The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   RIP Michael Ansara (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=221446)

Gojira August 1 2013 07:15 PM

RIP Michael Ansara
 
Michael Ansara who played Kang on TOS and DSP passed away today at the age of 91.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5876/j57h.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BillJ August 1 2013 07:24 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
:(

I loved how he played Kang in Day of the Dove.

Melakon August 1 2013 07:33 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
I remember watching Michael on the old Broken Arrow series during the late '50s. And he was married to Barbara Eden while she was on I Dream of Jeannie. Lucky guy.

KQuita August 1 2013 07:51 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
A Death Howl goes out for a valiant warrior as he joins the Black Fleet. Prayers and sympathies go out to Barbara.

TREK_GOD_1 August 1 2013 07:53 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
Long, considerable career tied to so much work, particularly in great and/or popular TV.

For ST, his strong delivery as Kang was one of the best, charismatic ST villains, and matched Kirk as well as Khan or Kor.

AtoZ August 1 2013 08:18 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
Agree with last poster, Ansara was great as Kang with much screen presence.

I am sorry to hear of his passing.

Opus August 1 2013 08:33 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
RIP

Cheers to a great actor!

LOKAI of CHERON August 1 2013 08:36 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
RIP. Fantastic actor, loved his performance in "Day Of The Dove".

Gojira August 1 2013 08:44 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
Even though I am the OP I cannot find another sorce for his death. It was posted on a Facebook page but I cannot find this on a news source yet.

scotpens August 1 2013 08:56 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
Quote:

Gojira wrote: (Post 8455774)
Even though I am the OP I cannot find another sorce for his death. It was posted on a Facebook page but I cannot find this on a news source yet.

As of this posting, there's nothing about Ansara's death on any internet source. His Wikipedia bio is still in living-person mode, in the present tense. Is the news of his death premature? :confused:

Gojira August 1 2013 09:33 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
Quote:

scotpens wrote: (Post 8455834)
Quote:

Gojira wrote: (Post 8455774)
Even though I am the OP I cannot find another sorce for his death. It was posted on a Facebook page but I cannot find this on a news source yet.

As of this posting, there's nothing about Ansara's death on any internet source. His Wikipedia bio is still in living-person mode, in the present tense. Is the news of his death premature? :confused:

There was a Facebook page that was reporting his death. But so far I cannot find a news source to confirm it. So I might be the victim of a hoax.

Melakon August 1 2013 09:40 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
On his IMDB page, in the Discussion forum, someone posted 13 hours ago mentioning it. But IMDB itself shows nothing about it.

drychlick August 1 2013 09:46 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
:)you may want to make sure the man died before you post this! just a thought!

Gojira August 1 2013 09:51 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
Quote:

drychlick wrote: (Post 8456125)
:)you may want to make sure the man died before you post this! just a thought!

I had no reason to doubt it at first.

Melakon August 1 2013 09:52 PM

Re: RIP Michael Ansara
 
Gojira, could the Facebook posting you read had been referring to his son with Eden, whose name looks like it might have been Matthew Michael Ansara? He died in 2001.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.