The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Lindelof not writing next trek movie? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=221935)

Gsam August 6 2013 03:37 AM

Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
I'm starting to hear rumors about Lindelof not returning to write for next trek movie. Orci and Kurtzman are in the works to return.

Does anyone have solid info on this?

And what does everyone think if this development turns out to be true?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-return-599706

Set Harth August 6 2013 03:53 AM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
That coke ain't gonna snort itself.

Tosk August 6 2013 01:48 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
Meh. Having any of them return leaves me feeling empty inside.

Apparently Orci & Kurtzman are back for ST13 now, so I can look forward to the next film having several good character beats, some unmotivated-but-good action scenes, and make zero sense. :)

C.E. Evans August 6 2013 02:13 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
If it's true, we'd might end up with a movie that won't borrow so much from previous [prime universe] Trek movies (i.e, no nuKruge trying to steal some nuFederation super weapon).

Gojira August 6 2013 02:59 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
If they do get new writers, and even if they do not, I want to see something completely new and fresh without really any nods to the original series. Too many in the last film.

Jiangnan Freak August 6 2013 04:50 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
Quote:

Tosk wrote: (Post 8476420)
Meh. Having any of them return leaves me feeling empty inside.

Apparently Orci & Kurtzman are back for ST13 now, so I can look forward to the next film having several good character beats, some unmotivated-but-good action scenes, and make zero sense. :)

The second one made more sense than the first one.

bullethead August 6 2013 05:18 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
Quote:

Jiangnan Freak wrote: (Post 8477050)
Quote:

Tosk wrote: (Post 8476420)
Meh. Having any of them return leaves me feeling empty inside.

Apparently Orci & Kurtzman are back for ST13 now, so I can look forward to the next film having several good character beats, some unmotivated-but-good action scenes, and make zero sense. :)

The second one made more sense than the first one.

Only if you assume Admiral Marcus and Section 31 are literally dumber than the prison warden in Escape from New York. Seriously, sticking a remote detonation bomb inside Khan would've been one of the first things I would've done if I recruited him for S31.

Malaika August 6 2013 08:21 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
I won't miss Lindelof, if he's gone maybe there is hope the last movie won't end in a church with the characters preparing to go in paradise.

Cyrus August 6 2013 08:27 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
I don't know which parts of the script were written by Lindelof, but considering that I liked STID more than ST09 I don't view this as good news.

C.E. Evans August 6 2013 10:09 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
Quote:

Cyrus wrote: (Post 8477947)
I don't know which parts of the script were written by Lindelof, but considering that I liked STID more than ST09 I don't view this as good news.

It was Lindelof's idea for the movie to feature Khan and other nods to the original Trek continuity.

JarodRussell August 7 2013 07:52 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
I'm waiting for the headline that says "Lindelof Not Returning For Any Movies".

Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 8478400)
Quote:

Cyrus wrote: (Post 8477947)
I don't know which parts of the script were written by Lindelof, but considering that I liked STID more than ST09 I don't view this as good news.

It was Lindelof's idea for the movie to feature Khan and other nods to the original Trek continuity.

Is that indeed true? I know that was the case with Prometheus, and I always thought it might be Lindelof to blame for all the Khan stuff.

The Keeper August 7 2013 08:20 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
^Yeah.

[Damon Lindelof] argued for Khan from the beginning and I argued against it, said Orci.

The TBBS thread about that topic.

And an earlier statement by Orci led to this topic. Bob Orci's Comment: The Film Stood on its Own Without...[Spoilers]

I really wish Orci had stood his ground against Khan but o'well, water under the bridge now.

JarodRussell August 8 2013 12:13 AM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
Oh my, Lindelof is indeed full of crap then.

Hober Mallow August 8 2013 12:20 AM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
I'm more comfortable with Lindelof than I am with Orci and Kurtzman. Lindelof did some good stuff on LOST, but I've never seen anything written by Orci and Kurtzman that I thought was any good.

serenitytrek1 August 8 2013 07:26 PM

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?
 
I have just noticed something really strange about Orci and Kurtzman when it comes to films.

Many all their films (transformers 1 and 2, cowboys and aliens) seems to get bad reviews when JJ Abram's is not the director of the film.


I wonder how the critics would have judged STiD if JJ wasn't the director. I doubt it would be sitting comfortably at an 87% fresh on RT.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.