The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=223615)

StCoop August 24 2013 03:22 PM

Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
...was shown at the Edinburgh Television Festival today.

http://s21.postimg.org/ydlin7z3b/BSb..._jpg_large.jpg

Who's the other person in the shot and is it just the reflection on the screen making them look see-through?

Emperor-Tiberius August 24 2013 03:46 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
*faints from excitement*

The Mirrorball Man August 24 2013 04:24 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
I'm starting to feel a little left out.

Lonemagpie August 24 2013 04:36 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
Quote:

StCoop wrote: (Post 8550607)
...was shown at the Edinburgh Television Festival today.

http://s21.postimg.org/ydlin7z3b/BSb..._jpg_large.jpg

Who's the other person in the shot and is it just the reflection on the screen making them look see-through?

It looks like Tennant's lapel and tie, so I wonder if the pic is taken just as a transition from one shot to another is in progress

ETA- in fact it also seems to have Ten's hair and jawline, looking away from the audience, so I'm pretty certain it's a pic taken partway through a fade from a shot of all three to a closer shot of Ten looking at Eleven.

StCoop August 24 2013 04:41 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
They even get to see stuff from it in China.

http://instagram.com/p/dZZX12EUXd/#

sttngfan1701d August 25 2013 07:30 AM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
This is getting stupid. Fuck you, BBC. Fuck you.

What exactly is wrong with making it a treat for them but releasing it a day later for the rest of us?

Green Lantern August 25 2013 10:21 AM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
Beat me to it. :P

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...23023281_n.jpg

Professor Zoom August 25 2013 06:05 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
Quote:

sttngfan1701d wrote: (Post 8553676)
This is getting stupid. Fuck you, BBC. Fuck you.

What exactly is wrong with making it a treat for them but releasing it a day later for the rest of us?

Are you not going to see the 50th if you don't see a trailer?

sttngfan1701d August 25 2013 09:12 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
Quote:

Professor Zoom wrote: (Post 8554837)
Quote:

sttngfan1701d wrote: (Post 8553676)
This is getting stupid. Fuck you, BBC. Fuck you.

What exactly is wrong with making it a treat for them but releasing it a day later for the rest of us?

Are you not going to see the 50th if you don't see a trailer?

Of course I'll watch it. But like I said in the Comic Con trailer thread, this makes NO SENSE. Trailers serve to get your audience excited. There have now been two of these trailers that all fans will never see because they've been "exclusive" to a small group of people. What exactly is wrong with releasing them to the whole fanbase to get EVERYONE excited? There wouldn't be a show without the fanbase, after all. If you continue to do this crap people will start feeling left out.

Now I know we will eventually get a trailer for the 50th, but this is still dumb.

Professor Zoom August 25 2013 10:04 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
Quote:

sttngfan1701d wrote: (Post 8555614)
Quote:

Professor Zoom wrote: (Post 8554837)
Quote:

sttngfan1701d wrote: (Post 8553676)
This is getting stupid. Fuck you, BBC. Fuck you.

What exactly is wrong with making it a treat for them but releasing it a day later for the rest of us?

Are you not going to see the 50th if you don't see a trailer?

Of course I'll watch it. But like I said in the Comic Con trailer thread, this makes NO SENSE. Trailers serve to get your audience excited.

Sure. But, there are certain people who already seem excited and all but certain to watch. Everyone in this forum for example.

Quote:


There have now been two of these trailers that all fans will never see because they've been "exclusive" to a small group of people. What exactly is wrong with releasing them to the whole fanbase to get EVERYONE excited? There wouldn't be a show without the fanbase, after all.

I'm going to be blunt: you sound entitled. The vast majority of the people who watch probably wouldn't identify as the "fanbase." They don't dress up, they don't go to comic-cons, and they don't post on the net.

Why waste trailers now when the show is months away? It'll get lost in the shuffle.

You are already a locked in audience member. I'm a locked in audience member. Everyone in this subforum is a locked in audience member.

Quote:

If you continue to do this crap people will start feeling left out.
I think it would affect advertising if they lost you as a viewing audience. But, we are the fanbase, the show would probably be cancelled before the fanbase stops watching.

Quote:


Now I know we will eventually get a trailer for the 50th, but this is still dumb.
I don't disagree with you entirely. I just don't think it's worth taking it personally.

Captaindemotion August 25 2013 10:18 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
I think it's a little disappointing that they haven't put this or the comic-con trailer online. But I would imagine that closer to the date, the BBC will advertise the hell out of this. And while there might be some differences or variations in the trailers, I don't think we'll really be missing much. I mean, a trailer is a trailer and, at the end of the day, we're gonna get to see the actual special, which is the important thing.

I was surprised that they didn't show a clip on the special programme to reveal who the new Doctor was, but with hindsight, that programme was about the 12th Doctor, not the 50th.

MacLeod August 25 2013 10:19 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
^Well you could make an argument that because the BBC is funded via the License fee that in a sense those in the UK are entitled to it. Because they paid for it.

Of course they could just stik it on the website. But part of showing it to certain audiances is generate buzz about and get the papers/magazines writing about it.


But as you say it is several months away, however we are no leaving the summer and entering into Autumn so it's getting around the time the BBC will start to run trailers for AUtumn on the BBC.

The Wormhole August 25 2013 10:46 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
The first season 7 trailer was released 6 months prior to airdate. We're well within that bracket for the 50th. BBC really should have something, even if it is just a short teaser.

StalwartUK August 25 2013 10:59 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
If you're in the UK unless you visit internet forums you probably wouldn't even realise it was the 50th anniversary year.

No doubt there will be more "exclusive" trailers.

Allyn Gibson August 25 2013 11:37 PM

Re: Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...
 
Quote:

Captaindemotion wrote: (Post 8555815)
I think it's a little disappointing that they haven't put this or the comic-con trailer online. But I would imagine that closer to the date, the BBC will advertise the hell out of this.

Exactly. We're still three months away from the broadcast. There's not a lot of benefit to whipping the not-we audience into a frenzy now. By early October, though, we'll have trailers and interviews and the like.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.