The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=226579)

Khan 2.0 September 21 2013 02:01 PM

how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
wonder how Trek 3 will end if it is to be the last one?

my take:

The heavily damaged Enterprise (refitted to look more like movies I-VI) is in its final battle with long haired bare chested Khan (Benedict Cumberbatch) and his army of renegade Klingon followers led by Commander Kruge (Benico Del Toro). Alone, with what was left of the crew evacuated and his bridge crew dead, Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) in a final act of desperation puts the ship on auto destruct and sets the ‘Genesis II’ carrying enterprise at the centre of a nearby nebula - on the burning bridge he fires all weapons at the armada of ships closing in as onscreen he watches the shuttle pod carrying Carol (Alice Eve) and infant son David escape to safety.... As the enterprise finally destroys Kruge's bird of prey, Kirk sets a collision course with Khans stolen Federation ship USS Reliant which has followed the enterprise into the nebula, and diverts all remaining power to forward phasers....Khans chilling voice is heard on speakers goading Kirk as he sits in the command chair for the final time and launches into a big 'KHHAAAAAN!!' yell….. And then, just before everything is about to go kaboom, the burned, bloodied, shirt ripped Kirk closes his eyes and reaches into his pocket…we see a strange look on his face. He pulls out a marshmallow, and starts to hear a overpowering loud noise “BRRRRAAAWWWWW!!!” then what sounds like Bones shouting 'Get that damn light outta ma face!'....

cut to: Kirk (CG 1989 William Shatner) awaking hungover in his sleeping bag by the deafening noise of a shuttlecraft landing. Empty bottles of bourbon and Romulan Ale surround him along with a copy of Quantum Mechanics Monthly and a bag of half eaten marsh 'melons' near the campfire.

A silver haired Uhura (CG 1989 N Nichols) appears out of the trees and we see Kirk, Spock and Bones (CG 1989 Nimoy and Kelley) enter the shuttlecraft. As they leave we see a marshmallow roasting on the fire, but the movie ends before we actually see it burn completely leaving it ambiguous whether he was still dreaming or not.

Hythlodeus September 21 2013 02:56 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
why?

Nerys Myk September 21 2013 04:29 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
Trek 3 will end with all the pieces in place and ready for Trek 4.

Jax September 21 2013 04:32 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
Quote:

Khan 2.0 wrote: (Post 8673958)
wonder how Trek 3 will end if it is to be the last one?

my take:

The heavily damaged Enterprise (refitted to look more like movies I-VI) is in its final battle with long haired bare chested Khan (Benedict Cumberbatch) and his army of renegade Klingon followers led by Commander Kruge (Benico Del Toro). Alone, with what was left of the crew evacuated and his bridge crew dead, Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) in a final act of desperation puts the ship on auto destruct and sets the ‘Genesis II’ carrying enterprise at the centre of a nearby nebula - on the burning bridge he fires all weapons at the armada of ships closing in as onscreen he watches the shuttle pod carrying Carol (Alice Eve) and infant son David escape to safety.... As the enterprise finally destroys Kruge's bird of prey, Kirk sets a collision course with Khans stolen Federation ship USS Reliant which has followed the enterprise into the nebula, and diverts all remaining power to forward phasers....Khans chilling voice is heard on speakers goading Kirk as he sits in the command chair for the final time and launches into a big 'KHHAAAAAN!!' yell….. And then, just before everything is about to go kaboom, the burned, bloodied, shirt ripped Kirk closes his eyes and reaches into his pocket…we see a strange look on his face. He pulls out a marshmallow, and starts to hear a overpowering loud noise “BRRRRAAAWWWWW!!!” then what sounds like Bones shouting 'Get that damn light outta ma face!'....

cut to: Kirk (CG 1989 William Shatner) awaking hungover in his sleeping bag by the deafening noise of a shuttlecraft landing. Empty bottles of bourbon and Romulan Ale surround him along with a copy of Quantum Mechanics Monthly and a bag of half eaten marsh 'melons' near the campfire.

A silver haired Uhura (CG 1989 N Nichols) appears out of the trees and we see Kirk, Spock and Bones (CG 1989 Nimoy and Kelley) enter the shuttlecraft. As they leave we see a marshmallow roasting on the fire, but the movie ends before we actually see it burn completely leaving it ambiguous whether he was still dreaming or not.

hmmm no.

I would like to see at least 2 more movies in 2016 and 2019 so thats a nice 10 year run. Then bring on a TNG reboot with the Borg :p but they have to be scary again.

