The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   What class ship would you want to serve aboard? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=224881)

Infern0 September 5 2013 12:04 PM

What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Me personally I'd like to serve on a Galaxy Class ship, big, luxurious and beautiful.

Mario de Monti September 5 2013 12:30 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
From a Trek fan point of view IŽd take the TOS Enterprise - IŽd just LOVE to walk through those corridors, visit sickbay, engineering, the bridge, etc. and examine every little detail.

Speaking in-universe, IŽd probably take the Galaxy class as well - living quarters with lots of space for everyone and the holodecks alone are reason enough to wanna be there :)

Mario

Ethros September 5 2013 12:52 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
A Miranda class ship, during the Dominion War. I'd feel so safe.

Forbin September 5 2013 01:10 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Definitely galaxy. Exploring the unknown in a 5-star hotel. Your favorite foods appear at a spoken word, your high school crushes available for nooky in the holodeck, alien vistas right out the window. Just keep an eye on that starboard power coupling.

anh165 September 5 2013 01:27 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Quote:

Infern0 wrote: (Post 8601265)
Me personally I'd like to serve on a Galaxy Class ship, big, luxurious and beautiful.

Looks pretty dated and not so big next to the JJ Enterprise.

jpv2000 September 5 2013 01:44 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Quote:

Forbin wrote: (Post 8601415)
Definitely galaxy. Exploring the unknown in a 5-star hotel. Your favorite foods appear at a spoken word, your high school crushes available for nooky in the holodeck, alien vistas right out the window. Just keep an eye on that starboard power coupling.

I've got to go with the Galaxy as well, for all the reasons listed by Forbin.

The Galaxy is just about my least favorite class to watch or read adventures about, but for comfort and perks it would be hard to beat.

King Daniel Into Darkness September 5 2013 01:50 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Alternate reality Constitution class. Although I'd need to remember to pack sunglasses. Shedloads of action and excitement guarenteed. After all, if you're out in space and exploring new worlds, and you need a holodeck to have any fun, you're doing it wrong.

Mage September 5 2013 02:57 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Quote:

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: (Post 8601529)
After all, if you're out in space and exploring new worlds, and you need a holodeck to have any fun, you're doing it wrong.

LOL!!! :D

Me, I'd go for the Sovereign. Love the design, but also just as comfy as the Galaxy but a bit more modern, uprated tech and no kids wandering the corridors. Don't get me wrong, I love kids. But they have no business on a starship.

Bry_Sinclair September 5 2013 03:12 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
One of four and I'd be happy:

Ambassador - A far better looking ship than the Galaxy and woefully underused in Trek, I've loved the look of her since she first emerged from that temporal anomaly--even all banged and bruised.
Excelsior - A stunning ship, with a long and impressive lineage (beaten only by the Miranda).
Miranda - The Ford truck of starships, it hasn't lasted as long as it had without good reason.
Sabre - I love this little ship and with only 40-odd crew onboard the chance for recognition and promotion would be better.

austen_pierce September 5 2013 05:31 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Quote:

Ethros wrote: (Post 8601376)
A Miranda class ship, during the Dominion War. I'd feel so safe.

POOF! Ha!

Quote:

Mage wrote: (Post 8601715)
Quote:

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: (Post 8601529)
After all, if you're out in space and exploring new worlds, and you need a holodeck to have any fun, you're doing it wrong.

LOL!!! :D

Me, I'd go for the Sovereign. Love the design, but also just as comfy as the Galaxy but a bit more modern, uprated tech and no kids wandering the corridors. Don't get me wrong, I love kids. But they have no business on a starship.

Sovereign for me too. Sleek sexy design, reminiscent of the best parts of 1701A and Excelsior. Maybe the Ent-J, wherever that class is... Would be interesting to see and know more about life that far into the future.

B.J. September 5 2013 05:39 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Nebula class! I just love the look of them, plus they have all the comforts of a Galaxy class.

Gojira September 5 2013 05:39 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Ambassador Class for me. I just love the design of that ship.

serdogthehound September 5 2013 05:40 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Since I think I would be a Lawyer in any timeline if I was in Starfleet I would be JAG officer on a Starbase. If I was a line officer like a NX-class or earlier like the SS Valiant It would just be interest to see things in that early early era

Nine of Four September 5 2013 10:01 PM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Newton type, because they look amazing!!!! :)

The Wormhole September 6 2013 01:36 AM

Re: What class ship would you want to serve aboard?
 
Excelsior or Nebula - working grunts of the fleet. Defiant would be a nice choice too.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.