The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   How Into Darkness Should Have Ended (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=227548)

King Daniel Into Darkness October 2 2013 09:12 PM

How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 

The Stig October 2 2013 10:13 PM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
I lol'd.

CorporalCaptain October 2 2013 10:26 PM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
:lol: :techman:

BillJ October 2 2013 10:45 PM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
No where near as entertaining as the one they did for Star Trek 2009.

OpenMaw October 3 2013 12:31 AM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
Hahahaha. That was funny. I love how Vengeance is just parked there, still. :lol:

iguana_tonante October 3 2013 12:51 AM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
Old Spock was the best part. :lol:

Shatinator October 3 2013 01:05 AM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 

KD - Kind of surprised you post & especially liked this vid. It has all those things that fandom has latch on to of which frustrated you (i.e. Uber Transporter, Super Blood;etc.).
Glad to see you have a sense of humor about all this mis-mash & quasi-science floaten about. It's rather ironically humoress, I think.

JarodRussell October 3 2013 01:12 AM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
It also recognizes how silly that Khan reveal was. "My name is... Khan!" and that was supposed to mean anything to anyone?

Khan is as common as John and Smith. And if it's not a name, then it's a title. You wouldn't say "My name is... Captain!"

And the way Cumberbatch delivered it, just cringeworthy.

CorporalCaptain October 3 2013 01:54 AM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
Quote:

JarodRussell wrote: (Post 8720689)
It also recognizes how silly that Khan reveal was. "My name is... Khan!" and that was supposed to mean anything to anyone?

Khan is as common as John and Smith. And if it's not a name, then it's a title. You wouldn't say "My name is... Captain!"

And the way Cumberbatch delivered it, just cringeworthy.

Lampooning something isn't the same as recognizing it as silly.

Unicron October 3 2013 02:05 AM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
Nice. :lol:

bullethead October 3 2013 02:07 AM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 8720131)
No where near as entertaining as the one they did for Star Trek 2009.

I totally agree. The only good bit was them gassing Khan.

Quote:

JarodRussell wrote: (Post 8720689)
It also recognizes how silly that Khan reveal was. "My name is... Khan!" and that was supposed to mean anything to anyone?

Khan is as common as John and Smith. And if it's not a name, then it's a title. You wouldn't say "My name is... Captain!"

And the way Cumberbatch delivered it, just cringeworthy.

Yeah, Cumberbatch was way better at the "generic" calm, menacing talk than anything that involved any sort of emotion or emoting. I dunno if it's a result of grafting Khan onto the character late in the process.

Kelthaz October 4 2013 03:06 AM

Re: How Into Darkness Should Have Ended
 
Stop explaining the joke. Yes, it was funny seeing Khan shocked that no one cared about his name and that's where the joke should have ended.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.