The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Trek Lit authors at Nine Worlds (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=222292)

James Swallow August 9 2013 11:09 PM

Trek Lit authors at Nine Worlds

It's the Nine Worlds convention this weekend here in the UK, and for anyone attending, here's a head's-up about the "Star Trek Writers On Star Trek" panel running on Saturday from 3.15pm... For the first time, all the UK's current/recent Trek authors (which would be me, Una McCormack & David McIntee) will be together on one panel talking about our past & future Treks, The Fall and more. Any TrekBBSers, come say hello...

lvsxy808 August 10 2013 01:02 PM

Re: Trek Lit authors at Nine Worlds

Any hints on where?

Relayer1 August 10 2013 03:11 PM

I'm stuck at Auto Assembly (the UK Transformers convention) with Jr. this weekend but I'd have loved to see the Treklit panel.

It would be great if we could have something like the Treklit presence at Shore Leave. All the UK authors plus some visiting Americans.

Anyone fancy arranging it ?

Anyhow, can anyone post any news ?

John Clark August 10 2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

lvsxy808 wrote: (Post 8491630)
Any hints on where?

At the Raddison and Renaissance hotels near Heathrow I believe

https://nineworlds.co.uk/faq#faq_listings-page_2-2

Patrick O'Brien August 11 2013 07:21 PM

Wish I could make that forum.

Relayer1 August 11 2013 08:11 PM

So, any news ?

Lonemagpie August 12 2013 12:02 PM

That was fun!

James Swallow August 12 2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Lonemagpie wrote: (Post 8498428)
That was fun!

Wot he said! :D

Una McCormack August 12 2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

James Swallow wrote: (Post 8498479)
Quote:

Lonemagpie wrote: (Post 8498428)
That was fun!

Wot he said! :D

Thirded!

Relayer1 August 12 2013 08:48 PM

So, any hot news you authory types would like to share ?

Any chance of you doing something like this again ?

Lonemagpie August 12 2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Relayer1 wrote: (Post 8500390)

That's what you get for missing staff meetings...

Quote:

I dunno about Una, but Jim and I will be at the Star Trek Movie Marathon at the end of November, and there'll be a Nine Worlds next year...

We also tend to all frequent Redemption, but the next one of those is February 2015...

Una McCormack August 13 2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Lonemagpie wrote: (Post 8500762)
I dunno about Una, but Jim and I will be at the Star Trek Movie Marathon at the end of November

Is that the one in Lincoln? I'm likely to be otherwise engaged that weekend, so can't make it, sadly.

James Swallow August 13 2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Lonemagpie wrote: (Post 8500762)
Quote:

Relayer1 wrote: (Post 8500390)

Quote:

I dunno about Una, but Jim and I will be at the Star Trek Movie Marathon at the end of November, and there'll be a Nine Worlds next year...

We also tend to all frequent Redemption, but the next one of those is February 2015...

This is so; I think Dave & I will be doing one or more Q&As during the Movie Marathon event at the Ritz Cinema in Lincoln, and as he notes, Redemption is the UK con where you're most likely to catch us all in one place.

Personally, I'd like to come back to the USA and do Shore Leave again, or maybe one of the big mega-events like they just had in Las Vegas...

Any con-runners out there - American or otherwise! - who'd like to have us as guests, get in touch! (Especially if you're based in Ohio, as I'm thinking about a visit there to go see the USAF museum... :D)

Relayer1 August 13 2013 02:26 PM

If anyone out there does UK cons, it would be great to get James, Una and David together with a couple of the regular American authors. From their online presence here, Christopher, Greg, Kirsten and KRAD spring to mind.

I don't know how the economics work, but would there be a market for it ? What sort of numbers came to see you at Nine Worlds ?

Stevil2001 August 13 2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

James Swallow wrote: (Post 8502622)
Any con-runners out there - American or otherwise! - who'd like to have us as guests, get in touch! (Especially if you're based in Ohio, as I'm thinking about a visit there to go see the USAF museum... :D)

That's a great museum! When I lived in Cincinnati, I was up there every other year or so. Loved the whole hangar full of Air Force Ones.