The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   A clue about DRGIII´s next Trek novel?? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=223621)

Mage August 24 2013 04:44 PM

A clue about DRGIII´s next Trek novel??

I just got my copy of Revelation and Dust in, and although I haven't finished it yet, I do like to read the About The Author at the end of every novel I get. Dunno why I do that. I don't read the last page or anything.

Anyway, all it says is: You've reached in the end of Revelation and Dust, but David R George III will be back....in the lost era!!!

Well well, doesn't that sound interesting? :D

ryan123450 August 24 2013 05:40 PM

Re: A clue about DRGIII´s next Trek novel??

Wow I realize this could mean one of two things.
1. The Lost Era of the early 24th century. This would be pretty cool.
2. 'The lost era' of DS9's missing years. This would totally freaking amazing.

Christopher August 24 2013 05:46 PM

I doubt they'd reuse the phrase "the lost era" for something other than The Lost Era. That would be a little too misleading. Like if I referred to the 2009 movie as Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Sure, technically it's a motion picture named Star Trek, but it would still be a bad idea to refer to it that way.

Mage August 24 2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8550925)
I doubt they'd reuse the phrase "the lost era" for something other than The Lost Era. That would be a little too misleading. Like if I referred to the 2009 movie as Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Sure, technically it's a motion picture named Star Trek, but it would still be a bad idea to refer to it that way.

Well, it didn't say the lost era with capital, ie The Lost Era. So who knows what he means. But, truthfully, I do feel you're right, and that it will be The Lost Era we've seen sofar. Which is awesome, really.:D

Christopher August 24 2013 07:27 PM

^Perhaps that's because it'll be during "the lost era" but not be under that actual banner, like Cast No Shadow.

Mage August 24 2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8551270)
^Perhaps that's because it'll be during "the lost era" but not be under that actual banner, like Cast No Shadow.

You know, to me personally that book is so much a part of The Lost Era, I constantly forget it's not officially a part of it. I actually have it next the Lost Era novels in my bookcase.

tomswift2002 August 24 2013 11:41 PM

If any more "official" Lost Era novels do come out, hopefully they'll have the dates on the spines. I was reorganizing my bookshelves earlier this week, and that's one thing which I liked about the original Lost Era novels: the date on the spine.

DS9forever August 25 2013 05:56 PM

For me, 2377 to 2381 for the DS9 characters IS the Lost Era!

Thrawn August 25 2013 06:08 PM

Ooh! Ooh! Demora Sulu Enterprise-B book! Demora Sulu Enterprise-B book!

Please?

Reanok August 25 2013 06:24 PM

David R. George recently did an internet podcast and said his Lost era novel takes place in the Tos era and that it was a Captain he'd written about in a previous book. He's taking a break from writing about the Tng & Ds9 characters.

Mage August 25 2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Thrawn wrote: (Post 8554843)
Ooh! Ooh! Demora Sulu Enterprise-B book! Demora Sulu Enterprise-B book!

Please?

THIS!!!

Thrawn August 25 2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Reanok wrote: (Post 8554903)
David R. George recently did an internet podcast and said his Lost era novel takes place in the Tos era and that it was a Captain he'd written about in a previous book. He's taking a break from writing about the Tng & Ds9 characters.

My theory fits so far...

The Wormhole August 25 2013 10:32 PM

Or it could also be another Enterprise B adventure with Harriman in command. Hey, he was captain for nearly twenty years, plenty of story material there.

ryan123450 August 25 2013 10:36 PM

I also realized this must be The Lost Era and not the DS9 gap when DRGIII said on his facebook page that whether there would be any more DS9 novels would probably depend on how well Revelations and Dust sells.

Disappointing again.

tomswift2002 August 25 2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

ryan123450 wrote: (Post 8555887)
weather

Are we talking cats and dogs or water here?