The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   BBCA cacels "Copper." (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=228409)

auntiehill October 14 2013 05:35 AM

BBCA cacels "Copper."

Oops! That should read "cancels." Typo there.

DAMN IT!! :scream::scream::scream:

Hollywood Reporter.

I really liked this show, the grittiness, the themes, the portrayal of important trends and events---like the Tammany Hall characters, etc.

I liked that this show wasn't sterilized and prettied up; it was in the muck right with the characters. I thought it also made a nice companion piece with Hell on Wheels--being only a few years apart.

Dagnabbit!

Mr. Adventure October 14 2013 06:31 AM

Re: BBCA cacels "Copper."

It doesn't fit their new vision for the channel, going forward they will only show Doctor Who, Top Gear, Star Trek TNG and Gordon Ramsay shows.

sojourner October 14 2013 06:48 AM

^And Orphan Black.

Bob The Skutter October 14 2013 09:18 AM

I actually saw someone comment "I will never watch their channel again. Why would I want to watch a show about a black orphan?"

auntiehill October 14 2013 05:00 PM

*sigh* So disappointed. I will miss this show. Plus, we'll never know what happened to Eva.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps4aa69ef7.jpg

Rhaven October 14 2013 05:50 PM

Aww. I really liked this show.

bigdaddy October 14 2013 05:58 PM

So pretty much we should all stop watching Orphan Black now because it's clear we will never get an ending. :lol:

Beagleman October 14 2013 09:22 PM

Damnit. And the last episode would have kinda worked as premature finale if it weren't for last two minutes and the missing Eva cliffhanger...

auntiehill October 14 2013 09:51 PM

^ I know! What the heck was that about, anyway? That was a very strange episode.

cardinal biggles October 14 2013 11:00 PM

So glad I didn't start watching this. I already got burned once when they cancelled The Hour.

Ar-Pharazon October 14 2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Groom Of Bridezilla wrote: (Post 8768305)
I actually saw someone comment "I will never watch their channel again. Why would I want to watch a show about a black orphan?"

Wasn't that Different Strokes? :guffaw:

bigdaddy October 15 2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

cardinal biggles wrote: (Post 8770417)
So glad I didn't start watching this. I already got burned once when they cancelled The Hour.

Was that a BBCA show? I thought it was a BBC1. I like te first minishow season.

Alidar Jarok October 15 2013 01:58 AM

Damn, I liked the show. It started a bit rough, but got really good by the time the second season ended.

I wished they didn't cancel it after the season ended, though, so it wouldn't end in a fucking cliffhanger. Then again, maybe you shouldn't end in a cliffhanger if you aren't guaranteed to come back (although I know it's a deliberate strategy).

Cardinal Biggles, I'd still recommend watching it - just stop before the final five minutes and you'd be set. ;)

ETA: There's talk of making it into a movie, but I'm not optimistic. They apparently had put a lot of thought into the third season, though.

Nerys Myk October 15 2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Mr. Adventure wrote: (Post 8767987)
It doesn't fit their new vision for the channel, going forward they will only show Doctor Who, Top Gear, Star Trek TNG and Gordon Ramsay shows.

I thought that was the old vision.

Mr. Adventure October 15 2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Geoff Peterson wrote: (Post 8771908)
Quote:

Mr. Adventure wrote: (Post 8767987)

I thought that was the old vision.

Have you actually checked their schedule? Maybe I should have said current vision rather than new...