The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies I-X (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Insurrection: Reverse Aging? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=225001)

austen_pierce September 6 2013 05:33 PM

Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

Soooo, soon after Enterprise E arrives at the Bak'u world, the crew begins to rejuvenate. Picard grows dark stubble, Worf gets a zit, Geordi gets new eyes, and Troi/Crusher get... well... firmer.

Why doesn't this happen to Admiral Dougherty? Or to the Sona for that matter? They've been there weeks, perhaps months longer than Enterprise.

T'Girl September 6 2013 06:22 PM

Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

In the case of Admiral Doughterty, it likely did, I think that is what was behind his comment to Picard that Picard looked "rested."

With the Sona, while they too likely felt slightly better, they were so far gone that the effects of just recieving normal exposure to the radiation was next to nothing.

:)

JarodRussell September 6 2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

austen_pierce wrote: (Post 8606704)
Soooo, soon after Enterprise E arrives at the Bak'u world, the crew begins to rejuvenate. Picard grows dark stubble, Worf gets a zit, Geordi gets new eyes, and Troi/Crusher get... well... firmer.

Why doesn't this happen to Admiral Dougherty? Or to the Sona for that matter? They've been there weeks, perhaps months longer than Enterprise.

They state in the film that it takes more time to repair the damage the older you get.

And besides, who knows how old Dougherty appeared before he entered the Briar Patch?

J. Allen September 6 2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

JarodRussell wrote: (Post 8608108)
Quote:

austen_pierce wrote: (Post 8606704)

They state in the film that it takes more time to repair the damage the older you get.

And besides, who knows how old Dougherty appeared before he entered the Briar Patch?

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1135/kldq.jpg

austen_pierce September 6 2013 11:08 PM

^^^Awesome.

I don't know though. I can accept that the Sona are so far gone, they can't wait for the normal effects. But Dougherty I still think should have shown some signs of reversal as the film progressed. Maybe just gradually darkened his hair?

jpv2000 September 7 2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

austen_pierce wrote: (Post 8608630)
^^^Awesome.

Indeed. :rofl:

CommishSleer September 7 2013 03:48 PM

Didn't they mention only 'good' people receive the effects of the Briar Patch, those whose hearts are pure like the Baku and the Enterprise crew.

That makes about as much sense as anything else.

T'Girl September 7 2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

JarodRussell wrote: (Post 8608108)

I don't remember that.

Hober Mallow September 7 2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

^^^Awesome.

I don't know though. I can accept that the Sona are so far gone, they can't wait for the normal effects. But Dougherty I still think should have shown some signs of reversal as the film progressed. Maybe just gradually darkened his hair?

Well, he did get a face-lift.

Gaith September 8 2013 02:36 AM

Maybe they need to be on the planet's surface, outside the observation lab, to be affected? I don't recall if that's consistent with what we do see...

austen_pierce September 8 2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Hober Mallow wrote: (Post 8613316)
Quote:

^^^Awesome.

Well, he did get a face-lift.

Muhahahahahaaaaa!!!!:guffaw::rofl:

T'Girl September 8 2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 8614531)
Maybe they need to be on the planet's surface, outside the observation lab, to be affected? I don't recall if that's consistent with what we do see...

The crew of the Enterprise E start to show some signs of improvement as soon as the ship enters the Briar Patch.

Gaith September 9 2013 12:34 AM

Well, don't look at me, I didn't write the script. ;)

jpv2000 September 9 2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

T'Girl wrote: (Post 8618170)
Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 8614531)

The crew of the Enterprise E start to show some signs of improvement as soon as the ship enters the Briar Patch.

Excellent point.