The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies I-X (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=222799)

xvicente August 15 2013 01:57 PM

I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
http://9gag.com/gag/a2N5dOe

Peach Wookiee August 17 2013 02:43 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
You might want to add a little bit to your post. :)

xvicente August 18 2013 01:14 AM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
smart people get jokes.

Melakon August 18 2013 01:56 AM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
Quote:

xvicente wrote: (Post 8520127)
smart people get jokes.

Around here, if the first post of a thread contains only a link and nothing else, it's often thought to be spam. That's what the moderator was trying to tell you.

T'Girl August 18 2013 04:53 AM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
In the Pacific Northwest (America) it's pronounced "buuh forr."

:)

Maurice August 18 2013 10:36 AM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
Quote:

xvicente wrote: (Post 8520127)
smart people get jokes.

And rude people write things like that.

billcosby August 18 2013 01:36 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
I didn't click on the link.
Correct me if you must, but I would assume that writers spend a lot of time in restaurants. They get as hungry as non writers do.

T'Girl August 18 2013 08:30 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
What, writers don't have kitchens?

:)

Melakon August 18 2013 08:47 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
I thought writers always called the local sandwich shop for delivery. That's what Rob and Buddy and Sally did on The Dick Van Dyke Show.

MacLeod August 18 2013 09:53 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
If they are high enough up the pecking order they get the runner to goto the sandwich shop.

Peach Wookiee August 18 2013 11:06 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 8520319)
Quote:

xvicente wrote: (Post 8520127)
smart people get jokes.

Around here, if the first post of a thread contains only a link and nothing else, it's often thought to be spam. That's what the moderator was trying to tell you.

Thank you, Melakon. That was precisely my point. I clicked on and got the joke. However, it simply isn't wise to post a link without further comment.

Green Shirt August 19 2013 08:37 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 8522830)
I thought writers always called the local sandwich shop for delivery. That's what Rob and Buddy and Sally did on The Dick Van Dyke Show.

They helped keep Klinger employed after he got back from Korea. ;)

jazzstick August 22 2013 06:59 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
Quote:

xvicente wrote: (Post 8510860)

I guess the writers of Nemesis think we are a bunch of morons!


I often wonder if this movie was written as bad as it was just so they could kill the TNG crew story line...

Maestro August 22 2013 08:27 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
Quote:

Peach Wookiee wrote: (Post 8523370)
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 8520319)
Quote:

xvicente wrote: (Post 8520127)
smart people get jokes.

Around here, if the first post of a thread contains only a link and nothing else, it's often thought to be spam. That's what the moderator was trying to tell you.

Thank you, Melakon. That was precisely my point. I clicked on and got the joke. However, it simply isn't wise to post a link without further comment.

Joke's not really that funny in the first place (says a member of MENSA).

Pondwater August 22 2013 10:54 PM

Re: I guess the writers of Nemesis never went to this restaurant
 
It's a jab at text speak.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.