The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=227626)

the G-man October 4 2013 05:51 AM

Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
…in “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark?”
  • Alice Cooper is in negotiations to play the Green Goblin.
    I kid you not.
    The $85 million musical, which hasn’t returned one penny to its investors — including The Edge, an idiot for putting his own money in the show — is trying to hang on by casting a washed-up rock star to keep itself going through the dead months of January and February.
    It won’t work — but what a great idea!
    Alice Cooper. The Godfather of Shock Rock. A singer who used to have people’s heads chopped off in his act is going to join a show in which a chorus kid had his foot chopped off.

The critic who wrote this is obviously not a fan. That being said, while I don't really have any interest in seeing this regardless of who plays Green Goblin, I think casting Cooper would be kind of neat.

Christopher October 4 2013 02:36 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
In a classic Marvel tradition, I feel that anyone who joins the cast of that show should be greeted thusly:

"Welcome to Turn off the Dark, Alice Cooper! Hope you survive the experience!"

Gaith October 4 2013 03:01 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
It was my impression Turn Off the Dark has been selling pretty well. The economics of Broadway, AFAIK, are such that many major shows don't turn a profit until they've run for several years, with the expectation they'll run for several more... could be wrong, though.

bbjeg October 4 2013 03:44 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
I don't know what to think of this. It's not a bad choice, but it isn't the best.

Dick Whitman October 4 2013 04:19 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
I thought this was a bizarre movie casting rumor! lol

Christopher October 4 2013 05:12 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
Come to think of it, isn't Chris Cooper playing Norman Osborn in the next movie?

Captaindemotion October 4 2013 06:37 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8727877)
Come to think of it, isn't Chris Cooper playing Norman Osborn in the next movie?

:guffaw: Maybe Bradley Cooper will be in the next reboot?

inflatabledalek October 4 2013 07:01 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
Or maybe Mr. Cooper from Hanging With Mr. Cooper?

sojourner October 4 2013 09:34 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
They could digitally resurrect Jackie Cooper to play JJ.

Nerys Myk October 4 2013 10:12 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8727196)
In a classic Marvel tradition, I feel that anyone who joins the cast of that show should be greeted thusly:

"Welcome to Turn off the Dark, Alice Cooper! Hope you survive the experience!"

"Welcome to my nightmare".

Captain Craig October 4 2013 10:43 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
Is it April 1 already?

Dream October 4 2013 11:30 PM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
Is this stupid musical still being shown? :lol:

the G-man October 5 2013 05:07 AM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8727196)
In a classic Marvel tradition, I feel that anyone who joins the cast of that show should be greeted thusly:

"Welcome to Turn off the Dark, Alice Cooper! Hope you survive the experience!"

Well played, Sir. Well played.:techman:

Professor Zoom October 5 2013 05:14 AM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 8727322)
It was my impression Turn Off the Dark has been selling pretty well. The economics of Broadway, AFAIK, are such that many major shows don't turn a profit until they've run for several years, with the expectation they'll run for several more... could be wrong, though.

You aren't. It took Wicked years and years, and it sells incredibly well.

RJDiogenes October 5 2013 09:44 AM

Re: Alice Cooper to play Green Goblin...
 
I like Alice Cooper, but he's a bit long in the tooth to be Green Goblin. Unless this play is about the golden years of Spidey.

When Norman turns into the Goblin, I wonder if he will sing "No More Mister Nice Guy."


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.