The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=223018)

Therin of Andor August 18 2013 12:03 AM

Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
According to paulablock's and Terry J Erdmann's Facebook pages today, they have been approved to write their first "Star Trek" fiction eBook! Due 2014.

JD August 18 2013 02:41 AM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Very cool. I'm curious to see they handle fiction after all of the years of only doing non-fic.

King Daniel Into Darkness August 18 2013 11:10 AM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Paula wrote some Trek fanfic back in the fanzine era, although I don't believe I've read any of it.

CaptPapa August 18 2013 08:31 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Could be cool. Any indication of the time period, crew, era?

JD August 18 2013 08:50 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
I wonder if we're going to back to the e-books being an entry point for new writers like it seemed to be during SCE?

JWolf August 18 2013 09:00 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 8522839)
I wonder if we're going to back to the e-books being an entry point for new writers like it seemed to be during SCE?

That works for me. I just hope the whiners (I want this eBook in print now) will not whine about these eBooks.

Therin of Andor August 18 2013 10:30 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Quote:

CaptPapa wrote: (Post 8522791)
Could be cool. Any indication of the time period, crew, era?

No, they aren't elaborating yet. Links to Paula's famous fanfic are in the 2014 Schedule thread.

DS9forever December 7 2013 09:32 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Block has written for Star Trek before, the short story "The Girl Who Controlled Gene Kelly's Feet" in the first Strange New Worlds release.

borgboy December 7 2013 09:50 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Even though I get nearly all my non Trek books by Kindle now, I still get all my Trek books in print if it's an option, but will get the ebook exclusives without complaining. I have such a large collection of Trek books in print I like keeping getting them that way, and ridiculous as it is, it's quite a bit cheaper most of the time to get them in print that ebook!

T'Ressa Dax December 7 2013 10:27 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Quote:

borgboy wrote: (Post 8986720)
Even though I get nearly all my non Trek books by Kindle now, I still get all my Trek books in print if it's an option, but will get the ebook exclusives without complaining. I have such a large collection of Trek books in print I like keeping getting them that way, and ridiculous as it is, it's quite a bit cheaper most of the time to get them in print that ebook!


I get all of them on my Kindle now, but never on the release date, because usually the price comes down to something at least a little more reasonable within a few days.

bfollowell December 7 2013 10:44 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
OK, I don't read a lot of non-fiction, so please forgive my ignorance, but I don't believe I've ever heard of them. Could someone give some examples of their better known works?

Thanks.

- Byron

EDITED: OK. I see they're probably best known for the Trek 365 books.

Christopher December 7 2013 11:37 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
^I'd say they're best known for the DS9 Companion, which is the best and most in-depth of the series-companion books.

Dimesdan December 7 2013 11:57 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8987083)
^I'd say they're best known for the DS9 Companion, which is the best and most in-depth of the series-companion books.

In your not so humble opinion don't you mean.

I personally think the Voyager Companion is light years ahead of all the others. :p

Jarvisimo December 8 2013 09:51 AM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
^^ I think it can be taken as a broad internet opinion, from amazon and Goodbooks reviews:

TNG Companion (amazon.com; goodreads)
DS9 Companion (amazon.com; goodreads)
Voy Companion (amazon.com; goodreads)

DS9forever December 8 2013 05:24 PM

Re: Fiction eBook from Erdmann & Block!
 
Quote:

Dimesdan wrote: (Post 8987170)
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8987083)
^I'd say they're best known for the DS9 Companion, which is the best and most in-depth of the series-companion books.

In your not so humble opinion don't you mean.

I personally think the Voyager Companion is light years ahead of all the others. :p

You're joking right? All I remember from the VOY Companion is the author noting the episodes where a shuttlecraft was blown up.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.