The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   True Blood staked (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=224698)

Bob The Skutter September 3 2013 08:24 PM

True Blood staked

HBO have announced that season 7 of True Blood will be the last.

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/tv-...ews-true-blood

Starbreaker September 3 2013 08:30 PM

Re: True Blood staked

Not surprised. I was expecting a 2 year renewal, but this isn't a bad idea.

Captaindemotion September 3 2013 08:33 PM

No bad thing. IMHO, it jumped the shark around the time the werewolves joined. Maybe season 6, which has yet to air over here, sees a return to form but I've found the last few seasons disappointing.

Dream September 3 2013 08:34 PM

This show is still on? ;)

It's okay. The vampire craze seems to come and go every couple of years!

Bob The Skutter September 3 2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Captaindemotion wrote: (Post 8593840)
No bad thing. IMHO, it jumped the shark around the time the werewolves joined. Maybe season 6, which has yet to air over here, sees a return to form but I've found the last few seasons disappointing.

From what I've heard season 6 is all over the place.

Captaindemotion September 3 2013 08:44 PM

^A shame but on the basis of the last few, that doesn't surprise me. The first couple of seasons, I was hooked and every cliffhanger left me going 'AAAARGGHHH' as I impatiently waited to see what happened next. Now, there are just too many stories and characters, with nothing really gelling.

Bob The Skutter September 3 2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Captaindemotion wrote: (Post 8593900)
^A shame but on the basis of the last few, that doesn't surprise me. The first couple of seasons, I was hooked and every cliffhanger left me going 'AAAARGGHHH' as I impatiently waited to see what happened next. Now, there are just too many stories and characters, with nothing really gelling.

I'm reading book 8 at the minute and I'm not surprised the series got confused judging from the books. I gave up watching a season or two ago.

Captaindemotion September 3 2013 09:07 PM

I understood that the books and series had diverged some ways quite some time ago. More of a Dexter situation than a Game of Thrones one. I'll probably stick with TB till the end as I'm a completist, but the wife has pretty much given up on it.

Savage Dragon September 3 2013 09:18 PM

Season 6 was definitely their weakest season. Hopefully they can redeem themselves with the final season.

AvBaur September 3 2013 09:18 PM

The show stopped being good some time in season two, although I did keep on enjoying it as a kind of guilty pleasure and thought the most recent season was something of a return to form. Still, I'm not too broken up about the cancellation.

RJDiogenes September 3 2013 10:23 PM

Well, it had a pretty good run. It's never disappointed me, since it was simply Grand Guignol from the beginning, but I'm not surprised to see it end.

ialfan September 3 2013 11:08 PM

Was really hoping for a two-year renewal to wrap things up. I'm just not sure if they can do it in ten episodes and not feel rushed.

Beagleman September 4 2013 09:55 PM

Well, at least they know beforehand. For me the turning point was about the time Bill became king, since then it was quite hit-and-miss for me, still enjoyed it but they never reached the great first three seasons (which kinda reminds me of Dexter...).

Mr. Adventure September 5 2013 01:07 AM

I'd say it's the right time and maybe forcing their hand will result in a somewhat focused conclusion.

Davros September 5 2013 01:28 AM

I'll miss the lovely Deborah Anne Wohl.