Cinema Geekly September 21 2013 04:58 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
Quote:

Hythlodeus wrote: (Post 8674060)
why?

Well to be fair it would only work if it was Shatners cut of STV, cause if they had just let him make the picture with rock monsters it probably would have made a bajallion dollars. :guffaw:

The Keeper September 21 2013 05:09 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
PrimeSpock somehow re-creates a red-matter Blackhole and, along with US, disappears through it back to the Primeline. His final message to the people of this backwards universe; So long, and thanks for all the fish! Roll credits.

thumbtack September 21 2013 05:49 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
Quote:

Nerys Myk wrote: (Post 8674315)
Trek 3 will end with all the pieces in place and ready for Trek 4.

Or Abrams' epic Mission Impossible/Star Trek crossover movie.

WarpFactorZ September 21 2013 05:53 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
Quote:

thumbtack wrote: (Post 8674558)
Quote:

Nerys Myk wrote: (Post 8674315)
Trek 3 will end with all the pieces in place and ready for Trek 4.

Or Abrams' epic Mission Impossible/Star Trek crossover movie.

Yes, get Tom Cruise to be the antagonist. He never actually faces Kirk for a showdown, because he inexplicably runs in every scene he is in....

SeerSGB September 21 2013 05:54 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
If we're going to end Abrams take on III:

* Kirk promoted to Commodore; Kirk and Carol married, Carol pregnant.

* Spock takes command of Enterprise, Sulu as his XO.

* Spock and Uhura (maybe) married--can't figure out how to work that one and keep both on the Enterprise.

* If we have to have Prime Spock back, give him a dignified death.

CorporalClegg September 21 2013 06:16 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
With a credit roll.

Set Harth September 21 2013 06:17 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
I'll tell you how it should end.

Evil Cackling Bad Guy ( whoever it is ) turns up at Earth.

Only Ship In Range trope appears to be in effect, as usual.

Evil Cackling Bad Guy: "Haha! Earth is totally undefended, as usual!"

A sudden Trope Subversion Event occurs.

About 120 Federation ships suddenly warp in, GUNS BLAZING.

publiusr September 21 2013 09:19 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
That I'd like to see.

C.E. Evans September 21 2013 09:26 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
I think it should end with the Enterprise crew all together on the bridge:

KIRK: Mr. Sulu, ahead warp factor one.
SULU: Warp one, sir.
CHEKOV: Heading, Keptin?
KIRK (waving absently towards the viewscreen and the starfield beyond): Out there...thataway.

(Enterprise jumps to warp speed).

SeerSGB September 21 2013 09:39 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
Quote:

Set Harth wrote: (Post 8674657)
I'll tell you how it should end.

Evil Cackling Bad Guy ( whoever it is ) turns up at Earth.

Only Ship In Range trope appears to be in effect, as usual.

Evil Cackling Bad Guy: "Haha! Earth is totally undefended, as usual!"

A sudden Trope Subversion Event occurs.

About 120 Federation ships suddenly warp in, GUNS BLAZING.

Variation on the theme:

* Kirk is captured, restrained on the bridge of the enemy ship.
* Enterprise in pursuit
* Kirk warning the villain that when he gets to Earth he's toast
* Villian scoffs.
* Both ships drop out of warp right into a waiting Federation fleet with the guns ran out.
* Kirk told you so moment.

Khan 2.0 September 21 2013 10:40 PM

Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)
 
did you get the Inception style dream logic of the OP?

-khan & kruge, kirks 2 greatest enemies (who both wanted genesis) teaming up would have a nightmarish quality to it
-dying alone (discussed around the campfire in V)
-genesis and its imminent destruction in the nebula recall Khans demise (although inversed like the Kirk/Spock end in STID - this time its Kirk not Khan)
-setting the Ent on destruct recalling the nightmarish events of III
-dream/wish fulfilment of saving David
-Carol & Davids escape as he fends of attack recall his own escape with his mother and his fathers heroism (although hed be dreaming of what hed previously dreamt as the events of ST09 would only exist in Kirk Primes dream)
-Romulan ale & reading ‘QM Monthly’ before falling asleep = what sets off the whole dream of Nero and changed timeline
-reason why so much stuff in ST09/STID were call backs to events already gone by = because it was all a dream of Kirk Prime
-‘life is but a dream’ sung and being discussed just before falling asleep


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.