The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Bob Orci: Spoke with CBS about returning Trek To TV (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=228241)

SeerSGB October 12 2013 03:38 AM

Bob Orci: Spoke with CBS about returning Trek To TV

Bleeding Cool

Quote:

This week, Orci has been in the UK for an Ender’s Game junket. One of his interviews was with Joe Michalczuk of Sky News, who dropped a key nugget onto Twitter.

Bob Orci just told me they've had a meeting with CBS to revive @StarTrek on TV...This made me v excited
If it's in the new timeline, I wonder if it'll be a recast of the crew of the Enterprise crew or a Enterprise.

Cue nerd rage in 3...2...1

BigJake October 12 2013 05:51 AM

Re: Bob Orci: Spoke with CBS about returning Trek To TV

If it happens, honestly, let Orci do what he will at this point. He has the keys to the kingdom. Those of us who don't care for his interpretation had better just get about creating something new that caters to what we want.

SeerSGB October 12 2013 05:58 AM

If Orci is heading up a show, I'd put a wager on him doing what he did with the Transformers Live Action Franchise: Live Action to CGI Animated series.

Quote:

...Those of us who don't care for his interpretation had better just get about creating something new that caters to what we want.
It's called fanfilms.

BigJake October 12 2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

SeerSGB wrote: (Post 8759644)
It's called fanfilms.

It sure is. But maybe we'll have to think a little bigger.

SeerSGB October 12 2013 06:15 AM

Assume for a moment is goes past discussion, personal wishlist:

* Animation - Polygon Pictures for the animation studio. Wouldn't mind a mix of Clone Wars and Transformers: Prime production teams.

* Live Action - Keep it off the sci-fi channel. Though it makes me wonder if they'd recast the characters? Would the movie actors be willing to do a show?

Quote:

BigJake wrote: (Post 8759683)
Quote:

SeerSGB wrote: (Post 8759644)
It's called fanfilms.

It sure is. But maybe we'll have to think a little bigger.

Uh huh. I'm sure the Reboot Team will quake in fear.

BigJake October 12 2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

SeerGSB wrote:
I'm sure the Reboot Team will quake in fear.

Why would they need to? Surely we can all just get along?

I kid. They'd better. Becuase I am totally talking about building a time machine to go back and prevent Orci's birth, just for the record.

Oso Blanco October 12 2013 06:23 AM

I hope they won't recast the crew yet again. I'd be happy about a show with a different crew on a different ship, maybe with occasional guest appearences from the Enterprise crew. Or something entirely different, like a show set on Earth. Maybe dealing with politics and diplomatic stuff. That would also make the show a little more affordable in regards of special effects.

SeerSGB October 12 2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Oso Blanco wrote: (Post 8759728)
I hope they won't recast the crew yet again. I'd be happy about a show with a different crew on a different ship, maybe with occasional guest appearences from the Enterprise crew. Or something entirely different, like a show set on Earth. Maybe dealing with politics and diplomatic stuff. That would also make the show a little more affordable in regards of special effects.

If they're aiming to cash in on the movie, it'd have to be set on the Enterprise or her immediate successor--perhaps a tie in with the final movie with this cast?. If it has to be this Enterprise, these characters, Animation is their best bet; I don't think recasting would work for people who are fans of the films.

BigJake October 12 2013 06:34 AM

In all seriousness, I hope Pete Markowski persuades them to do his vision of an animated series, because it would F***ING rawk.

And the Reboot Team should quake in fear! Quake, I say, before the Great Markowski... and his heirs!

(But SRSLY, check out Markowski's work, it's amazing.)

SeerSGB October 12 2013 06:39 AM

He's not bad; style reminds me of the recent Green Lantern cartoon. Not a big fan of his character designs though.

BigJake October 12 2013 06:46 AM

It's his scenery I love, mostly.

MakeshiftPython October 12 2013 07:33 AM

Oh God no. It's already bad enough he's writing the movies, now he's possibily involved with a TV show? No thanks. Stick with the movies and let someone else get a crack at it.

teacake October 12 2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

I hope they won't recast the crew yet again. I'd be happy about a show with a different crew on a different ship, maybe with occasional guest appearences from the Enterprise crew.

Captain Sulu!

CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO

C.E. Evans October 12 2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

I hope they won't recast the crew yet again.

I think we're about ten years from that happening no matter what.
Quote:

SeerSBG wrote:
If Orci is heading up a show, I'd put a wager on him doing what he did with the Transformers Live Action Franchise

I'd actually wager on it being a computer-animated series in the same style of the recently concluded Transformers: Prime (Orci served as exec producer on that show along with his buddy Kurtzman). It'd be a way lot cheaper than a doing a live-action series and could be used to bring more kids into Trek, IMO. It'd also have a lot of kid-oriented merchandising potential too.

J. Allen October 12 2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

teacock wrote: (Post 8760142)
Quote:

I hope they won't recast the crew yet again. I'd be happy about a show with a different crew on a different ship, maybe with occasional guest appearences from the Enterprise crew.

Captain Sulu!

CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO CHO

I would actually be very cool with this.