The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies I-X (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   If Khan defeated Kirk in TWOK (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=226582)

Noddy September 21 2013 02:18 PM

If Khan defeated Kirk in TWOK

Are there any theories as to how things would have progressed had Khan succeeded in defeating Kirk in TWOK (perhaps by beaming him up from Regula 1 along with the Genesis Device)? What would he have done then? Embarked on a quadrant-wide terror spree? Gone to look for potential allies to back him up?

publiusr September 21 2013 08:40 PM

Re: If Khan defeated Kirk in TWOK

Hard to say. I can see him dropping off some of his crew on a nice planet, and then using the torpedo as a threat against Earth.

Santa Kang September 21 2013 09:21 PM

I'm not sure Khan thought that far ahead.

Khan 2.0 September 21 2013 09:45 PM

i think hed have returned to earth, to have...his....VENGEANCE!! *BRAAAAAMMM....BRAAAAAMMM etc*

Timelord Victorious September 21 2013 11:14 PM

Possibly try to reverse engineer the genesis torpedo, make more of them and threaten to do what Nero tried later... or possibly get into bed with Section 31 and start a war with the Klingons... who knows...

Ln X September 21 2013 11:17 PM

Galactic domination, that's what! I would also imagine a couple of pogroms to purge out 'lesser' members of the human race.

R. Star September 21 2013 11:22 PM

He'd conquer Earth only to be destroyed by the Whale probe.

Khan 2.0 September 21 2013 11:37 PM

Khan wouldve developed some kind of new weapon based on the genesis torpedo to destroy the probe and save earth

Khan 2.0 September 22 2013 04:11 PM

also he would have taken on and defeated the klingon empire after the Praxis incident and been ruler of the universe

Merry Christmas September 22 2013 09:00 PM

When you come right down to it, Khan had a super weapon that he could only use once, a beat up starship that he likely didn't have enough people to repair and maintain.

Also, assuming that he did not destroy the Enterprise in the first encounter, Kirk would have told Starfleet Command exactly what was going on. So Khan would have been hunted by more than a training ship full of cadet, but the main fleet.

Whatever he was going to do, he wouldn't have had much time.

The Reliant wasn't a whale probe -- V'Ger -- Narada -- supership, getting close enough to Earth to credibly threaten it with the genesis torpedo (or any Federation Member) would have been unlikely.

:)

YellowSubmarine September 22 2013 09:14 PM

He would most likely kill Kirk and travel back in time to pick up some humpback whales.

R. Star September 22 2013 10:55 PM

Oh yeah, Khan in the 1980's... he might get some humpbacks, but he's gonna leave his past self a to-do list to avoid being beaten. ;)

WarpFactorZ September 22 2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 8678914)
Oh yeah, Khan in the 1980's... he might get some humpbacks, but he's gonna leave his past self a to-do list to avoid being beaten. ;)

Good point. They were time-travelling. It didn't matter if Kirk et al. left a couple hours later. Someone should have said "Hey, let's go mess up that guy Khan!"

Mr. Comic Book September 24 2013 01:06 AM

My best guess is once he'd killed Kirk and destroyed the Enterprise, Khan would have set about building a galactic empire, using Genesis as a bargaining chip. He certainly had the know-how and the political skills to toy with the Federation, the Klingons, and the Romulans, and the threat of using Genesis on them would be an ace up his sleeve, especially if he could find a way to mass-produce the torpedoes.

The crew of the Reliant? They would have been dead on Ceti Alpha V. Starfleet couldn't have gotten to them in time.

The universe would have been a much uglier place had Khan been victorious. I don't see that he would have been taken out in short order.

Khan 2.0 September 24 2013 10:53 AM

so Khan wouldve turned the Trekverse into the Warsverse. nice