The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rare post TOS pic... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=224695)

Warped9 September 3 2013 08:07 PM

Rare post TOS pic...

I came across this while googling something else. I've never seen it before and it was on a site called geektyrant.

Sept. 17th, 1976---almost exactly thirty-seven years ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps83757145.gif

TREK_GOD_1 September 3 2013 08:21 PM

Re: Rare post TOS pic...

Red "X"

Warped9 September 3 2013 08:24 PM

Doohan's shirt kills me. :lol:

Melakon September 3 2013 08:59 PM

Nimoy seems to be evoking Spock Disdain at the photographer.

Warped9 September 3 2013 09:08 PM

Deforest Kelley looks like he's thinking: "What kind of fuckin' shoes is this guy wearing?" :lol:

BillJ September 3 2013 09:12 PM

Awesome photo! Thanks for posting it. :techman:

fiddy112 September 3 2013 09:20 PM

Very cool picture. I thought that the entire crew was there for the launch like Shatner, etc?

GSchnitzer September 3 2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

fiddy112 wrote: (Post 8594119)
Very cool picture. I thought that the entire crew was there for the launch like Shatner, etc?

Well you are right: the et ceteras like Shatner were all there; only Shatner himself wasn't.

Robert Comsol September 3 2013 09:51 PM

That picture would have been much better suited for the already existing thread here, but I understand if you felt the thread title to be too offensive (though it is true). ;)

Bob

Warped9 September 3 2013 09:59 PM

^^ Oops! I didn't even know that existed.

jpv2000 September 3 2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

GSchnitzer wrote: (Post 8594221)
Quote:

Well you are right: the et ceteras like Shatner were all there; only Shatner himself wasn't.

True. Was the reason he didn't attend ever given? I've always wondered why he didn't show up.

Push The Button September 4 2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

jpv2000 wrote: (Post 8594887)
Quote:

Quote:

True. Was the reason he didn't attend ever given? I've always wondered why he didn't show up.

Perhaps Shatner was trying to distance himself from the Kirk role at that time, so that he wouldn't be typecast? Or maybe he just woke up late that morning and missed his plane.

The well-known press photo taken in front of the shuttle shows all of the main seven less Shatner, plus Gene Roddenberry, all dressed in some really hideous clothing.

BoredShipCapt'n September 4 2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Robert Comsol wrote: (Post 8594257)
That picture would have been much better suited for the already existing thread here, but I understand if you felt the thread title to be too offensive (though it is true). ;)

Bob

I have introduced it over there, with proper credit.

trevanian September 4 2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Push The Button wrote: (Post 8595124)
Quote:

jpv2000 wrote: (Post 8594887)
Quote:

Perhaps Shatner was trying to distance himself from the Kirk role at that time, so that he wouldn't be typecast? Or maybe he just woke up late that morning and missed his plane.

The well-known press photo taken in front of the shuttle shows all of the main seven less Shatner, plus Gene Roddenberry, all dressed in some really hideous clothing.

FWIR, Shatner was doing what he did pretty much every day that decade, working. Probably KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS or a game show.

loved Doohan with the beard, it's almost Connery-esque.

Mario de Monti September 4 2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

trevanian wrote: (Post 8595406)
loved Doohan with the beard, it's almost Connery-esque.

THATīS who he reminded me of! Thanks :techman: