 2013 05:05 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
It's quite a loss. Scheimer and his colleagues probably had more influence on me in my childhood than any other non-family member except Gene Roddenberry. Filmation's shows helped shape my values and beliefs.

My sympathies also go out to my colleague Andy Mangels, a former Star Trek novelist who also produced the Filmation DVDs released in recent years and wrote books about Filmation and Scheimer, including the recent biography Lou Scheimer: Creating the Filmation Generation. Andy was a good friend of Scheimer's and I know this is a major loss for him.

BoredShipCapt'n October 19 2013 05:10 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
Sad to see him go. We animation fans owe him a lot. Thanks, Lou.

Hey-hey-hey.

jpv2000 October 19 2013 05:55 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
RIP Lou. My prayers for all family and friends.

publiusr October 19 2013 08:37 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
He will be missed
This makes me wish Cartoon Network would show Filmation programs late at night--

Galileo7 October 19 2013 09:49 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8788996)
It's quite a loss. Scheimer and his colleagues probably had more influence on me in my childhood than any other non-family member except Gene Roddenberry. Filmation's shows helped shape my values and beliefs.

My sympathies also go out to my colleague Andy Mangels, a former Star Trek novelist who also produced the Filmation DVDs released in recent years and wrote books about Filmation and Scheimer, including the recent biography Lou Scheimer: Creating the Filmation Generation. Andy was a good friend of Scheimer's and I know this is a major loss for him.

Agree.

Lou Scheimer's Filmation shows made every Saturday morning enjoyable for me as a boy in the '70s.

R.I.P.

Lieut. Arex October 19 2013 09:55 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
goodbye and thank you

J.T.B. October 20 2013 08:20 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
Very sorry to hear this. When I was a kid, I learned to look for the Filmation "label" and, to me, their shows were a notch above the rest. R.I.P.

Christopher October 20 2013 08:28 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
^I appreciate your tribute avatar, J.T.B. That "credit wheel" was an unforgettable signature, and is probably a large part of why we became so aware of the names Scheimer and Prescott as we watched their shows.

Daddy Todd October 20 2013 08:56 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
This is very sad. I just read Lou's (with Andy Mangels help) memoirs a couple months back. And even when discussing shows that were well past my first cartoon-watching years, it was always an engaging read. I recommend it highly!

RIP Lou.

MANT! October 20 2013 09:10 PM

Re: R.I.P. Lou Scheimer (1929-2013) (Producer of TAS)
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8793016)
^I appreciate your tribute avatar, J.T.B. That "credit wheel" was an unforgettable signature, and is probably a large part of why we became so aware of the names Scheimer and Prescott as we watched their shows.

I do like how the credit wheel gave BOTH of those men top billing!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.