The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Windows Updates (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=225649)

Alidar Jarok September 12 2013 09:43 PM

Windows Updates

Every time I restart my computer, there are additional windows updates. Is this happening to anyone else because it's starting to get a bit weird (this is number three or four in a row in the past two days)?

kirsten187 September 12 2013 09:56 PM

Re: Windows Updates

Well I've just had a 24 update this evening but this is the first one in a while.

Alidar Jarok September 12 2013 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, looking at Windows Updates, it seems like the same ones are repeating over and over again (see attachment)? The bottom part of the image are the two updates they want me to install now. I didn't intend this to be a tech support thread, but this is annoying.

Alidar Jarok September 13 2013 01:10 AM

I just searched the specific update: Link

Quote:

Known issues with this security update

You may be repeatedly offered this update even though it is already installed. Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
Sonofabitch :lol:

I guess no one else has had this issue?

Ar-Pharazon September 13 2013 01:14 AM

What I can't figure out is, when I reinstalled Win7 a few months ago and installed SP1 manually pretty much right away, why it wanted to do literally hundreds of updates afterwards.

Surely most of those were included in SP1?

ETA: At this point, mine wants to do that KB2760411. I wonder if it will want to do it multiple times, or, since there's also the KB2760588, maybe I should hide the earlier one.

I guess I'll find out.

Marc September 13 2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Alidar Jarok wrote: (Post 8637841)
I just searched the specific update: Link

Quote:

Known issues with this security update

You may be repeatedly offered this update even though it is already installed. Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
Sonofabitch :lol:

I guess no one else has had this issue?

Been big news. Three patches that affected Office 2007 have been causing people more than few issues starting with multiple attempts to try and install.

http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft...-update-226594

JarodRussell September 13 2013 04:24 PM

It seems I can't even download any Windows Updates. It tells me there are 32 updates, but it gets stuck during the download.

Peach Wookiee September 13 2013 06:48 PM

Those 2007 updates keep coming on mine. Just annoying.

Bisz September 13 2013 07:53 PM

After being a Windows snob for over 15 years I got a Mac about 3 years ago... my computer based stress level reduced by 90%.

Peach Wookiee September 13 2013 08:24 PM

I'm not going to worry too much about it. It's just a minor annoyance in the scheme of things.

M'Sharak September 13 2013 11:00 PM

I had two security updates for MS Office 2007 which would install, and then immediately be available for installation again. Numbers were KB2760588 and KB2760411, and there was a third number coming up for some users.

Following instructions on Microsoft's own page about it and a couple of others, I uninstalled the updates and hid new ones from Windows Updater until Microsoft gets their act together on this.

Peach Wookiee September 14 2013 12:14 AM

Update: It looks like they've cleared the issue at least with the updates for the 2007 suite.

Ar-Pharazon September 14 2013 01:00 AM

It hasn't wanted to reinstall those I did yesterday.

Could be worse. There was that update that made Win7 think it wasn't authentic. Then there's the one that makes the white border appear around the calendar gadget.

Peach Wookiee September 14 2013 01:01 AM

That didn't take too long, all things considered.

Alidar Jarok September 14 2013 05:08 AM

Doesn't seem to be working for me :(