The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Behind your Aft Nacelle (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=226819)

22 Stars September 24 2013 02:46 AM

Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Did we ever get a response from anyone in production about the Aft Nacelle line? If so, any link?

BillJ September 24 2013 02:52 AM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
I imagine it was just a goof that no one caught.

M'Sharak September 24 2013 04:02 AM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Quote:

22 Stars wrote: (Post 8684128)
Did we ever get a response from anyone in production about the Aft Nacelle line? If so, any link?

Do we know for certain that anyone on the production team has ever been asked about it?

George Steinbrenner September 24 2013 05:04 AM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Perhaps it was another kind of nacelle that had nothing to do with warp. An external sensor pod, maybe?

SeerSGB September 24 2013 05:09 AM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 8684383)
Quote:

22 Stars wrote: (Post 8684128)
Did we ever get a response from anyone in production about the Aft Nacelle line? If so, any link?

Do we know for certain that anyone on the production team has ever been asked about it?

That's be my guess.

Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 8684149)
I imagine it was just a goof that no one caught.

Well we could ask Orci about... ... oh right.

M'Sharak September 24 2013 05:35 AM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 8684560)
Perhaps it was another kind of nacelle that had nothing to do with warp. An external sensor pod, maybe?

That and other possibilities have already been covered exhaustively in the AFT NACELLE thread, in which I believe you were a participant.

This thread is concerned with whether the question has been asked of and answered by one of the production staff - ideally, by whoever was responsible for that bit of dialogue.

Maurice September 24 2013 07:41 AM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
I seriously doubt this has much of an answer or if anyone much remembers. It was just someone doing "tech tech" again.

YellowSubmarine September 24 2013 09:50 AM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
The neutron cream experience affected Cumberbatch to the point he couldn't deliver his line properly, alas it also made him wish to walk over our cold corpses with the deepest conviction, so it had to make it to the final cut.

I am still waiting for an explanation on how this neutron cream works though. Sounds fishy to me.

Chemahkuu September 24 2013 02:41 PM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
It was a euphomism.

YellowSubmarine September 24 2013 06:44 PM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Quote:

Chemahkuu wrote: (Post 8685421)
It was a euphomism.

The aft nacelle or the neutron cream? Both sound pretty dirty, to be honest, and not in a good way. :alienblush:

Chemahkuu September 24 2013 07:04 PM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Quote:

YellowSubmarine wrote: (Post 8686252)
Quote:

Chemahkuu wrote: (Post 8685421)
It was a euphomism.

The aft nacelle or the neutron cream? Both sound pretty dirty, to be honest, and not in a good way. :alienblush:

Either...

SeerSGB September 24 2013 08:05 PM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
He could have just fumbled the line. "Just aft of your nacelle" could come out as "Your aft nacelle". Just saying it's a possibility.

BillJ September 24 2013 08:11 PM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Quote:

SeerSGB wrote: (Post 8686588)
He could have just fumbled the line. "Just aft of your nacelle" could come out as "Your aft nacelle". Just saying it's a possibility.

But would that be any better? Just aft of the nacelle would be open space. :lol:

I just think it was a goof. They sometimes happen.

Chemahkuu September 24 2013 08:12 PM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Actually he rather carefully pronounces it as "behind the aft nacelle". Given Cumberbatches delivery and the captions/script matching up, chalk it up to random error of the writers.

I Am Groot September 24 2013 08:28 PM

Re: Behind your Aft Nacelle
 
Quote:

22 Stars wrote: (Post 8684128)
Did we ever get a response from anyone in production about the Aft Nacelle line? If so, any link?

Orci already covered this one:

http://i.imgur.com/1lEzpFH.jpg
http://www.hark.com/clips/rvtsyszwtz...s-no-auxiliary

I think this is more a question for us nerds to resolve than anyone on the production team. For them, it was probably just a minor technobabble boo boo.

For me, I just took it to mean that there are life support systems located behind the nacelle struts where they meet the hull. Maybe it's back there for easy refueling of life support fluids from tanker shuttles in the adjacent shuttlebay.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.