The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Amber Tamblyn (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=222469)

Gil T.Azell August 11 2013 11:37 PM

Amber Tamblyn
 
Has been cast as Charlies long lost illegitimate Lesbian Daughter on Two and half Men.

Story.

Guy Gardener August 11 2013 11:56 PM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
I love her, but that's disgustingly sexist.

Saying that a small boy is half a man fine.

Claiming (I read this in an interview) That Charlie and Alan shrinking and hunching from too much middle, would compensate for Jakes spurt into manhood... Well, that sounds quite dirty.

1 Woman = 1 half of a man.

(Now that we got that over with, can we just muddle through?)

Aldo August 12 2013 12:14 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
That's interesting, I hadn't realized she was married to David Cross. There's an odd mix if I ever saw one.

I foresee Jon Cryer leaving the show soon and than it won't even have any of the same actors...save for the house keeper, I guess.

Guy Gardener August 12 2013 12:36 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
$620,000 per episode.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1332480

Jon doesn't have to work, he must have millions upon millions in savings, but since he wants to work... Why work harder for less money in new a show that will be cancelled after half a season?

If he is an artist (cough!) maybe he would want to play a new character?

Maybe he wants to work behind the camera?

But he's going to be watching Angus from a distance... See how quickly that kid goes from C-list celebrity to begging for quarters outside the airport after that Church finishes swindling him.

bigdaddy August 12 2013 01:41 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
She is so much better than this. Must really want the money.

marksound August 12 2013 02:01 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
That show is way beyond a natural death. It's time to euthanize it.

Aldo August 12 2013 02:19 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 8497279)
She is so much better than this. Must really want the money.

I actually had that thought too when I read the article. I hope she just does her little recurring bit and than leaves.

I'm not even sure why she'd want to play a lesbian on 'Two and a Half Men?" Not that I have anything against her playing a lesbian per se, but to do it on this show?

WalkerBait August 12 2013 02:58 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
Ugh. Can that show just go away already?

Guy Gardener August 12 2013 03:08 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
They had to have some reason so that she wouldn't sleep with Waldon without Waldon being unsexy or seeing it as a challenge he must accept.

Hopefully that's the only reason and they're not dusting off their yellowed lesbian joke book.

(The book is yellowed, not the lesbians.)

Shamrock Bones August 12 2013 03:11 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
Interesting choice. Not who I expected.

bigdaddy August 12 2013 04:02 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
Quote:

Aldo wrote: (Post 8497414)
Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 8497279)
She is so much better than this. Must really want the money.

I actually had that thought too when I read the article. I hope she just does her little recurring bit and than leaves.

I'm not even sure why she'd want to play a lesbian on 'Two and a Half Men?" Not that I have anything against her playing a lesbian per se, but to do it on this show?


Was she a lesbian on House?

She was offered full time on House and I thought she said no to do broadway or something. So I find it weird she is doing this dead end dying show (just like House) even for 5 episodes and then maybe more. Weird.

Guy Gardener August 12 2013 04:12 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
Two and a Half Men is massively popular and will go on forever.

Saying otherwise will not change reality, just because it's made for idiots.

Geoff Peterson August 12 2013 04:21 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 8497756)
Two and a Half Men is massively popular and will go on forever.

Saying otherwise will not change reality, just because it's made for idiots.

Yep.

bigdaddy August 12 2013 04:51 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
It's already gone on forever, they have already lost two men, I can't picture the other one lasting much longer.

And I know it's shit, and it's been on way too long, but doesn't mean that Amber Tamblyn is still too good for this trash.

Aldo August 12 2013 04:59 AM

Re: Amber Tamblyn
 
Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 8497717)
Quote:

Aldo wrote: (Post 8497414)
Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 8497279)
She is so much better than this. Must really want the money.

I actually had that thought too when I read the article. I hope she just does her little recurring bit and than leaves.

I'm not even sure why she'd want to play a lesbian on 'Two and a Half Men?" Not that I have anything against her playing a lesbian per se, but to do it on this show?


Was she a lesbian on House?

I don't know, I stopped watching after Kal Penn left the show. That's not why I stopped watching, just happened to stop around that time.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.