The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Your Favourite Star Trek Story Line...... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=226456)

Nero's Shadow September 20 2013 12:46 PM

Your Favourite Star Trek Story Line......

I've been watching Star Trek Enterprise on CBS Action and at the moment it's showing season 3. I've seen this season many times owning it on DVD as you may all know season 3 had a Continuing storyline for the whole season featuring the enemy known as the XINDI.:alienblush::alienblush:

I'm a big Star Trek fan and have enjoyed and followed every film and every TV series but I consider the XINDI storyline the best story line from the franchise. So it got me thinking as a fan what's your favourite storyline and why. ??? :techman::bolian:

Yanks September 20 2013 01:26 PM

Re: Your Favourite Star Trek Story Line......

Quote:

Nero's Shadow wrote: (Post 8669314)
I've been watching Star Trek Enterprise on CBS Action and at the moment it's showing season 3. I've seen this season many times owning it on DVD as you may all know season 3 had a Continuing storyline for the whole season featuring the enemy known as the XINDI.:alienblush::alienblush:

I'm a big Star Trek fan and have enjoyed and followed every film and every TV series but I consider the XINDI storyline the best story line from the franchise. So it got me thinking as a fan what's your favourite storyline and why. ??? :techman::bolian:

I also liked the Xindi story. Much maligned by some because it wasn't the Romulan War or the Xindi weren't the Xendi (TNG).

You pose a difficult question - one that I don't remember discussing before. I'll have to ponder some.

BillJ September 20 2013 01:31 PM

Spock's character arc starting with The Cage and ending with Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

jpv2000 September 20 2013 03:13 PM

The Wrath of Khan trilogy! :techman::bolian::techman:

Loved the entire story, from the beginning to the ultimate Trek ending, "My friends, we've come home."

Yanks September 20 2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 8669419)
Spock's character arc starting with The Cage and ending with Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Wow, that's a big one! :)

Quote:

jpv2000 wrote: (Post 8669800)
The Wrath of Khan trilogy! :techman::bolian::techman:

Loved the entire story, from the beginning to the ultimate Trek ending, "My friends, we've come home."

Snif, snif.

Those movies were so moving...

dub September 20 2013 04:10 PM

Absolutely TWOK trilogy (the original and still the best)! I also thoroughly enjoyed season 3 of Enterprise. But my favorite, of course, is DS9 and the dominion war + Emissary storyline (and all of the character arcs, relationships and side stories that go along for the ride). So basically, all of DS9. :biggrin:

BillJ September 20 2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Yanks wrote: (Post 8669944)
Quote:

I love the Abrams films (and their version of Spock) but they are totally incapable of doing the same justice to Spock's character arc because they don't have ninety-plus hours of screen time to explore who he is.

It would be like trying to compress the last five seasons of Deep Space Nine into three two-hour films.

Yanks September 20 2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 8670415)
Quote:

Yanks wrote: (Post 8669944)
Quote:

I love the Abrams films (and their version of Spock) but they are totally incapable of doing the same justice to Spock's character arc because they don't have ninety-plus hours of screen time to explore who he is.

It would be like trying to compress the last five seasons of Deep Space Nine into three two-hour films.

Agree. Exactly why Spock should have such deep emotions WRT Kirk in nuTrek ;)

King Daniel Into Darkness September 20 2013 08:29 PM

Another vote for the epic Xindi arc. It was the first time in many years that I couldn't wait for next week's episode of Trek.

I also like the idea of Trek as the saga of Spock, from excitable young science officer in "The Cage" all the way through to wise old sage in Star Trek Into Darkness.

And Voyager's long journey home.

CorporalClegg September 20 2013 09:03 PM

"Year of Hell" right up until they ruined it.

Enterprise is Great September 20 2013 09:26 PM

My favorites would be the Xindi arc, the Dominion War and the Klingon arc on TNG.

David.Blue September 20 2013 09:56 PM

Methinks I'll have to go with the Dominion War, not because it lacks flaws but because it (1) Introduced some genuinely interesting and ground-shaking elements into the Trekverse, like Section 31 and (2) Included some of the very best episodes ever.

DonIago September 20 2013 10:29 PM

I'll go with the Dominion War as well, though TWoK through TVH offer some of the best moments for the original crew.

garaks the best September 21 2013 01:12 AM

Dominion war.

Gojira September 21 2013 02:00 AM

I will have to go with the TWOK trilogy.