The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=223831)

alpha_leonis August 26 2013 07:05 PM

Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills
 
So a friend of mine and I were discussing the change in appearance of the ST:ID Klingons, and we were wondering how much of the difference is related to the fact that the only Klingon whose face we saw -- was also hairless. All Klingons we've seen before have had abundant hair (head plus face.)

Is there a Photoshop-proficient user here who is able to take one of the common screen-grabs of the ST:ID Klingon, and add hair and fu-manchu per the regular Klingon style? How would that affect his appearance compared to the Klingons we've all seen before?

BillJ August 26 2013 07:10 PM

Re: Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills
 
Quote:

alpha_leonis wrote: (Post 8559550)

Is there a Photoshop-proficient user here who is able to take one of the common screen-grabs of the ST:ID Klingon, and add hair and fu-manchu per the regular Klingon style? How would that affect his appearance compared to the Klingons we've all seen before?

You could just pull up a photo of General Chang from The Undiscovered Country. :techman:

Opus August 26 2013 09:38 PM

Re: Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills
 
From what I saw, other Klingons in STiD had hair under their helmets.

Therin of Andor August 26 2013 10:47 PM

Re: Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills
 
Seems to me the framegrab I saw of the unhelmeted STiD Klingon he had pointed ears. The promo for "Next issue" (ie. #25) in the back of the current Gorn comic ("IDW Ongoing" #24) has a drawn version of a similar Klingon, complete with cranial bone piercings, pale eyes and a pirate earring. Apart from the pointed ear, there's really not too much different compared to the wide range of canonical Klingon features we've seen from ST:TMP to "Enterprise".

IIRC, Valkris was drawn with a pointed ear in DC Comics' ST III adaptation way back when.

Geoff Peterson August 27 2013 02:15 AM

Re: Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills
 
Quote:

alpha_leonis wrote: (Post 8559550)
So a friend of mine and I were discussing the change in appearance of the ST:ID Klingons, and we were wondering how much of the difference is related to the fact that the only Klingon whose face we saw -- was also hairless. All Klingons we've seen before have had abundant hair (head plus face.)

The first Klingons we see in Star Trek:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps7a580ea3.jpg

M'Sharak August 27 2013 05:30 AM

Re: Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills
 
Quote:

Nerys Myk wrote: (Post 8561380)
Quote:

alpha_leonis wrote: (Post 8559550)
So a friend of mine and I were discussing the change in appearance of the ST:ID Klingons, and we were wondering how much of the difference is related to the fact that the only Klingon whose face we saw -- was also hairless. All Klingons we've seen before have had abundant hair (head plus face.)

The first Klingons we see in Star Trek:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps7a580ea3.jpg

Later on, in "Day of the Dove," we see a mix of facial hair and clean-shaven Klingons, plus this guy, who sports a goatee but is a bit shiny on top.

Borgminister August 27 2013 08:10 AM

Re: Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills
 
It's the Klingon Cupcake!

F. King Daniel August 28 2013 01:23 PM

Re: Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills
 
The Klingon concept art here might help.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.