The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   X-Men Question: Cable's Computer? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=227356)

ReadyAndWilling September 30 2013 04:02 PM

X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

Hey guys, I was watching the X-Men TV show from the early 90's and I really enjoyed seeing Cable communicating with his wrist mounted computer called Greymall. Does anyone have a listing of Cable's appearances in TV shows where he speaks to his computer? Also, I tried looking up information on his computer Greymall, but I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Does anyone know where I could be looking to get more information?

Thank you!

Christopher September 30 2013 04:18 PM

Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

I think the name you're looking for is Graymalkin, the name of Cable's space station (named for Graymalkin Lane, the street address of the Xavier Institute). In the comics, Graymalkin was controlled by Cable's AI named The Professor. I don't recall the animated series' Cable ever addressing his wrist computer as anything but "Computer," but I do remember Graymalkin being the name of his ship/station which appeared in the "Beyond Good and Evil" 4-parter.

ReadyAndWilling September 30 2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8708755)
I think the name you're looking for is Graymalkin, the name of Cable's space station (named for Graymalkin Lane, the street address of the Xavier Institute). In the comics, Graymalkin was controlled by Cable's AI named The Professor. I don't recall the animated series' Cable ever addressing his wrist computer as anything but "Computer," but I do remember Graymalkin being the name of his ship/station which appeared in the "Beyond Good and Evil" 4-parter.

That's great, thanks.

I think you're right that his spaceship was called Greymalkin, but did he only ever refer to his wrist computer as 'Computer'?

Hound of UIster September 30 2013 09:49 PM

The space station was raised as a floating island for Cable's private country in the comics. The AI I think was wrecked by Sinister's mutants after most of the country is destroyed by an alien psychic weapon.

Christopher September 30 2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

ReadyAndWilling wrote: (Post 8709928)
I think you're right that his spaceship was called Greymalkin, but did he only ever refer to his wrist computer as 'Computer'?

I distinctly remember him saying things like "Computer, body-slide by two!"

(And it just occurred to me that that could sound really kinky if you don't know that "body-slide" means "teleport.")

Santa Kang October 1 2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

ReadyAndWilling wrote: (Post 8708698)
Hey guys, I was watching the X-Men TV show from the early 90's and I really enjoyed seeing Cable communicating with his wrist mounted computer called Greymall. Does anyone have a listing of Cable's appearances in TV shows where he speaks to his computer? Also, I tried looking up information on his computer Greymall, but I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Does anyone know where I could be looking to get more information?

Thank you!

So you just want the episodes where he talks to his computer? That entertains you? Why?

ReadyAndWilling October 1 2013 03:53 AM

Quote:

Nerys Myk wrote: (Post 8711233)
Quote:

Thank you!

So you just want the episodes where he talks to his computer? That entertains you? Why?

Well I love it because it gives me a chance of what might be possible some day.

Santa Kang October 1 2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

ReadyAndWilling wrote: (Post 8711602)
Quote:

Quote:

Thank you!

And you need to see this multiple times?

Mistral October 1 2013 06:38 PM

I find this topic title distracting, as my gamertag on XBOX has been Cable for the last 11 years. Just saying.

Turtletrekker October 1 2013 06:51 PM

Do you call your XBOX "Graymalkin"? If not, you really should. ;)

RoJoHen October 1 2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Nerys Myk wrote: (Post 8711686)
Quote:

Quote:

The dude loves robots. He only likes watching things with robots.

Santa Kang October 2 2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

RoJoHen wrote: (Post 8714353)
Quote:

Nerys Myk wrote: (Post 8711686)
Quote:

The dude loves robots. He only likes watching things with robots.

Then I recommend:

and

Solstice October 2 2013 03:09 PM

The Professor got very little use in the cartoon. If you really want to see more of that, you'll have to go to the comics.

Mistral October 2 2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Turtletrekker wrote: (Post 8713969)

No, I actually didn't think of that when I named it. It's "Magneto".

ReadyAndWilling October 11 2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Turtletrekker wrote: (Post 8713969)

This...